Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Man, these kind of details should have been in the movie.
    Yeah, I think facing off against her old allies should have been treated more seriously if their relationship was like that.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-07-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Yeah, I think facing off against her old allies should have been treated more seriously of their relationship was like that.
    Even before I read this article I felt that should have been taken more seriously, now knowing this it makes that aspect even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Even before I read this article I felt that should have been taken more seriously, now knowing this it makes that aspect even worse.
    Should have been Carol full of rage and quoting Yon-Rogg about unleashing her anger on the enemy.

Should have been Carol full of rage and quoting Yon-Rogg about unleashing her anger on the enemy.
    Maybe, but there's something about the simple "I have nothing to prove to you" that really works. (It also accidentally proved to be incredibly prophetic given the unsuccessful trolling campaign against it.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Mmm. Nah. It’s fine how it happened.

I was referring to the fight on Mar-Vell’s ship.

Absolutely. Unbridled fury giving way to unstoppable photonic energy.

BANNED

I doubt Carol would want to cause unnecessary damage to Mar-Vell’s ship.

I was referring to the fight on Mar-Vell’s ship.
    Well, we did get that when she break free of the Supreme Intelligence.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, we did get that when she break free of the Supreme Intelligence.
    I rewatched the scene she didn’t come off being full of rage.

Speaking of the Supreme Intelligence, in Carol’s first meeting with it she is told that her memory loss could be a blessing to spare her of a greater pain. I think that should have been something it was right about as in that her remembering everything caused her great pain. People she considered her friends and family murdered the person she most admired, then implanted false memories of innocent people murdering that person in order to motivate her into fighting against them, and fooled her for six years into thinking she was a hero but is in fact an unwitting terrorist. That should take a very heavy toll on her psyche.

Seems like a nice set-up for that alcoholism plotline she had.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-08-2019 at 03:42 PM.

BANNED

Speaking of the Supreme Intelligence, in Carol’s first meeting with it she is told that her memory loss could be a blessing to spare her of a greater pain. I think that should have been something it was right about as in that her remembering everything caused her great pain. People she considered her friends and family murdered the person she most admired, then implanted false memories of innocent people murdering that person in order to motivate her into fighting against them, and fooled her for six years into thinking she was a hero but is in fact an unwitting terrorist. That should take a very heavy toll on her psyche.

Or she remembers everything as it really happened, and through will and determination she makes it out okay, because she's not a weak, frail woman?

Uh huh.

Could work, but don't see how it's needed. The fact that those comments were part of the lies she was being fed to stay in line works perfectly for the story being told.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Uh huh.
    Yeah, the scene has flashes of her getting up after falling. It’s a moment of Carol having confidence in herself and that’s what breaks her free rather than her going berserk because of what was done to her. Then it’s followed with a jokey fight scene.

Could work, but don't see how it's needed. The fact that those comments were part of the lies she was being fed to stay in line works perfectly for the story being told.
    I think it’s an idea that should be explored in a sequel. Though I think this movie should have portrayed Carol as being absolutely furious at StarForce.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-08-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Or she remembers everything as it really happened, and through will and determination she makes it out okay, because she's not a weak, frail woman?
    Weak and frail? Most people wouldn’t get over something like that easily.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-08-2019 at 05:34 PM.

I hope the Flurken gave Fury a special eyebeam laser power
    The J-man