Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How would you make Cyclops cool?

Wolverine was always more popular than any other X-man you ever wondered why? I think it is thanks to his unique character design. I think for instance Cyclops the most disliked one is as good of a character as Logan but for sure the cooler looking ones always steal the spotlight. His unique hairstyle and costume always stand out.
    My question is how would you make Cyclops cooler? Change his costume? He is a great leader so beard perhaps? Different costume colors? Glasses? Haircut?
    My idea has been that he could control his powers but his eyes would always glow red. If anyone can draw nice I would be interested in how would you draw this character since I think he is the most hated Marvel character.

I agree, I agree. Here are some of my original redesigns made with the goal of making Cyclops cool.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I dunno, smoke?

Honestly I think Cyke is already a fairly interesting character but he's not the easiest sell by himself. Without a group of X-Men by his side he's ultimately just a guy with laser eyes in need of a support group.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

All-New Member

Honestly, Cyclops works best in a team, but if they tried to give him a solo book, I’d bet a lot of X-Men readers would pick it up. He’s not that unpopular... at least not among the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by verden kommer til en slutt View Post
    You said it the best. Jason Mamoa is the ''cool Aquaman'' tho. Who would have seen that coming few years ago, right?
    I enjoyed that movie, but I’m still not a fan of Momoa as Aquaman. They obviously did it to push back against the idea that Aquaman is a lame superhero, but Aquaman has already proven over the decades that he’s a great hero in his own right. They were trying to fix something that wasn’t broken. All they needed to do was take the character as he is and tell compelling stories with him. The same thing is true for Cyclops. No fixinig is necessary.
    Last edited by Lee-Sensei; 03-15-2019 at 05:22 AM.

He just need a better portrayal in a X-Men film that would do wonders for him. Also, "cool" is a pretty subjective thing, many of his fans would probably say that he is already cool.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Utopia costume without hood, loose hair like Jim Lee's design

Scott does not need to be cooler than that, he is a pragmatic and functional character.

I mean Bendis ruined him...

Most people here would disagreed with you on that assesment.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Nah, the costume was ugly and some plots, stupid, but Cyclops with Bendis was great.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Utopia costume without hood, loose hair like Jim Lee's design

Scott does not need to be cooler than that, he is a pragmatic and functional character.
    Totally Agree or the jacket get up and vibe from the end of whedon’s Astonishing. I also really love how they been drawing him with a beard etc. Also letting his eyes be seen is important I think. I like how he’s being drawn out of costume lately. However he as other Cyke fans have said he is already cool. He’s also a total dork but in charming way. He’s a study of contradictions and that’s awesome. That and if you look into his past a lot of things people consider uncool come from the trauma he went through and His power that causes a lot of problems for him. The fact that he overcomes that and is so cool often in the comics is great. Maybe give him a chance to relax some as well? There times when he’s more like Quil but you don’t see that because of all the responsibilities and just general hell he’s been through.

His powers are epic but the way he is most awesome is when he is leading and pulling off these crazy plans. He’s an epic field general as well as an great out of combat leader. We have yet to have a really good movie that does Cyke justice.
    D52A959C-47D0-4D55-BD70-C09A42D4B260.jpg377FB0B2-4384-4A15-A82C-19E1B8E05550.jpgA3CE3526-4CD4-4583-959D-660325805076.jpg.
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 03-07-2019 at 01:43 AM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I agree, I agree. Here are some of my original redesigns made with the goal of making Cyclops cool.

*appears behind you*
    *charges optic blast*
    - Pssht. Nothing personnel, kid.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I feel like the question poses the belief that Cyclops is "uncool" and boring. I don't feel that way. In fact, I think he's fine the way he is. His current characterization is quite flushed out and allows for interesting interactions with characters like Wolverine. I feel like respectable exposure in a movie would probably work best in improving the character's reception to a larger audience. As he currently is in the Fox films, he is the guy in the way of Wolverine uniting with Jean.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I feel like the question poses the belief that Cyclops is "uncool" and boring. I don't feel that way. In fact, I think he's fine the way he is. His current characterization is quite flushed out and allows for interesting interactions with characters like Wolverine. I feel like respectable exposure in a movie would probably work best in improving the character's reception to a larger audience. As he currently is in the Fox films, he is the guy in the way of Wolverine uniting with Jean.
    I have nothing more to add. I agree with all of this.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Less love drama, seriously this is probably the reason most people love him or hate him.

Also less edge, he is not wolverine or the punisher and he doesn't need to be, my favorite version of the character is his heroic boyscout persona.