Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
Ok, I was fine with you thinking it was messy, even if I don’t agree, but Larson has garnered near universal praise for this, even by reviewers luke warm over the movie. What about her performance didn’t you like?
Well I felt that her by herself was kind of emotionless most of the time. And she didn't really sell most of the emotional moments. They just kind of happen, you know?

I got the feeling that she was directed that way, to look like a tough pilot or to look more serious because of her cloudy past. To some degree I might be mixing the various plot points and overall movie with her performance. Most of the movie's emotional moments weren't really earned very well, I felt. The biggest one was the montage of her standing up. And that was emotional, maybe the most emotional moment. But it just kind of came out of nowhere. She's super powerful and can pwn everyone anyhow. Yet she needs to have that moment to be able to punch that one dude? Just didn't click for me. I do think she is a good actress. Now that this movie has happened I am thinking we'll see better stuff from her in the future.