Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Why not? Who knows what kind of potentially radioactive gunk are on flurken claws. lol
    Well, why would there be? I mean, there's nothing the movie to suggest that there's something special about the wound.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, why would there be? I mean, there's nothing the movie to suggest that there's something special about the wound.
    I think there kind of was. Immediately after it happens, that look Fury gets from Talos is like, "Oh... that's really bad."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think there kind of was. Immediately after it happens, that look Fury gets from Talos is like, "Oh... that's really bad."
    The fact that he loses proper use of his eye is the “really bad” part. Plus the scratch was kinda gnarly looking

I've been watching all the MCU movies in order recently.

The 3 scratch marks on Fury's eye have been there since Iron Man.

Not that this was the intended outcome, but they kept the wound consistent with the injury.

It totally looks like a bad cat scratch since 2008, the beginning of the MCU.

We need to sic our resident movie and comic book legend sleuth on this!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    The fact that he loses proper use of his eye is the “really bad” part. Plus the scratch was kinda gnarly looking
    Exactly.

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So with Mar-Vell being a woman, what are the chances Annette Bening will return for a sequel flashback where she names her newborn hybrid son Theodore?

The MCU Marvel Family is growing in leaps and bounds! Carol, Monica, Wendy, Kamala, Hulkling...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So with Mar-Vell being a woman, what are the chances Annette Bening will return for a sequel flashback where she names her newborn hybrid son Theodore?

The MCU Marvel Family is growing in leaps and bounds! Carol, Monica, Wendy, Kamala, Hulkling...
    I think the chances are pretty high. We are told that Mar-Vell is the inspiration for Carol becoming a hero, a relationship that was never developed in this movie and it seems like they were originally going to explore it based on Kevin Feige’s statement.

So how powerful is Captain Marvel? The way she tor through that Accuser ship, I'd say she could give Thanos (sans Gauntlet) a run for his money.

(Maybe an old discussion, but I just saw the movie)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So how powerful is Captain Marvel? The way she tor through that Accuser ship, I'd say she could give Thanos (sans Gauntlet) a run for his money.

Myself, I think she probably could, but I don't think that scene is necessarily an indication of it. Given enough propulsion, I think Hulk could have tore through the ship the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Myself, I think she probably could, but I don't think that scene is necessarily an indication of it. Given enough propulsion, I think Hulk could have tore through the ship the same way.
    The current rumor is that Carol is pretty instrumental in taking Thanos down and he ends up draining her powers quite a bit.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Oh My Flerkin!!!

The Total Geek Live crew gives their thoughts on Captain Marvel and its place in the MCU. Watch and see if you agree!

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The current rumor is that Carol is pretty instrumental in taking Thanos down and he ends up draining her powers quite a bit.
    Could be, but I'd bet any power drain is temporary. Permanently depowering your first female solo film hero by a male villain seems like a good way to get a ton of needless backlash. I'm old enough to remember how depowering worked for Wonder Woman back in the early 70s. Seems like it would go over much worse today.

I finally got around to seeing this.
    Random thoughts based on reading through a lot (though not all of) this thread:
    -- It's funny that some people thought the "smile" bit was a reshoot. Real life just demonstrated that the writers knew what they were talking about.
    -- I thought they did a good job incorporating a lot of elements from Carol's life throughout her career (no "giving birth to your own rapist" thankfully), especially the issues with her memory and identity. Obviously there's no Rogue to wipe her mind, but the way they made that a central aspect to her origin was a great move.
    -- The MCU has always resembled the Ultimate Universe as much as it emulates 616 and Mar-vell here (not sure if that's how they spelled it or Mahr Vehl) had a few significant nods to the Ultimate Captain Marvel - whose civilian name was Lawson, and was masquerading as a human scientist. And the name "Asis" (Ultimate Cap worked for SHIELD's Asis project - which was about creating new spacecraft I believe) Not sure if "Pegasus" was a reference to any Capt Marvel lore...
    -- I thought Fury looked great de-aged, but Coulson, less so - he seemed inconsistent to me. And yeah, the cat-scratch thing wasn't so great for me either.
    -- They really piled on the 90's references... I thought they could have gone for a few more unexpected choices in terms of music, but I ultimately enjoyed it - they were clearly having fun with it.
    -- I was not expecting the twist with the Skrulls, but I thought that once the truth came out, they were presented as so harmless. I would have appreciated a more challenging presentation of them where they were more deadly but you could still sympathize with where their anger came from.
    -- Some people made comments about how when Carol got powered up she seemed too comfortable with them right off the bat, etc. but they did foreshadow some things like how she was able to make herself break those shackles with more effort after not being able to several times.... and how she used her powers to propel herself when the hull was breached, it's not a leap to go from that to thinking you can fly, etc. And she did have a "wahoo" moment with bursting through those fighters in orbit. Any more than that would have been self-indulgent since it was a serious situation. I also didn't think she was too OP - she definitely struggled with the missile - she was able to use them to take out the rest, but it's not like she just took them all out with a snap.
    -- For me, the big plot hole is that the Kree knew what she was and just slapped an energy dampener on her and let her walk around. You'd think they would have put her immediately in a lab and worked 24/7 to harness that power...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-19-2019 at 02:16 PM.