Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, it may seem silly but as a child I loved that there was a superhero with glasses like me. It was cool
    But that's just it, Scott didn't wear normal garden variety spectacles. He wore shades. Ruby quartz, but shades nonetheless. Back in the 1960s and 70s, Scott's appearance WAS the in look. At my school back then, kids weren't allowed to wear sunglasses to school. So seeing Scott wearing them all of the time made me envious.

Now Hank, on the other hand, wore glasses.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    But that's just it, Scott didn't wear normal garden variety spectacles. He wore shades. Ruby quartz, but shades nonetheless. Back in the 1960s and 70s, Scott's appearance WAS the in look. At my school back then, kids weren't allowed to wear sunglasses to school. So seeing Scott wearing them all of the time made me envious.

Now Hank, on the other hand, wore glasses.
    You're right but for me being a necessity for him he had a good balance between cool and "it's like me".

Maybe don’t permanently free Scott from the visor, but give him a few stints without it.

Mighty Member

I would give him a small or minor power alteration.. maybe not quite a boost... but his abilities should progress. Maybe have him take " a heroic journey" where he encounters various heroes, villains, and others in the marvel world..

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Cyclops WAS made cool. But then that was deemed "Brotherhood" or something so he got killed and is now somehow being pushed backwards in time to a regressed self.

As far as I'm concerned, the entire "Antihero Cyclops" mega-arc ever since the Apocalypse possession until Death of X was amazing. Twists and turns, ups and downs, but fantastic longform character development which this serial comic medium can excel at

His development had costs, there were tradeoffs to being more "tough" it wasn't even something he necessarily desired to happen it was sort of naturally "forced" onto him over time. It was brilliant.

And no, a new costume or a new use of his mutation won't get the job done

Fundamentally it comes down to how he is portrayed in both the upcoming Dark Phoenix movie and then once the MCU "reboot" happens. Will the MCU again prioritize Logan and make Scott seem like a "cuck" for lack of better word? Have them in a somewhat more equal rivalry? Will they make Scott a boyscout? More of a tormented soul and perfectionist, with accompanied neuroses? We'll have to find out but that is what would get the general public to change their mind on him, since the comics already went very far along a path that 90% of fans seemingly never picked up on
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 03-09-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member

Coolclops.

Cyclops is cool just being Cyclops. One of the the things i love most about Scott is i personally don't find him to be hypocrite. Like your superman or your captain america. I'm sure some could make the argument he is but i have never felt that way. He has been dead wrong in his personal life i.e. maddie but as a professional hero and someone who has always put the betterment of others above himself scott is one of the coolest mutants there are.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Cyclops WAS made cool.
    Could have saved myself a post.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

To make Cyclops cool?

Make him willing to sacrifice his Love...
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

All he needs is just one movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jom2003 View Post
    All he needs is just one movie
    Proper showing of his power. The bank shots.And something like these.
    IMG_20190310_181912.jpg

As many have already said, Cyclops isn't cool and probably shouldn't be. He is the guy with a stick (or 3) up his a$$ and will get the job done because nobody will.

As for him being a villain, I haven't seen him done anything wrong yet. The most evil thing he did was escaping from jail, which he initially refused. The second most wrong thing he did was in connection with AvX. First one was preparing Hope for the Phoenix, which turned out he was roght. The other one was killing Charles when he was telepathically under attack by Charles at the same moment all the avengers are attacking him physically. So if he used more force than he should have, I'm not sure it was his fault. The pheonix force was also accidentally put in him and he was jot trained to relinquish it.

As for Bendis' revolution, if you read it, you'd know it wasn't a rebel revolutuon. It was more like a rebranding of their image and still defending humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #StevilDidNothingWrong

Rightain America
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Paraphrased from “Almost Famous”...

Lester Bangs: Because the X-Men make you feel cool, and hey, I met you. You are not cool.
    Scott: I know. Even when I thought I was, I knew I wasn't.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

make him black