Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The TV show used the classic origin, but made Donna a teenager instead of an infant -- so that Wonder Woman wouldn't be too much older than Donna. It's a small change to the original. The mirror duplicate origin is messy to me.

I'm guessing that a lot of the characters who went to Mars -- did so for a reason. And that reason is fox Johns to fix them.
    huh. Never considered that.

So, I'm not keeping up with [insert name of superfluous crossover] but am I understanding that J'onn is taking heroes to Mars to "fix" them (their continuity?)

I really hope we learn soon where we will be finding Donna monthly after this is all written.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I didn't get the impression that J'onn took them to Mars to fix them so much as to confront Manhattan...but I read through it quickly.

They all went to Mars to confront something that took out Superman and Firestorm at the same time like it was nothing. They don’t don’t even know who or what a Dr. Manhattan is.

I wouldn’t put too much stock into anything going on with Donna after this story. She was just 1 of like 20 heroes there to just kinda show the scope of how big a deal it was.

And I definitely wouldn’t call it just another superfluous crossover. It’s probably the best story DC has put out in a long time. It’s pretty great and a whole different thing compared to something like Forever Evil or anything like that.

Hate it that WW writers don't have a plan for Donna, when they sign up for these runs.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Hate it that WW writers don't have a plan for Donna, when they sign up for these runs.
    I know, it's like batman writers not having a plan for Robin, Alfred or the Commissioner. Why can WW writers not consider her family?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think it's because Donna is under the control of a different editor, in a different office. From an office politics point of view, she is thus not part of the Wonder family.

In any case, Wilson has indicated that she would like to use Donna, but that it requires untangling the continuity issues.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Unfortunately, Donna hasn't been given a function or role to play in the WW comics, the way Alfred and Robin have. If there was something Diana needed her assistance or expertise with, maybe, things could be different. Presently, she's another tall, dark-haired, Caucasian woman, with good character and an Amazon background - basically, a second Wonder Woman. In a comic that often can't figure out what to do with Diana, who needs a second WW?

For that reason, I've hoped to see some writer give Donna a small town to protect, like Robinson's Elexinor, Oregon. Perhaps, writers could keep Donna in a cutaway subplot, running parallel to Diana's, allowing each heroine enough narrative space not to appear ..redundant. Could Donna be a small town doctor, while moonlighting, as the new Fury or Miss America? Maybe, Donna's small town could be somewhere, on the outskirts of Virginia Shoreline ..or DC?

I also think Donna needs a writer, who can show that she has personality traits, which make her decidedly unlike her big sister. Could she be the Fun, Hip Wonder Woman? Maybe, a hip, quirky character driving people NUTS in a small, conservative, northwest town, Elexinor? Never-mind what went before; let's see some genius writer ignore the clunky, problematic origin and give her a new life, all of her own.

Donna needs a role to play in the Wonderverse, besides second WW. I think she needs her own Bludhaven.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-15-2019 at 03:11 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

At this point I gotta say I'm hoping that Doomsday Clock reboots the universe and we get a simplified, suitable origin back for Donna that better reflects her "classic" character and personality. (Call me DC Comics, I have ideas.)

My take on Doomsday Clock is that reality is constantly shifting and realigning itself around Doctor Manhattan, so that's why we get various costumes and characters together that seem to be from other eras. At least that's who it's playing out on my head... <shrugs shoulders>

Anyway, as always, SAVE DONNA TROY!

BTW, I just read Doomsday Clock #9 and I like how it showcases Diana's talents with the situation at hand (although I'm wondering why she's been absent in-universe for a bit - as it's referenced by a broadcaster reporting.)

Also, the last page gives a great pre-scene for a battle I hope we see and that Diana does well in... considering such scenarios are usually save for the guy with the S on his chest.

That absence is likely due to the disbanding of the Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It was said that the amazons taken Diana back to Themyscira

Not sure of Donna’s future, but If Diana loses to Black Adam and Giganta I will be extremely ticked. WW vs Black Adam is the battle I’ve been dreaming about. Let’s hope Diana wins the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Not sure of Donna’s future, but If Diana loses to Black Adam and Giganta I will be extremely ticked. WW vs Black Adam is the battle I’ve been dreaming about. Let’s hope Diana wins the day!
    She defeated him in metal

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Anyway, as always, SAVE DONNA TROY!
    <3 Troia!