Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That's not the exact same design - the stars only appear to be on her chest. It's new.

Some other characters are wearing old designs though: Batgirl and Red Hood are in their New 52 designs and Starfire is in her original Rebirth design.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I was thrilled to see Donna in this costume. It's a nice update on her classic red jumpsuit. Hopefully it sticks and Donna Troy finds a permanent home in Wonder Woman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    G Willow Wilson was asked over on Twitter (I think it is linked in the Donna Troy appreciation thread). Wilson said she'd love to, but it appears to fall outside of her own remit to include Donna.

(Sometimes, I wonder if DC's editors are more concerned about making sure other people can't use "their" characters than in making sure "their" characters are used at all…)
    It would explain WB and their weird media embargoes, even for characters they have full rights too.

What!?! Willow's not allowed to use the Wonder Girls?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    But note the glowing golden lasso, too.
    This is true. And she's one of the few Titans that's gotten page time in Heroes in Crisis and not ended up dead. So maybe there's some plans for her coming up somewhere.

[QUOTE=Harpsikord;4237405]That's not the exact same design - the stars only appear to be on her chest. It's new.

They may have gone way back
    16416CE0-A2BA-4F8A-9BCC-AF51B498CBE0.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I'm just frustrated with the complete lack of Diana in this story
    She shows up in this issue. But i can't help but feel that she won't do anything important in this event. Only losing next issue, if she fights at all.
    Last edited by starlight25; 03-06-2019 at 07:59 PM.

BANNED

G Willow Wilson was asked over on Twitter (I think it is linked in the Donna Troy appreciation thread). Wilson said she'd love to, but it appears to fall outside of her own remit to include Donna.

(Sometimes, I wonder if DC's editors are more concerned about making sure other people can't use "their" characters than in making sure "their" characters are used at all…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would explain WB and their weird media embargoes, even for characters they have full rights too.
    This is bull it's like DC really doesn't want to increase Wonder Woman presence outside of the movies. I mean merchandise is one thing, but lack of comics outside of her own and the more usage of the Wonder Woman girls together for an adventure or two for once via Batman family and Superman family.

It's like WB and DC refuses to push Diana and her crew beyond what they're capable of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    This is bull it's like DC really doesn't want to increase Wonder Woman presence outside of the movies. I mean merchandise is one thing, but lack of comics outside of her own and the more usage of the Wonder Woman girls together for an adventure or two for once via Batman family and Superman family.

It's like WB and DC refuses to push Diana and her crew beyond what they're capable of.
    Beyond what they are capable? They hardly try to push Wonder Woman, let alone the rest of her verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's strange, earlier in the series, Giganta, Dr. Poison, and Dr. Psycho were also sporting their pre-Flashpoint outfits (and Giganta again in this issue). There's either a meaning behind these classic looks, or the artist just decided to ignore Rebirth for the non-Justice Leaguers.
    It’s Frank. He and Johns are both Silver/Bronze Age fans. They put Metallo in his Pre-Crisis look even though it’s a dumb look imo. I wouldn’t read too much into DDC, the whole book is going to be standalone now I’d wager.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What!?! Willow's not allowed to use the Wonder Girls?
    I tracked down the original tweet via my mention of it in the Donna Troy thread, and it seems I slightly misremembered things:

We'll see! If we can make the continuity issues work out, I would love to have her...
    So the way I read this is that Wilson wants to sort out the continuity issues and use Donna, but it's not up to her alone, or even her and her editor alone. So not quite as bad as I remembered it.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

[QUOTE=billee0918;4237829]
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That's not the exact same design - the stars only appear to be on her chest. It's new.

They may have gone way back
    16416CE0-A2BA-4F8A-9BCC-AF51B498CBE0.jpg
    I don't think so - here are no stars on the thigh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    She shows up in this issue. But i can't help but feel that she won't do anything important in this event. Only losing next issue, if she fights at all.
    I'm hoping she kicks Black Adam's ass. If she has to lose to him, I want it only to be due to Giganta helping him. Let's give Doris a boost.

Her late arrival in this is pretty frustrating. I got good vibes off of her when I skimmed her scene, which is good with Johns writing. But of course, the Trinity's importance is heavily skewed towards Batman. Diana is only just showing up now, no focus on Cheetah or Circe or anybody even though Lex and Joker get importance, and Clark isn't getting as much page time as you'd think for something billed as primarily a Superman story.

Still an overall great series though, better than it has any right to be, just disappointing with its execution of Superman and Wonder Woman. But I guess since Johns struggles with the Trinity in general, it may be better to have less scenes as long as they are quality.

I tracked down the original tweet via my mention of it in the Donna Troy thread, and it seems I slightly misremembered things:

So the way I read this is that Wilson wants to sort out the continuity issues and use Donna, but it's not up to her alone, or even her and her editor alone. So not quite as bad as I remembered it.
    I don't get it. Cassie would be fair enough, but Donna's book (Titans) is cancelled, so she should be available.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't get it. Cassie would be fair enough, but Donna's book (Titans) is cancelled, so she should be available.
    This is just speculation, but here goes some possible options:

(1) Any attempt to change Donna's backstory would have to be cleared with the Titans editors
    (2) The Titans editors still have Donna under their full editorial control, and gets to decide in which books she appears.
    (3) The Titans editors and the Wonder Woman editors don't get along.

No matter what, (1) will likely be true, and can be complicated by (2) or (3) or both.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])