Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ... I definitely enjoyed this the most out of all the Age of X-Man tie-ins so far.
    Oh yeah, by a significant margin, no question.

BANNED

Relevant, post-release comments from the preview thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    First issue is available on ComiXology. Tense, claustrophobic, and so, so good. I feel like this book is gonna be the pinnacle of AoXM's mindfuckery, and I mean that in the best way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    All I'm going to say is... I really, really want Vita Ayala to get an X-Book after this one ends. Their writing was magical.

I never cared this much about Bishop before and the mystery of who Moonstar is and what is going on with Polaris is a fantastic start.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    And I got suckered in. Dangit this was a good read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... of the whole "team" Polaris gets the least focus. But it's for a good reason and it'll obviously be rectified next issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    ... And I am so very looking forward to it. XD One of the best parts of this event is just the anticipation - there are so many mysteries!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Though I wonder if him remembering (Or was that Polaris remembering?) Lorna as Pestilence will have some significance later on.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=64408616

Lorna was listed as a notable inclusion among the Horsemen alongside Hulk, Gambit, Sunfire, and Angel. Make of that what you will.

I'm saving most of my talk about this book for elsewhere. What I will add from what I said before is that the writing and the issue of how Lorna isn't leading a book clearly inspired by how Gifted used her in season 1 are two separate matters. Vita may be a great writer doing great things with the premise, but it doesn't change the situation. Which I see as akin to telling a Dark Phoenix story but replacing Jean with Storm, setting Jean as a secondary character, and downplaying/ignoring her history with it.
    Last edited by salarta; 03-06-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I don’t know why or what the reason will be, but I feel like Legion is the one laughing at Bishop.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was pretty good, intriguing set up with lots of mysteries and great art. I wasn't thrilled to see the Shadow King, I'm kinda bored of him. I wonder if people are getting their memories back here because it's harder for Nate to see and reach them, or if the SK is purposely digging up their memories just enough to torment them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t know why or what the reason will be, but I feel like Legion is the one laughing at Bishop.
    That's a solid theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    ... or... the SK is purposely digging up their memories just enough to torment them.
    I got the impression that the SK bit during Bishop's dream sequence at the end, was implanted by somebody other than Amahl Farouk himself, much like Apocalypse & the Sentinel were. An enemy messing with his mind, by way of things they know have personal meaning to him.

BANNED

https://www.facebook.com/GothamCityL...GU&__tn__=kC-R...
    OH...

MY...

💚💚💚 GOD!!!
    💚💚💚

Best hidden, secret cover since Marvelous', with Stryfe killin' Cyke, Wolvie, Cable, & Nope!!!!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-06-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Whoa! Nice find, HA.

That cover definitely adds a couple wrinkles to Bishop and Polaris working together, and perhaps being around Lucas stirs Lorna's memories, causing her to lash out? That might be the reason behind the cover of number two. Really excited to see that hopefully explored throughout the series! Also curious as to what Lorna did exactly to get the label of evil Mutant.

Though one has to wonder why she had no reaction at all when first seeing Bishop, or when he later interacted with her.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 03-06-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I got the impression that the SK bit during Bishop's dream sequence at the end, was implanted by somebody other than Amahl Farouk himself, much like Apocalypse & the Sentinel were. An enemy messing with his mind, by way of things they know have personal meaning to him.
    Oh, that didn’t even occur to me because it seemed to fit SK’s personality and power set.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Whoa! Nice find, HA.

That cover definitely adds a couple wrinkles to Bishop and Polaris working together, and perhaps being around Lucas stirs Lorna's memories, causing her to lash out? That might be the reason behind the cover of number two. Really excited to see that hopefully explored throughout the series! Also curious as to what Lorna did exactly to get the label of evil Mutant.

Though one has to wonder why she had no reaction at all when first seeing Bishop, or when he later interacted with her.
    I KNOW, and thanX!

With that cover, and the more this issue sinks in, the more I'm becoming increasingly obsessed with this. That's sound reasoning, as to what leads to what cover #2 indicates takes place neXt. I'm SERIOUSLY pumped for this series, too! More than any other in recent history that I can recall, for Polaris & co. As far as the evil Mutant tag she got designated with, I just figured it was a riff on big daddy Mags & his old, 616 Brotherhood of.

They, whoever they are, are probably force feedin' her some of those crazy, laced cookies. 'Cause she kinda seemed like she was drugged-up, I thought. I say that with tongue firmly planted in cheek, of course.

Oh, that didn’t even occur to me because it seemed to fit SK’s personality and power set.
    It does, but what do ya think of Tycon's suspicion that it could be Legion, who's behind the curtain & the maddening mind games being played?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Great first issue, nice setup. I really wanna know what the heck is going on in Cerebro and why some are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    It does, but what do ya think of Tycon's suspicion that it could be Legion, who's behind the curtain & the maddening mind games being played?
    I really hope it isn't Legion. The person messing with the prisoners seems to be aware that the AoXM isn't the real world, unless David isn't in control of his own mind or is being reverted to his 80s/90s characterization, I would think he would be trying his best to break everyone out of this AU. I think Legion will be in this title at some point and is being used by Nate somehow, but I don't want him to be the crazy evil guy again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Great first issue, nice setup. I really wanna know what the heck is going on in Cerebro and why some are in it.
    The...

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ... Danger Room, I think you mean.

I enjoyed this. Great art and writing. Arguably my fave so far

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    So was it Trinary we saw, or was it Dani, or even her AoA sister Dana Moonstar?
    People will still claim this is Trinary

Last edited by Havok83; 03-06-2019 at 05:02 PM.

BANNED

I really hope it isn't Legion. The person messing with the prisoners seems to be aware that the AoXM isn't the real world, unless David isn't in control of his own mind or is being reverted to his 80s/90s characterization, I would think he would be trying his best to break everyone out of this AU. I think Legion will be in this title at some point and is being used by Nate somehow, but I don't want him to be the crazy evil guy again.
    I agree, if it does turn out to be Legion, I wouldn't want it to be this either. Nate somehow manipulating him tho, could be interesting, if done right & handled with care.