goldenknight2018

Default question about Captain Marvel transformation

a powerful alipsyche magnetron transformation Carl Danvers unto Ms Marvel.

does Carl still transformation unto Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel transformation unto Carl Danvers( just as Billy Batson transformation) or never a transformation? thank

Roy Thomas is long time Fawcett's Captain Marvel fan and stan Lee says Marvel's Captain Marvel had nothing to do with Fawcett's Captain Marvel

Mar-vell was revamped by writer-artist team Roy Thomas and Gil Kane in issue #17 greater abilities. An added plot feature was the introduction of sidekick Rick Jones. Jones and Marvel "shared molecules" allowing only one to exist in the real world at a time. Thomas stated that the intent of the change was to create a more science-fiction oriented update that was reminiscent of Fawcett Comics's original Captain Marvel, who similarly had an alter-ego that could not co-exist with the superhero.

in Captain Marvel #18 psyche magnetron transformation captain marvel unto most Powerful (like Billy Batson transformation unto captain marvel device, she transformedCarol Danvers was exposed to a powerful alien device, she transformed

Carol can instant change into her costume, but there's no actual transformation. Her powers are always active.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The Psyche-Magnetron never affected Mar-Vell. He got extra powers thanks to Zo, which actually turned out to be a big convoluted plot involving Kree technology and the Supreme Intelligence that, even though I'm pretty sure I read the story three times, I can't say I fully recall or understand. He then got further powers thanks to the Nega Bands, which gave him the ability to fly. He then got powers through some kind of sciency ray that caused his flying to have a trail of stars (I don't remember the details beyond that it was the Kree/Skrull War). He then became cosmically aware thanks to the entity known as Eon.

Carol Danvers never truly transformed a la Billy Batson or have the same clear place switching as Mar-Vell did with Rick Jones. However, early on, it seemed that she would change places with "Ms. Marvel" but it turned out to just be her mind creating an alternate personality because she couldn't handle the strain. She did apparently gain Kree memories thanks to the Psyche-Magnetron. Either way, that got downplayed very quickly. Recently, the impact of the Psyche-Magnetron has been downplayed. She apparently naturally possessed these abilities, she just wasn't aware of them. Beyond that, the details would have to be hashed out if someone wanted to do that since it seems the Psyche-Magnetron had some effect. It just seems that Mar-Vell's role had less effect.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

goldenknight2018

that all I need to know. thank

the old Captain Marvel used to swap places with Rick Jones. When Cap was here Rick Jones was in another dimension and vice versa. Carol transforms into her Binary mode but it is not a physical change beyond a lot of glowing.

Back in the day she used to change from her human persona to the Kree Ms Marvel persona, but that was really more of a case of double personality that eventually went away.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    the old Captain Marvel used to swap places with Rick Jones. When Cap was here Rick Jones was in another dimension and vice versa. Carol transforms into her Binary mode but it is not a physical change beyond a lot of glowing.
    If I remember right Rick and Mar-Vel swapped in and out of the Negative Zone with each other.

Astonishing Member

Carol has always been able to 'phase' in and out of uniforms. I would guess that is an ability granted by the Psyche Magnetron thingy.