Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

What, that's clearly the original New Mutant Trinary. Duh.

:P

Also, I'm really looking forward to the rest of this series - of the debuts, it was my second favorite, though I may have some biases toward Marvelous. I dunno. I'm just so excited for this title haha. Vita Ayala NEEDS To be put on a main X-Book after the event ends.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Lorna had a badass armor.

BANNED

Love love love this issue. I suspected this would be my fav of the Age of X-Man splinter titles and I was right.

• The art was crisp and dynamic and very well-matched with the story. Another artist who could do well on a regular X-Book.
    • I love the focus on Bishop, who seems to be our POV character for this series, and I assume we'll be seeing more of the others as the story progresses. I look forward to seeing just how much Dani & Lorna remember. The others don't seem to have retained their memories in the same way as the others, though its possible the memory restoration is very deliberate.
    • The Danger Room might still be Danger herself, which would be cool, though I'm sure she wouldn't be a big fan of being used again.
    • Shard! That's a throwback. Someone did their research
    • The flashes of X-History were really well done and I hope there are more of those as memories start to come back to the detainees.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

easily the best age of x book. it was a very good read.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

These two panels with Dani in her New Mutants uniform, and the other with her as a Valkyrie, are my favorites in the issue. Really well done.

Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 03-06-2019 at 06:32 PM.

I don’t know if it’s the petty in me, but I’m glad that Glob isn’t the only one who mysteriously knows somewhat of what happened before (Snoop, don’t send your shooters).

-It sounds like Polaris knows something
    -Bishop thinks something is wrong
    -Bling!, Anole, and the prisoner at the end flat out know this is a false reality
    -Laura and Gabby get flashes of their previous memories

It makes the reality seem more unstable and less of Glob being the superultramegabadass protagonist who’s gonna break reality with his coolness.

Also. I don’t know if it was intentional or not but I really love the ‘Get Out!’ at the end of the note.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Could Dani be there because X-man and her were starting to become an item in New Mutants? Not really Dani, but a construct of her for his “crimes”?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    So was it Trinary we saw, or was it Dani, or even her AoA sister Dana Moonstar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ... it’s Dani. It was made even clearer in the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... People will still claim this is Trinary

"I... I DON'T BELONG HERE."

More than any other, I think this holds true for Moonstar, ESPECIALLY. Largely thanX to that part right there, tho as well as elsewhere, my preeXisting hypothesis:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    ... that it's possible the real 616 Moonstar's... consciousness, could somehow be involved. Maybe the TO infection made it more... available. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    ... Maybe AoXM Dani is somehow a missing (stolen?) piece of 616 DaniLock's psyche/soul/spirit, sorta, I guess.
    ... that it's in fact the 'real' Dani--or at least part of her--we're dealin' with, became reinforced. In that due to the 616 version's TO'd state, her mind--or again, at least part of it--has been freed and/or become untethered (... due to bein' unoccupied, from being somewhat supplanted?), and is able to move between worlds, as it were. Or transported from one to the other, instead.

If true, the question then becomes, is her 'spirit' in AoXM willingly? And if so, what is its intent? OR, is it being used by another, for their own altruistic or nefarious purposes?

(Snoop, don’t send your shooters).
    Too late--

This is forever #HornyGestapo
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

We should ask JDW when we'll see the story arc that takes place before Disassembled where Trinary takes up archery and pegasus riding!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

... Also. I don’t know if it was intentional or not but I really love the ‘Get Out!’ at the end of the note.
    Yeah...

... the connection wasn't lost on me, either. And pretty sure it was likely intentional. I'd actually be kinda disappointed, if it wasn't.

BANNED

I don’t know if it’s the petty in me, but I’m glad that Glob isn’t the only one who mysteriously knows somewhat of what happened before (Snoop, don’t send your shooters).

-Bling!, Anole, and the prisoner at the end flat out know this is a false reality

It makes the reality seem more unstable and less of Glob being the superultramegabadass protagonist who’s gonna break reality with his coolness.

Also. I don’t know if it was intentional or not but I really love the ‘Get Out!’ at the end of the note.
    It totally makes sense for some of the others to resist and remember their lives before Nate decided to put an end to the horny X-Men lol

I'm sure more and more of the X-Peeps will begin to remember what happens as time passes. Especially with the revolting Extracts and the potential turncoat Extremists. By the time we get to AoXM Omega I'm sure Nate and whatever allies he has left (if any) are going to get their asses kicked. They've had their lives stolen from them. I can't wait to see how they react.

My thoughts on this.

I like the art and costume. Art is obviously quality. Costume retains her iconic look, but is reminiscent of her first, original costume in many ways. Plus it has that metallic sheen that hints at her powers. So all in all, the art and look for Lorna are great and rarely seen out of Marvel.

The idea of her being "evil" is an interesting one. Since it's an AU version of her with whatever changes Nate Grey thought should happen, we know Lorna being "evil" is all a matter of AU perspective. I'm taking it as a mix of playing to her long history of being used by villains (especially knowing her time as Pestilence came up), and her hard-coded mutant philosophy not playing to Nate's idealized vision of the world. Could also take it as a testament to how willful she is that while Magneto could work with Nate's designs, perhaps Lorna had to be presented this way cause she couldn't be made to fit. It also just in general plays to how Lorna as her own character hasn't really "belonged" for most of her history.

Bishop beating her is also fine. For one, this is an AU, so arguments of who would really beat who go out the window. But more importantly, we don't know exactly how Bishop won. And I'm not the sort of fan that thinks their fave should never lose fights. The losses just have to make sense. In this case, we don't have details so I can assume the loss made sense.

My last thing to say, though, goes back to the criticism I've been leveling about this book.

This "Secret History" page perfectly demonstrates even more that Bishop should've had a different book, and Lorna should've been the lead of Prisoner X. Or at minimum that Bishop and Polaris as co-leads would've been better than Bishop as full lead here. A separate Bishop book could've been all about him hunting down mutants like Lorna and starting to question the world and his part in it as he did so. Meanwhile, Lorna could've been the vehicle for Prisoner X as a representation of what locked up mutants go through, and resisting the "natural order" of Age of X. What we have instead is a single book that doesn't let Lorna lead a base concept that her Gifted use clearly inspired, and any ideas for Bishop's time as a bounty hunter (or cop, or whatever) have to be relegated to single image representations like this.

I recognize people like Prisoner X. But I don't look only at what is or what was. I also look at what could have been but isn't. I don't do this only in the case of Lorna. I've done it with Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, countless other things. My assessment is that regardless of how good this may be, a different book with Bishop as lead and this book with Polaris as lead would have been better than this book with Bishop leading and Polaris as a lower level character for his story.
    Last edited by salarta; 03-06-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

No, only you apparently don’t know because it’s Dani. It was made even clearer in the issue.

Dani's in Uncanny X-Men, so it's impossible for this to be the real Dani. That's why she says her memories can't be right. She's an imposter of some sort.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Get Out was probably intentional, it is a big reference and written by a black writer with a black lead makes sense

This book is the best one, re-read 3 times. it will be torture wait one month for this.

SO looking at the shadow somebody knows who is the 4-fingered mutant that delivered the letter?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Dani's in Uncanny X-Men, so it's impossible for this to be the real Dani. That's why she says her memories can't be right. She's an imposter of some sort.
    I don't think the eXplanation will be that simple, or at least I hope it won't be. And when she says her "MEMORIES... ARE WRONG... CAN'T BE TRUE," I interpreted the meaning of that differently than you. I took it to mean that "OUT THERE" = the non-Danger Room Prison CompleX AoXM world, and her New Mutants/Valkyrie recalls as being 616 (like Bishop's & presumably, Polaris'), so they therefore didn't fit.

Tho you could be right, I suppose, with the "Dani" memories literally not being hers... whoever her would be then, I guess.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-08-2019 at 05:44 AM.