I guess I'll start this? I'll probably leave spoilers on my own posts for the first few messages. At least until everyone else catches up.

That being said, here are my basic non-spoiler thoughts after having seeing it:

I really liked it. Even with all of the expecting connections to other films (which there are quite a few), it really does a good job of standing on it's own. I wasn't really thinking about the other movies in the MCU, until a connecting reference would pop up. The chemistry between Jackson, and Larson is great. I really enjoyed all of their scenes together. And Captain Marvel really is one of the heavy hitters in the MCU. That's made pretty clear. I saw a comparison between the two Ant Man films, and I would definitely rate this above both. It's more character/story driven, while those two were more just story driven with a "heist" as the crutch. There are also a lot of 90's references, which are sometimes funny, especially if you grew up during that time period. I think some folks will feel it's overdone though.

There are two post credit scenes. First one is definitely worth staying for. Second one...ehhhh.

Overall, I think this film will won't be a huge knock out for Marvel, but decent overall like most of their movies. The comparisons between this film and DC's Wonder Woman will probably arise as well. I think I like this one a little better, just because Wonder Woman to me really falls off in the 3rd act.

BTW, maybe I was under a rock, but I guess there was some backlash about how this might be a film geared towards having a feminist message? Didn't see any of that in the movie. It felt like whether Captain Marvel was a woman or man it wouldn't have mattered.