Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

We don't need yet another Who is Donna Troy story, so I'm fine with them simply resetting her kind of like Tim. Just have her New Teen Titans origin be the origin. It is easily the simplest and the best, and it is more or less what was used for the show. If they feel an explanation for her powers is needed, just make it a mystically activated meta gene. Definitely have her be Diana's little sister through adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    We don't need yet another Who is Donna Troy story, so I'm fine with them simply resetting her kind of like Tim. Just have her New Teen Titans origin be the origin. It is easily the simplest and the best, and it is more or less what was used for the show. If they feel an explanation for her powers is needed, just make it a mystically activated meta gene. Definitely have her be Diana's little sister through adoption.
    Or just say she's the daughter of Hyperion(or whoever, I forget which one was her ancestor) and call it a day. You don't need any more explanation for the origin of her powers. Then just say she was raised as a human because they were hiding her from Zeus.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or just say she's the daughter of Hyperion(or whoever, I forget which one was her ancestor) and call it a day. You don't need any more explanation for the origin of her powers. Then just say she was raised as a human because they were hiding her from Zeus.
    Adds an extra squicky layer to that classic story with Hyperion and the other Titans (not that he'd let a little thing like incest stop him).

Hermes or Rhea rescuing her and bringing her to the Amazons to be adopted by Hippolyta is still my ideal origin for her. We can't have Diana do it anymore, but otherwise we wouldn't be changing much.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Adds an extra squicky layer to that classic story with Hyperion and the other Titans (not that he'd let a little thing like incest stop him).

Hermes or Rhea rescuing her and bringing her to the Amazons to be adopted by Hippolyta is still my ideal origin for her. We can't have Diana do it anymore, but otherwise we wouldn't be changing much.
    Yeah family trees in Greek mythology tend to be... crooked. But if that's the source material, not much point reinventing it for the comics.

Some may disagree but, I don't mind Donna's link to the Titans. I think it's a great compromise to say that Rhea rescued Donna from the burning building and delivered her to the island instead of Diana. I feel having the Titans grant Donna's powers is a way to set Diana and Donna apart. That said, I also feel that revisiting Donna's origin at this point would just add another confusing layer. Writers already avoid her due to her confusing backstory. It's a shame to let this character, who's had 60 years of publication history, fall to the wayside because every writer is stuck on fixing/revising her backstory rather than just telling great stories with an established character. We have a pretty good idea who Donna is: the den mother figure of the Titans, everyone's best friend who other's turn to for advice. Her fierceness of a warrior is matched only by her fierceness of how she protects her friends. That should be what writers build upon, not where she came from.

Its more interesting, for example, to see another young girl grow up on an island of warriors, being somewhat of an outsider adopted and trained and eventually grow into this amazing hero. There's so many rich aspects of that part of her history/personality that have been barely explored by writers.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Some may disagree but, I don't mind Donna's link to the Titans. I think it's a great compromise to say that Rhea rescued Donna from the burning building and delivered her to the island instead of Diana. I feel having the Titans grant Donna's powers is a way to set Diana and Donna apart. That said, I also feel that revisiting Donna's origin at this point would just add another confusing layer. Writers already avoid her due to her confusing backstory. It's a shame to let this character, who's had 60 years of publication history, fall to the wayside because every writer is stuck on fixing/revising her backstory rather than just telling great stories with an established character. We have a pretty good idea who Donna is: the den mother figure of the Titans, everyone's best friend who other's turn to for advice. Her fierceness of a warrior is matched only by her fierceness of how she protects her friends. That should be what writers build upon, not where she came from.

Its more interesting, for example, to see another young girl grow up on an island of warriors, being somewhat of an outsider adopted and trained and eventually grow into this amazing hero. There's so many rich aspects of that part of her history/personality that have been barely explored by writers.
    To be honest, I don't mind the Titans connection ether. Even if they wanted to keep Donna as a potential villain turned good plot point they could.

The Titan's Seeds were created for the simple purpose of trying to overthrow the Olympians and have the Titans take Olympus back. Rhea being one of the Titans who originally helped the Olympians the first time by hiding Zeus, instead does something to Donna to prevent her from turning Evil at all and gives the girl to the Amazons to raise. As Diana is the bridge between the Amazons/Olympians and the World, Donna could be what brings both set of Gods back into good terms. OF course some of the Titans would rather die than surrender to the Olympians or join forces with them.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    To be honest, I don't mind the Titans connection ether. Even if they wanted to keep Donna as a potential villain turned good plot point they could.

The Titan's Seeds were created for the simple purpose of trying to overthrow the Olympians and have the Titans take Olympus back. Rhea being one of the Titans who originally helped the Olympians the first time by hiding Zeus, instead does something to Donna to prevent her from turning Evil at all and gives the girl to the Amazons to raise. As Diana is the bridge between the Amazons/Olympians and the World, Donna could be what brings both set of Gods back into good terms. OF course some of the Titans would rather die than surrender to the Olympians or join forces with them.
    I have to say that I loved the Titan seed idea. In-universe it just makes sense. Also there's the idea that Gaia could do it. I mean certain Titans didn't die or get sealed in the Titanomachy, so yeah...