Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
I'd absolutely drop track 10 (Roxxette) and replace it with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pTI2VC14Qts

it will "fit" better (between "the one and only" and "I'm so excited"), has the same vibe of the other songs you're picking, and c'mon, it's AWESOME Heaven17.
Yeah, I came to the same conclusion myself, Roxette has been dropped. Not entirely sure about your suggestion tho', need to listen to it a bit more, methinks. Cheers for the suggestion tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
Looks like a good set, Johansson.
Cheers mate. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
GAWD! This thread makes me feel old. I didn't think young people still made mixtapes for each other. Don't kids just swap illegally downloaded music files these days?
Ay, that they do. I'm making a tape, through tons of hard work, to show my dedication tho' - anybody can do a list these days! With a real-deal tape, I'll show her I'm dedicated.

The process goes like this:

• Go out and buy tape
  • Chose songs
  • Download in very high quality
  • Burn to cd
  • Record to cassette via my grandma's old boombox

Also, swap Don't Stop Believing for a different song. I'm sure your friend is probably sick of it by now from it's over exposure Red Sox, Sopranos...I'm not a big Journey fan but maybe something like "Just the Same Way?"

Also, what I think of is Goth is different from what young people today think of as Goth is different. But if you want to make another tape and include something closer to her tastes...Cure is a good place to start. Can't miss with Siouxsie and the Banshees. Bauhuas, I'd say either "Bela Lugosi's Dead" or their version of Bowie's "Ziggy Stadust". Nine Inch Nails.
Aww, but I like Don't stop Believing! It is very, very over-exposed tho'. She's a bit different in that she doesn't watch sports, or go to games however - in fact, she hardly watches tv. The two of us are located in Northern Europe as well, so we're only vaguely aware that Red Sox plays baseball, few people here have ever seen a Red Sox game. Most of us watch Soccer, or Hockey.

I'll consider "Just the Same Way" tho', maybe "any way you want it" too, Journey's got a couple of good ones.

And I'll definitely give making an all-new goth-tape some thought. Nine Inch Nails and Bauhus I do believe are actually some of her fav's. She's not into the never kind of goth, Nightwish and the like - she's into the 80's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
I know it's a little late... but here's a few more...

When in Rome - "The Promise"
OMD - "If You Leave"
Thompson Twins - "Hold Me Now"
The Cure - "Lovesong"
New Order - "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Cheers! Will have a listen to those. =)

Btw, here's my latest update on the list, I cut it down to size quite a bit. Shorter, but sweeter, imho:

For You.

Side 1.
1. I want it All (2011 remaster) - Queen
2. Smooth Criminal (radio edit) - Michael Jackson
3. I’m so Excited - the Pointer Sisters
4. Take on Me - A-ha
5. Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey
6. I drove all Night - Cyndi Lauper

Side 2.
7. I wanna dance with somebody -
- Whitney Houston
8. Into the Groove - Madonna