Amazing Member

Default I see stuff but not what others see

I like comics with a limited Babylon 5 type run. What do people see in multi 100 issue comics? I don't get it.
    RayField Adam Clement
    aka "King Grinch"

I like both kinds of stories.

Some people enjoy the material, and don't want it to end. Or came to check out a series that was an institution and that had been around for a very long time.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I see dead people . . .

Quote Originally Posted by King Grinch View Post
    I like comics with a limited Babylon 5 type run. What do people see in multi 100 issue comics? I don't get it.
    Why do people watch soap operas that have been going for decades or tune into a tv show that's ten years old?

Empty is thy hand!

I see trees of green
    red roses too
    I see them bloom
    for me and you

Icy waters flow between us
    In shelf life shock in the morning
    I see rivers split to deltas
    And trickle into the ocean

When I think of my favourite comics I get works like Preacher, Locke and Key, Transmetropolitan etc, so I have to agree.

I don't think I'd want the new Batmans and Supermans to stop though. There's room for both.

I's lookin' behind us now into history back. I sees those of us who got the luck and started the haul for home, and I 'members how it led us here and how we was heartful 'cause we seen what there once was. One look and we knewed we'd got it straight. Those what had gone before had the knowin' and the doin' of things beyond our reckonin' — even beyond our dreamin'.

Fantastic Four #1-#100, nuff said.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I like comics with stories that have a definite beginning and ending, but you're not going to really see the likes of that in The Monthly Adventures Of Franchise Man, simply due to the nature of those books. So with those I jump on and off as I see fit. I don't have the mentality that I have to buy every issue of Franchise Man, no matter if I'm enjoying it or not, simply because Franchise Man is my favourite character.