Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Utopia costume without hood, loose hair like Jim Lee's design

Scott does not need to be cooler than that, he is a pragmatic and functional character.
    Totally Agree or the jacket get up and vibe from the end of whedon’s Astonishing. I also really love how they been drawing him with a beard etc. Also letting his eyes be seen is important I think. I like how he’s being drawn out of costume lately. However he as other Cyke fans have said he is already cool. He’s also a total dork but in charming way. He’s a study of contradictions and that’s awesome. That and if you look into his past a lot of things people consider uncool come from the trauma he went through and His power that causes a lot of problems for him. The fact that he overcomes that and is so cool often in the comics is great. Maybe give him a chance to relax some as well? There times when he’s more like Quil but you don’t see that because of all the responsibilities and just general hell he’s been through.

His powers are epic but the way he is most awesome is when he is leading and pulling off these crazy plans. He’s an epic field general as well as an great out of combat leader. We have yet to have a really good movie that does Cyke justice.
    D52A959C-47D0-4D55-BD70-C09A42D4B260.jpg377FB0B2-4384-4A15-A82C-19E1B8E05550.jpgA3CE3526-4CD4-4583-959D-660325805076.jpg.
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 03-07-2019 at 01:43 AM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Ok, ok...so blowing the top half of his face off might be a little extreme. And trying to explain that the Punch Dimension switched polarities on him while he was dead, thus making said blowing off of half his face possible might be too complicated an explanation for most. And his fans would just hate it, as they hate most changes to his character.

Still, there's something to be said about Scott being the X-Men's version of the Blazing Skull and never needing ruby quartz shades ever again. Say hello to a new old friend, Cyclops, aka, Dread Scott, aka Mecha-Scott-Zilla!!!
    That's a really great design.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I never understood this whole "Cyclops suckss!" "Scott is so boring!" hate train. Wolverine at this point is just cringey with his "anti-hero" semantics. Scott's a great character, with his biggest weakness being that he cares too much for his team. Not every character needs to be a 24/7 badass to be a good character.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I never understood this whole "Cyclops suckss!" "Scott is so boring!" hate train. Wolverine at this point is just cringey with his "anti-hero" semantics. Scott's a great character, with his biggest weakness being that he cares too much for his team. Not every character needs to be a 24/7 badass to be a good character.
    The Boyscout archetype recieve a lot of that to be honest, is pretty unfair.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I agree, it’s pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    I agree, it’s pretty weird.
    Balance is the key imo. Like I said, to me it's even more cringey that people automatically worship any character that fits the "badass" trope. I've also noticed that people tend to like any character that has sarcasm and wit.

Balance is the key imo. Like I said, to me it's even more cringey that people automatically worship any character that fits the "badass" trope. I've also noticed that people tend to like any character that has sarcasm and wit.
    People can be really shallow sometimes, is not new. Fans had a tendecy to simplify characther and turning then into one-note cartoons (not all of then but most of then do). Personally, Logan is my favorite X-Men but i don't need him to be badass or "cool" all the time (and as i said before, what it counts as "cool" is really just down to your personal taste.), i like when he question himself or show his more noble (for the lack of a better term) side when deals with people that througth similar stuff than him, or think about his personal fears. Scott has done similar things in the past, althougth his personal struggles are very different.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Let his beard grow out some more, beards make everything cool.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Its a big world. Lots of people out there to love things you don't like, or understand.

Personally, I think its because people don't like the middle manager. Cyclops for a good portion of his existence came off like "Middle manager" with Xavier being the Corprate entity.
    So the people who hate him most probably look at him like a kid who becomes a hall monitor or something. Hell I meantioned he gets treated like the stepdad sometimes.

In his worst moments people who don't like him look at him as the ultimate
    "You're not gonna tell me what to do? Who the hell made you the pharoah? Laugh in your visored face."

Meanwhile...people like that "Badass" trope or whatever you call it because thats what they'd like to do IRL, but can't. There's a huge number of people who'd prolly love to pop Claws on their middle manager.
    But really its not "Badassery" its far more likely rugged individualism that they're pining after. YMMV.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Its a big world. Lots of people out there to love things you don't like, or understand.

Personally, I think its because people don't like the middle manager. Cyclops for a good portion of his existence came off like "Middle manager" with Xavier being the Corprate entity.
    So the people who hate him most probably look at him like a kid who becomes a hall monitor or something. Hell I meantioned he gets treated like the stepdad sometimes.

In his worst moments people who don't like him look at him as the ultimate
    "You're not gonna tell me what to do? Who the hell made you the pharoah? Laugh in your visored face."

Meanwhile...people like that "Badass" trope or whatever you call it because thats what they'd like to do IRL, but can't. There's a huge number of people who'd prolly love to pop Claws on their middle manager.
    But really its not "Badassery" its far more likely rugged individualism that they're pining after. YMMV.
    I see what you're saying but the treatment of Scott by readers/writers is just completely unfair. I say that as someone that isn't necessarily the biggest fan of him. If you look behind his outer "boyscout" shell, you see that he's a character that really cares about the X-Men and mutants in general, to the point where it's a flaw, which is interesting. I feel like a lot of the flak he gets stems from him being the one thats willing to avoid giving in to impulsiveness (Although thats debatable) in favor of what's the most logical step. In this way, he's the most effective leader but is seen as "lame" as a result.

Amazing Member

He should make a speech in which he refers to Fred Moten's statement that meaning-making is richer on the outskirts of sense, and act towards his more cryptic impluses in terms of his relationship with language, & do so without giving up his field general acumen. He should also get the jetpack back.

BANNED

He should buy an air conditioner

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Start here:
    image.jpgimage.jpg