Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Donna Troy's Future? (Doomsday Clock #9 SPOILER)

Just saw this panel from DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9 on Bleeding Cool -- https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...se-9-spoilers/

-- and, among other things, it shows Donna Troy in her classic Silver/Bronze Age red suit. With what looks like a glowing magic lasso on her hip.

Has anyone read the issue and know anything else in this glimpse of the DCU future specific to Donna or WW?

I would kill to have some kind of REBIRTH for WW's little sister....

It's strange, earlier in the series, Giganta, Dr. Poison, and Dr. Psycho were also sporting their pre-Flashpoint outfits (and Giganta again in this issue). There's either a meaning behind these classic looks, or the artist just decided to ignore Rebirth for the non-Justice Leaguers.

I'm just frustrated with the complete lack of Diana in this story

Hmmn, sounds like a potential Interesting story a-foot here with a lot of questions right now...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I'm just frustrated with the complete lack of Diana in this story
    spoilers:
    According to spoilers I read for the latest issue, she shows up in this one. In a non murder-y capacity, which is always a pleasant surprise from Johns.
    end of spoilers

I'm way behind, I may splurge on a few issues of this tonight, but it will be a while before I can get everything up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    According to spoilers I read for the latest issue, she shows up in this one. In a non murder-y capacity, which is always a pleasant surprise from Johns.
    end of spoilers

I'm way behind, I may splurge on a few issues of this tonight, but it will be a while before I can get everything up until now.
    That's awesome! I take back what I said

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Just saw this panel from DOOMSDAY CLOCK #9 on Bleeding Cool -- https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...se-9-spoilers/

-- and, among other things, it shows Donna Troy in her classic Silver/Bronze Age red suit. With what looks like a glowing magic lasso on her hip.

Has anyone read the issue and know anything else in this glimpse of the DCU future specific to Donna or WW?

I would kill to have some kind of REBIRTH for WW's little sister....
    She's probably joining the Justice League Oddessy Team after Titans ends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    That's awesome! I take back what I said
    spoilers:
    Yeah, and you'll be pleased to know she has a plan to put all this madness to bed...that is, if she can get a word in without constant interruption
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    She's probably joining the Justice League Oddessy Team after Titans ends.
    I doubt it, because I don't think Odyssey will survive long enough. It's only half a dozen issues in and the creative team has already been replaced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SO great to see this! I was hoping that with the TITANS TV Series using the classic red and gold, that it would reappear in the books. Here's hoping it STICKS. And hoping she's in a new book soon. I'll buy anything with Donna.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    SO great to see this! I was hoping that with the TITANS TV Series using the classic red and gold, that it would reappear in the books. Here's hoping it STICKS. And hoping she's in a new book soon. I'll buy anything with Donna.
    Same! I need to see Donna in the Wonder Woman comic though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Same! I need to see Donna in the Wonder Woman comic though.
    G Willow Wilson was asked over on Twitter (I think it is linked in the Donna Troy appreciation thread). Wilson said she'd love to, but it appears to fall outside of her own remit to include Donna.

(Sometimes, I wonder if DC's editors are more concerned about making sure other people can't use "their" characters than in making sure "their" characters are used at all…)

ETA: Tracked down actual tweet, not as drastic as implied above.
    Last edited by kjn; 03-06-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I liked her sporting the throwback suit. I don't think there's any real meaning behind it though.

And yeah, Wonder Woman finally made an appearance and it seems like she'll play a fairly important role heading into the final act.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, and you'll be pleased to know she has a plan to put all this madness to bed...that is, if she can get a word in without constant interruption
    end of spoilers
    Which is a hilarious statement, as she literally gets interrupted in this very issue by Black Adam and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I liked her sporting the throwback suit. I don't think there's any real meaning behind it though.
    But note the glowing golden lasso, too.