Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought you nerds were just over hyping the book but it was pretty good. So this tied with Next Gen are my favs for Age of X-Man so far.
    Good use of Hank and Gabby btw.
    When's X-Tracts?

Favourite pages but I don't recall that panel in the middle with mad Gabby.

Attachment 79328Attachment 79329Attachment 79330
    Ithink it is X-23 when gaby got possesed by the evil cuckoo sister

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Ithink it is X-23 when gaby got possesed by the evil cuckoo sister
    Was Bishop there? Why would he have a flash of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    DANG, your zeal beats mine, even. Think I'm gonna try readin' it a 2nd time now, to see if there's anything I missed, or new that I notice.

Been meaning to get to this, who do y'all think it is/was, "Moonstar"? Polaris? Somebody else that we've seen, or haven't yet, maybe?

The shadow made it look like whoever it was, had only 4 fingers? I'll have to check, as I didn't catch that lil' but if so, VERY important detail. And if an actuality, LONGSHOT's the first & foremost that comes to mind.
    Took a look on the issue again, didn't found anyone with 4 fingers. But there is one unamed mutants with the hand that look like that format, she was talking with Gabby when Bishop arrived on the cafeteria.

It can be another mutant that we still didn't meet too.It is probably just someone that delivered the letter

RCO023_1551924564.jpg
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-07-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Was Bishop there when Lorna was Pestilence?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I don't think so. * Beast was there

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't know...I wonder if he can remember things that he wasn't present
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.

He should have been. That happened post M-Day and he was in Claremont's Uncanny X-men, which was stationed at the mansion at the time

BANNED

I think he was on Claremont's Uncanny, even though Blood of Apocalypse was thankfully contained to adjetiveless. It isn't a stretch to assume he saw the whole thing, but I might have to dig through those issues to be sure of it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Lovely, way better art than I anticipated. Not enough with Polaris but she seems to be key along with Bishop to unraveling the false reality.

Hoping for more with her, but am enjoying the vicious alt-Gabby/Beast.

Moonstar is fairly underwhelming TBH

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    My thoughts on this.

I like the art and costume. Art is obviously quality. Costume retains her iconic look, but is reminiscent of her first, original costume in many ways. Plus it has that metallic sheen that hints at her powers. So all in all, the art and look for Lorna are great and rarely seen out of Marvel.

The idea of her being "evil" is an interesting one. Since it's an AU version of her with whatever changes Nate Grey thought should happen, we know Lorna being "evil" is all a matter of AU perspective. I'm taking it as a mix of playing to her long history of being used by villains (especially knowing her time as Pestilence came up), and her hard-coded mutant philosophy not playing to Nate's idealized vision of the world. Could also take it as a testament to how willful she is that while Magneto could work with Nate's designs, perhaps Lorna had to be presented this way cause she couldn't be made to fit. It also just in general plays to how Lorna as her own character hasn't really "belonged" for most of her history.

Bishop beating her is also fine. For one, this is an AU, so arguments of who would really beat who go out the window. But more importantly, we don't know exactly how Bishop won. And I'm not the sort of fan that thinks their fave should never lose fights. The losses just have to make sense. In this case, we don't have details so I can assume the loss made sense.

My last thing to say, though, goes back to the criticism I've been leveling about this book.

This "Secret History" page perfectly demonstrates even more that Bishop should've had a different book, and Lorna should've been the lead of Prisoner X. Or at minimum that Bishop and Polaris as co-leads would've been better than Bishop as full lead here. A separate Bishop book could've been all about him hunting down mutants like Lorna and starting to question the world and his part in it as he did so. Meanwhile, Lorna could've been the vehicle for Prisoner X as a representation of what locked up mutants go through, and resisting the "natural order" of Age of X. What we have instead is a single book that doesn't let Lorna lead a base concept that her Gifted use clearly inspired, and any ideas for Bishop's time as a bounty hunter (or cop, or whatever) have to be relegated to single image representations like this.

I recognize people like Prisoner X. But I don't look only at what is or what was. I also look at what could have been but isn't. I don't do this only in the case of Lorna. I've done it with Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, countless other things. My assessment is that regardless of how good this may be, a different book with Bishop as lead and this book with Polaris as lead would have been better than this book with Bishop leading and Polaris as a lower level character for his story.
    Hmm interesting cover. Well you know already I am a big fan of a more aggressive or vicious Polaris version so that would be fine for me although in this book we will not be getting it and my supposition is the "evil" is meant to be tongue in cheek given the constraints of this alt-reality you know? Like she is an "evil mutant" from the distorted PoV of the PowersThatBe in Nate's utopia.

I also agree there is 0 chance Bishop wins in 1 on 1 with Lorna.

Your points about how this is clearly The Gifted inspired to me are right on despite all the disagreement you received. Like, if you watched that show I just think it's impossible to deny.

And yeah there is definitely conflict with Bishop and Polaris both as would-be dominant in this book. We'll find out how it goes overall, in issue 1 Bishop clearly gets focused on and developed but it looks as though issue 2 is going to switch a lot more forcefully over to Polaris
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 03-08-2019 at 04:10 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yeah that is what i meant.I don't know why i mentioned Cerebro So Bishop second infraction was conspiracy to dessiminate anti-autonomy misinformation. Sounds like he snapped out of it and tried to warn the others. Looking forward to finding out why the others are in there. I'm guessing Polaris and Gabby are there because of family relationships to Magneto and X-23 maybe just the sight of those 2 could make Eric and X-23 remember. Beast as a prison shotcaller is unexpected.
    Yeah, that's what I figured, no biggie. Mentions of Cerebro have been sprinkled throughout AoXM, Marvelous in particular, so it's understandable. Bishop advocating for togetherness over isolation in some way, is an interesting development that would make sense, given what we've seen so far. We already know how Polaris ended up at the Danger Room Prison CompleX:

... if not eXactly why, just yet. Just the how alone tho, makes for a highly intriguing complication. Yes, Beast's role was a pleasant surprise. Much thanX to the many grievances against his 616 counterpart, he's certainly easy to root against.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    ... AoXM... is shaping up to be a REALLY strong event.
    Think with this & neXt week's previews, there's no denying it, AND...

... at this point.

BANNED

So is Shard the final member of the cast or is it Shadow King?...
    Neither, I would say. I took them both as being illusions, serving the purpose(s) of another. And speaking of...

... The mystery of the two Danis...
    ... hmm, there's definitely someone present, who's been shown to have a certain... predilection for them, in the past.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-08-2019 at 06:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    ... probably just someone that delivered the letter

RCO023_1551924564.jpg
    OR...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ... it is Legion... as... he.. tries to reach out to... Bishop... to get him to question his surroundings. ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    ... - I'm glad this Dani is getting character development (I also think it's her consciousness/mind and her body in Uncanny is a shell)...

BANNED

Again, the Shadow King, Apocalypse, the Sentinel, Shard, are...

... mirages, IMO, much like the memory glitch of Polaris as Pestilence was. Also, note the emphasis on the words... MIND... AFRAID... and FEAR.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Again, the Shadow King, Apocalypse, the Sentinel, Shard, are...

... mirages, IMO, much like the memory glitch of Polaris as Pestilence was. Also, note the emphasis on the words... MIND... AFRAID... and FEAR.
    I see where you're going here. Makes sense, and if this one is the version Nate created her powers would be intact for this sole purpose.