Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Or character assassinate others too.

big boss?
    Is a reference to Metal Gear.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. Cyclops is that kinda-but-not-really-boring guy/gal who made 99% of sentientdom look like undisciplined, out-of-shape jackasses in PE class. Adding insult to injury, he/she wasn't even one of the eviiiil jocks.

Cyclops isn't supposed to be cool. Ever. He/She's the guy/gal who triggers whiners so hard they start writing girl/boyfriend-stealing fanfic.

It is pure unadulterated, legendary awesome. Let it be.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I like stories where they show how gifted Cyclops's Tactical Mind is.

I really enjoyed Hickman's Brief Time with him. His Cyclops was a strategist but at the same time on the mystery side. He had an edge. Reminded me of characters like Shikamaru, Sinestro, and Batman

Cyclops is not cool. That was the problem of the last decade of stories that culminated in his death and comparisons to Hitler. He's not a 'cool' character like Batman or Wolverine. And that's okay. He's a kinda bottled up, myopic, workaholic type of character. Which is good, because that appeals to a large segment of society. That's the trick with him. Lean into his 'uncoolness' and that makes for a compelling, relatable character for many people. They can relate to him at that level, while vicariously enjoying his destructive power, leadership tactics, and hot, more interesting girlfriends.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by verden kommer til en slutt View Post
    Wolverine was always more popular than any other X-man you ever wondered why? I think it is thanks to his unique character design. I think for instance Cyclops the most disliked one is as good of a character as Logan but for sure the cooler looking ones always steal the spotlight. His unique hairstyle and costume always stand out.
    My question is how would you make Cyclops cooler? Change his costume? He is a great leader so beard perhaps? Different costume colors? Glasses? Haircut?
    My idea has been that he could control his powers but his eyes would always glow red. If anyone can draw nice I would be interested in how would you draw this character since I think he is the most hated Marvel character.
    I seriously doubt, outside of some internet shill writers, that anyone actually has seriously said he's the most hated Marvel character. Most people around here are too educated on the subject matter to believe that, even those who wish it was true like the Sunshine Boy's here:

I thought kill his boring girlfriend (morrison and cia think like this, not me) to give him manpain and a new chick, then make him a edgy militant was to achieve coolness

If that didn't worked, I dunno what can be made to make him cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    How to make Cyclops cool? Have him do something interesting without blaming the interesting action on other characters or killing off better characters so that Cyclops can pout about them. I mean, that would make the character tolerable, at the least.
    Cyke should never be cool in the traditional sense. If you think otherwise, you may have missed the point of the character. The guy's about perseverance, reliability, respectability, awkwardness, obsessive planning, deep emotionalism without the burden of being able to express it, often rampant over-protectiveness and a touch of a god complex. None of these attributes are compatible with cool, nor should they ever be. He's the original dad of the X-Men, Charles notwithstanding. Good dads aren't cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I seriously doubt, outside of some internet shill writers, that anyone actually has seriously said he's the most hated Marvel character. Most people around here are too educated on the subject matter to believe that, even those who wish it was true like the Sunshine Boy's here:

Cyke should never be cool in the traditional sense. If you think otherwise, you may have missed the point of the character. The guy's about perseverance, reliability, respectability, awkwardness, obsessive planning, deep emotionalism without the burden of being able to express it, often rampant over-protectiveness and a touch of a god complex. None of these attributes are compatible with cool, nor should they ever be. He's the original dad of the X-Men, Charles notwithstanding. Good dads aren't cool.
    Hey my dad's pretty cool...

BANNED

So OP, you think to be cool you need to have stories about killing and stupid costumes? How wrong you are

Mostly Xavier, that was really bad stuff to make Cyclops the absolute leader. Bishop had more to do with Cable and Hope. Emma I simply don't care and I think Wolverine got out of it fine
    Xavier has been morally questionable for a long time before this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Xavier has been morally questionable for a long time before this.
    Then the plan to make him the absolute leader started a long time ago,I guess.

His fans are able to project onto him because of his uncoolness.

Cyke is supposed to be a square.

However, give him decent treatment in a movie for once, or a good role in the next cartoon would be the best thing they could do to advance the character.

In comics, a villain of his own, who he has to often fight alone, and who doesn't get co-opted by the writer of any other character.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Cyclops has always been cool for me,He is one of the better White Knight/Boy scout/The Sheriff archetype character in comics. While Cyclops has been always cool what he hasn't always has been is interesting and in hand of bad writers Cyclops can be boring as hell. That said over the years for me he has gotten more interesting and they have added a lot depth to him and they have put the character through the wringer. In adding some flaws to him it will keep them overplaying the goodie two shoes angle with him ever again and that is good for the character.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-06-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

I like Cyclops the way he traditionally has been. Not everyone needs to have an improbable haircut, a badass 'doesn't play well with others' attitude and a trail of bodies leading off into their mysterious past. (If they all did, it would get kind of stale.)

If some people find Cyclops 'boring' and Wolverine 'cool,' then the ideal solution is for them to go back to reading about Wolverine, and leave Cyclops for those of us who already like him, not to make Cyclops 'cooler' by turning him into a snarly misanthrope what shoots death from his eyes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Le sigh. Cyclops is that kinda-but-not-really-boring guy/gal who made 99% of sentientdom look like undisciplined, out-of-shape jackasses in PE class. Adding insult to injury, he/she wasn't even one of the eviiiil jocks.

Cyclops isn't supposed to be cool. Ever. He/She's the guy/gal who triggers whiners so hard they start writing girl/boyfriend-stealing fanfic.

It is pure unadulterated, legendary awesome. Let it be.
    But-but-but! Whedon!Cyke was the epitome of cool!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    But-but-but! Whedon!Cyke was the epitome of cool!
    Yeah, but he's a cool loser. Like, even in his best moments I imagine him saying later "I can not believe I've done something so cool".

Wolverine is cool in a traditional way, with his mysterious past, his cigars, his bikes...

Even during Bendis what Cyclops is doing is playing a role. He just wants to make humans believe that there is a revolution on the way to frighten them and leave the mutants alone. As during the Extinction Team, he made threats that he did not make in AvsX.

When Cyclops is edgy and cool it's all a farce that he uses for the interests of the mutants.