Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default How would you make Cyclops cool?

Wolverine was always more popular than any other X-man you ever wondered why? I think it is thanks to his unique character design. I think for instance Cyclops the most disliked one is as good of a character as Logan but for sure the cooler looking ones always steal the spotlight. His unique hairstyle and costume always stand out.
    My question is how would you make Cyclops cooler? Change his costume? He is a great leader so beard perhaps? Different costume colors? Glasses? Haircut?
    My idea has been that he could control his powers but his eyes would always glow red. If anyone can draw nice I would be interested in how would you draw this character since I think he is the most hated Marvel character.

I agree, I agree. Here are some of my original redesigns made with the goal of making Cyclops cool.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I dunno, smoke?

Honestly I think Cyke is already a fairly interesting character but he's not the easiest sell by himself. Without a group of X-Men by his side he's ultimately just a guy with laser eyes in need of a support group.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

He just need a better portrayal in a X-Men film that would do wonders for him. Also, "cool" is a pretty subjective thing, many of his fans would probably say that he is already cool.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Utopia costume without hood, loose hair like Jim Lee's design

Scott does not need to be cooler than that, he is a pragmatic and functional character.

I mean Bendis ruined him...

Quote Originally Posted by verden kommer til en slutt View Post
    Most people here would disagreed with you on that assesment.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I agree, I agree. Here are some of my original redesigns made with the goal of making Cyclops cool.

*appears behind you*
    *charges optic blast*
    - Pssht. Nothing personnel, kid.

I thought kill his boring girlfriend (morrison and cia think like this, not me) to give him manpain and a new chick, then make him a edgy militant was to achieve coolness

If that didn't worked, I dunno what can be made to make him cool

Nah, the costume was ugly and some plots, stupid, but Cyclops with Bendis was great.

BANNED

This thread will be a lure for those posters who blame Cyclops for anything bad that happened to their fav and used the term "mary sue" wrongfully with him, so let's try to have some fun before the bashing starts LMAO

Overall, I don't think Scott needs to be made "cooler", you just need to capitalize on the stuff he already has and build from there. He was picked from a criminal life and became a superhero, but he also has been through so much stuff. He was team leader, husband, leader of his people, a god, a revolutionary, a terrorist. He has one of the franchise's richest histories, only thing he needs are stories where he has to fend for himself and, with all he lived and learned, there's some gold to be extracted from there. The period from Morrison to Bendis already did wonders for him, there's no reason to stop there.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 03-05-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This thread will be a lure for those two posters who blame Cyclops for anything bad that happened to their fav and used the term "mary sue" wrongfully with him, so let's post before they get here.

Overall, I don't think Scott needs to be made "cooler", you just need to capitalize on the stuff he already has and build from there. He was picked from a criminal life and became a superhero, but he also has been through so much stuff. He was team leader, husband, leader of his people, a god, a revolutionary, a terrorist. He has one of the franchise's richest histories, only thing he needs are stories where he has to fend for himself and, with all he lived and learned, there's some gold to be extracted from there. The period from Morrison to Bendis already did wonders for him, there's no reason to stop there.
    Well, both are the same, only change according to the point of view, right?

I do not think he ever did something that I would categorize as terrorism. Even during Bendis he never killed anyone.

I like him the way he is, he is the reason I read x books.

They made him a villian. How is that great? Correct if I am wrong but wasn't he the ''best'' X-man? The best mutant warrior? Always did what Xavier thought was right? And Bendis came and made him Magneto 2.0
    Like Spencer made Captain America the guy who says hail hydra. So stupid.

They made him a villian. How is that great? Correct if I am wrong but wasn't he the ''best'' X-man? The best mutant warrior? Always did what Xavier thought was right? And Bendis came and made him Magneto 2.0
    Like Spencer made Captain America the guy who says hail hydra. So stupid.
    Most of his actions weren't that villanous during Bendis run, so most people were fine with his take.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona