Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Best game console

Maybe it has been covered in another post. Which do you prefer. I prefer Xbox 360 E or S models. I prefer the controller and look of the interface.
    RayField Adam Clement
    aka "King Grinch"

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

This is a tough one for me.

I love PS2 but in 2019 I can't play it because it looks horrible on my HDTV.

I'll go with PS3 and PSPGo as the best handheld.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

It's hard to say, because I have tons of games I love on multiple platforms.

Overall, I guess my PC/Laptop, but my PS3 and PS4 have tons more games that I've actually finished and some extremely top tier exclusives that cater to my tastes. My fat OG PS3 is amazing, and I guess slightly edges out my PS4 due to its near perfect backwards compatibility w/ the PSOne and PS2, but the PS4 OS has better performance and is generally a lot more user friendly, plus it has versions of some of the best PS3 games, some of which have never been ported over to the West (Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Berseria, for instance), and has some great indie support.

Honestly, my Vita is probably my favorite overall console, just because I am usually out of my house and have a lot more more opportunity to play during my commute and other locations than I do at home (where I'm usually either too tired from my commute, preparing for my commute, or doing chores/exercise/etc...) and for letting me play Vita exclusive games, home console/PC games that could only be played portably on the Vita (though the Switch is picking up quite a few of those), PSP games, and PS1 games, as well as some decent remote play options. Just today, I went from playing the Persona 4/5 tier Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 natively on my Vita (having already finished the PSP ports of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter and Second Chapter on the Vita, with the Third Chapter being in my Steam Library) to Remote Playing the PS4 ports of Celeste and Okami HD (both of which, especially Okami, should have also been ported to the Vita as well if Sony hadn't fumbled the marketing so badly, argle bargle) from my cousin's house a couple of towns over.

I'm probably going to pick up a Switch and/or a used New 2/3DSXL at some point, though I would prefer if Sony gets its head out of its ass and creates a new handheld and gives it the type of marketing that the PSP got, or the Vita got in Japan, just because I'm already in the Sony ecosystem and the Vita integrated into it so well, in terms of cross buys, cross play, cross save, and PS Plus discounts/"free" games (until last moth, with regards to the Instant Games).
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-31-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Across the various generations, I chose the following:

Atari 2600
    Commodore 64
    (was left out of the NES generation)
    SNES
    PS1
    PS2
    XBox 360 and PS3 - the only generation where I ended up with both systems. Definitely prefer the X-box 360
    PS4 - though I preferred the 360 in the prior generation I got really soured by some Microsoft statements and initial plans (always have to be connected to the internet, no sharing of games, etc) so I went PS4 and don't regret it at all since there are no Xbox exclusives I care about but I got to play Horizon Zero Dawn and Spiderman on the PS4.

Favorite overall for ease of use is the PS4 by far. Game wise its tough because I loved the Mass Effect series on the 360 but Horizon Zero Dawn and Spiderman were soooooo good.

PS4, tons of games and the largest online players community.

SNES and PS1 were my favorites by far.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Amiga (technically a computer), NES, PSX, and XBox 360 are my favorites.

The current gen, the only discernible differences to me are exclusive games and controller preferences. So I really don't think any particular system is better than the other.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

PS2 so many good games.
    PS3 1st online experience and lego games were fun.
    PS4 I don't think Xbox has as many games.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

PS3 and PS4.

I really dived back into video games with the Playstation 3. That game system is one I have like 140+ games for. A lot I've picked up at flea markets and cheap sales at Gamestop.

PS4 wise I have like over 60+ games for that system and I'm glad I got it as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

360 for me.

Shooting games is my thing & I had a dump truck full to play. It's the only system that I brought 2x & I keep the old one at my job for OT or overnights. My HD is 100% packed with mostly free games that I'll probably finish after I retire.

I have the PS4 but I have less than a dozen games for it. I never buy brand new games...NEVER. When they drop to the $20 range, I'll scoop them up. I really don't care about playing the best/newest/hawtest game of the moment. I can wait.

Arguably, the best system would be the PS3 just on the basis of what it can do. Not only playing PS3 games, but PS1 and (if you have an early model PS3) PS2 games, making the game library for it untouched just by volume alone.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

PS3 for me

PS2, PSP and PC lol (because emulators)

N64 and Gamecube

PSP was quite a versatile console and still is thanks to homebrew stuff.