Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman Arkham games

Arkham Asylum was my personal favorite. City is too hard with remote control batarangs.
    RayField Adam Clement
    aka "King Grinch"

City is my personal favourite. Absolutely love the story, the characters, the world, the combat, it has a mix of everything I could want in a video game. I respect Asylum and think its really good, its just the claustrophobic/Metroidvania style doesn't appeal to me as much as the open world style of City.

Origins and Knight are decent games too, their negatives just drag them down a bit more in comparison to City.

Astonishing Member

Asylum is my favourite for the smaller scale, setting and those Scarecrow sequences seal the deal.

City is definitely my favorite. A good open world, that knows its limitations, so it isn't as big to become boring (which is something proportional to how many stuff you can do, how much time does it take to travel from one point to another and how "alive" the world feels). Also, good story, graphics and boss fights.

Second would be Arkham Knight. The story becomes a little far fetched sometimes, and the Bat tank can get a little boring, but the aesthetics are great and the combat system is perfect.

Third, Asylum (in a close fight with Knight). Going in circles in the Asylum gets a little reiterative, but even after all these years, it holds itself pretty well, and it has all the right elements that later City improved upon. Bosses weren't as good as in City, but at least better than in Knight.

And the forth place (and final, since I haven't play the Blackgate one) is Origins. It's a good game, but glitches, a big but boring open world and feeling too close to City in its design played against this game. But bosses were cool and it has the best Bane of the saga.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Agreed with everyone saying City. Combat was significantly improved from the first game, more fun gadgets to use, had more areas to explore yet wasn't too big, lots of fun things to do, a fantastic story, and Catwoman.

City was the best overall. Knight would be my next favorite, it has the most refined combat in the series, the only thing that puts it under City is way too much bat tank. Origins has by far the best boss battles in the series, and i think its a bit underrated. Asylum is a great game and is on a smaller scale than the rest, but it was a beginning of something great.

City was the best. Then Asylum. Origins is next for me, I really enjoyed it. Knight is last, could have been great but the overuse of the Batmobile and tanks really took away from it being great.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

I loved them all.

Quote Originally Posted by King Grinch View Post
    Arkham Asylum was my personal favorite. City is too hard with remote control batarangs.
    The City controls of the RCBatarangs blows AA's out of the water.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

My opinion:

Knight
    Asylum
    City
    Origins

Arkham Asylum was a masterpiece. I can play that again and again and still enjoy it like I did the first time. It made me fall in love with comics again. It made me realise what I had been missing. I grew up with the Animated Series and this felt like a nice successor of sorts.

Arkham City had so much hype and I do enjoy the improvements and the story but some of it didn’t seem to make sense to me.

Arkham Origins was fun, but glitchy and ever so frustrating when it deleted my saves again and again.

Arkham Knight is a wonderful end to a wonderful franchise. I understand the frustrations of the Batmobile but they had to do it in order to stand out from City.

I really hope they are doing a Superman game.

Knight - because it had Bat-Family team-ups
    City - improved on the previous game
    Asylum - was the most focused on the main story
    Origins - combat felt off, which was frustrating

If only Knight had more than just Catwoman, Nightwing, and Robin. Batgirl was only playable in a separate DLC and not in the main game, nor did she get to team-up with Batman.

I know she was established as Oracle in the earlier games, but they could have instead brought in:

Spoiler
    or Batwoman (who was established to exist in the Arkham universe)
    or Orphan
    or even Huntress (who was also established to exist in the Arkham universe)
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 03-10-2019 at 03:19 AM.

somebody help me out. I'm playing Arkham part One. I just defeated Croc to get the spores for an antidote to Titan, and fixed it up in the Batcave annex. Now I guess the mission is to seek out Poison Ivy. I've wandered through part of one of the buildings into what i guess is a sewer super-structure, and Batman has a radio conversation with Oracle revealing Joker's plans to flood the Gotham River with the Titan chemical. I'm stuck at trying to climb this vast decaying structure where the standard bat-rope doesn't work (the vertical climb batline). I'm thinking I climbed to the highest level, but then, nothing. When you turn on Detective Vision, I can see some henchman operating at a distance above, but I have no idea how to get to it.

City wins out in just about every category for me. Coolest setting, best story, cast of villains, and overall added the most to the series. I love the soundtrack too, it’s the one I always have on repeat.

City>Asylum>Origins>Knight for me. I still love Asylum and its creepy atmosphere, it’s the one I have the most nostalgia for. I played the demo so many times as a kid before I finally got the game for Christmas. I remember being super hyped for Origins, and I liked it a lot on my first play through, but I’ve started to see more cracks as I replay it over the years. It’s easily the laziest of the series.

Knight was super disappointing to me. The story failed to close the series in a satisfying way, the batmobile was an annoying mechanic, and the lack of boss fights pissed me off. I can’t quite call it terrible, but it’s easily the most disappointing game I’ve ever played.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    somebody help me out. I'm playing Arkham part One. I just defeated Croc to get the spores for an antidote to Titan, and fixed it up in the Batcave annex. Now I guess the mission is to seek out Poison Ivy. I've wandered through part of one of the buildings into what i guess is a sewer super-structure, and Batman has a radio conversation with Oracle revealing Joker's plans to flood the Gotham River with the Titan chemical. I'm stuck at trying to climb this vast decaying structure where the standard bat-rope doesn't work (the vertical climb batline). I'm thinking I climbed to the highest level, but then, nothing. When you turn on Detective Vision, I can see some henchman operating at a distance above, but I have no idea how to get to it.
    I don't know if you managed to solve it. As I remember it, it was pure running so you could jump to another place. Maybe the batline came in handy once you have escalated a few "ladders" and end up in front of some pillars. Youtube must have some videos showing how to pass that part, I had some troubles at first too but once you discover the logic behind it all, I remember it being easier than it looked.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH