Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Peter is a real jerk for baiting her like that. Not nice! Bad Bad No Good-Man!
    Well, depending on when this was set, he might have been getting back at her for what she did in that Spec #300 backup .

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Based God Spencer flexes his power, using continuity beats from like 6 other books.

I love me some HAMMAHEAD!

Peter is a real jerk for baiting her like that. Not nice! Bad Bad No Good-Man!

No info on Felicia's new boo, which may actually be a good thing, because I can pretend it's Janice for longer.
    it's probably Paladin again. they should just tie the knot. both are paper chasers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Loved the most recent issue !
    Same here. I love that Spencer is writing all of these point one tie-ins. This one did a nice job of fleshing out Felicia's intro into this story and I like how Spencer is showing how Peter revealing his id to her again has created some real turmoil for Felicia. I wonder if Spencer is going to keep exploring Felicia's feelings for Peter and if it might start to create problems between Peter and MJ. I would say that he's building towards Felicia making a tragic sacrifice on Peter's behalf during Hunted but the announcement of her new solo title shoots that down.

Totally gobsmacked by this issue

#1 - Where did Iban Coello come from?? WTF. He's like Jim Chueng meets Ryan Stegman in a blender but they both live. Insane art and art direction, visually told perfectly

#2 - So much redemption for Felicia done so well. Also, so much character depth to make up for lost time. Spencer convincingly revealed she was really falling in love with Pete. That helps me buy the rationale for the heel turn a bit more than I have been.

#3 - On a related note...sounds like Nick Spencer really understands women. Her responses and perceptions and emotions were all female (albeit an especially badass one) and she seems more like a real, 3D flesh and blood character now then she ever has been

#4 - I feel like I'm at the beginning of story that might be destined to make a lot of peoples Top 5 Best Ever Spidey arcs. It's really, really good so far. Haven't been this excited about any Spidey event this much in a long time! (Don't drop the ball!! lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Haven't been this excited about any Spidey event this much in a long time! (Don't drop the ball!! lol)
    ... make that *any* Marvel event!

#1 - Where did Iban Coello come from?? WTF. He's like Jim Chueng meets Ryan Stegman in a blender but they both live. Insane art and art direction, visually told perfectly

#2 - So much redemption for Felicia done so well. Also, so much character depth to make up for lost time. Spencer convincingly revealed she was really falling in love with Pete. That helps me buy the rationale for the heel turn a bit more than I have been.

#3 - On a related note...sounds like Nick Spencer really understands women. Her responses and perceptions and emotions were all female (albeit an especially badass one) and she seems more like a real, 3D flesh and blood character now then she ever has been

#4 - I feel like I'm at the beginning of story that might be destined to make a lot of peoples Top 5 Best Ever Spidey arcs. It's really, really good so far. Haven't been this excited about any Spidey event this much in a long time! (Don't drop the ball!! lol)
    This is going to be an awesome story arc. I'm way more pumped for this than War of Realms even though I'm buying it and all the tie ins. Looking forward to seeing all of Spidey's villains. Kraven, Taskmaster and Black Ant are going to have to crawl down a dark hole after this is all said and done. They are making a lot of enemies.

Spencer did a nice job with Felicia. She's heartbroken after the fact. Looking forward to seeing her in her solo. This solo got her off to a great start. Very enjoyable issue.

Spectacular Member

Not too long ago I wouldn't have thought we would ever get a Felicia this well written again. I loved this issue, I can't say enough how much I'm enjoying Specer's take on her character. I know he's not writing her solo, but I have high hopes she will continue to be written this well.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Docz;4239948]Not too long ago I wouldn't have thought we would ever get a Felicia this well written again. I loved this issue, I can't say enough how much I'm enjoying Specer's take on her character. I know he's not writing her solo, but I have high hopes she will continue to be written this well.[/QUOTE
    I agree with you..I really despised the way Dan Slott wrote Felicia ( Slott was even worse on.Ms. Hardy then he was on MJ ( this is from someone who considers MJ Pete's true love and Felicia to be a catwoman ripoff)). I am happy to see Nick Spencer give Felicia a good sendoff as she heads to her new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    This is going to be an awesome story arc. I'm way more pumped for this than War of Realms even though I'm buying it and all the tie ins. Looking forward to seeing all of Spidey's villains. Kraven, Taskmaster and Black Ant are going to have to crawl down a dark hole after this is all said and done. They are making a lot of enemies.

Spencer did a nice job with Felicia. She's heartbroken after the fact. Looking forward to seeing her in her solo. This solo got her off to a great start. Very enjoyable issue.
    I remarked about that in another thread. they are going to get blacklisted. but Taskmaster was shown to be hanging out in Madripoor and Bagallia recently. i guess that makes sense. Helmut Zemo also sort of screwed over the villain community during Secret Empire. he had most of them in stasis. i do think that Felicia deserve a round two/a chance to kick their mercenary @**es.

i was pleasantly surprised by the art, as well. that Land cover kind of fooled me for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I remarked about that in another thread. they are going to get blacklisted. but Taskmaster was shown to be hanging out in Madripoor and Bagallia recently. i guess that makes sense. Helmut Zemo also sort of screwed over the villain community during Secret Empire. he had most of them in stasis. i do think that Felicia deserve a round two/a chance to kick their mercenary @**es.
    I think she's going to get more than a chance against those two. Peter and Felicia will take them down and probably save them from all the villains they captured. They better hope Peter and Felicia get to them before Connors does. It's bad enough to have heroes against you but the whole villain community? They might have not thought this through to much. It's suicide.

This issue was amazing. I love, love, LOVE the way Spencer writes Felicia. His take on her is perfection and I love how he is using continuity so well. Echoing Von's comments she feels like s true, rounded full character again. I just wish he was writing her solo as well because you know it would be great with him in charge.

I think she's going to get more than a chance against those two. Peter and Felicia will take them down and probably save them from all the villains they captured. They better hope Peter and Felicia get to them before Connors does. It's bad enough to have heroes against you but the whole villain community? They might have not thought this through to much. It's suicide.
    Black Ant's had some practice in returning from death. i'm not too worried. Taskmaster would probably just surrender to the feds, first.

Kraven, Taskmaster and Black Ant are going to have to crawl down a dark hole after this is all said and done. They are making a lot of enemies.
    I keep expecting Taskmaster to turn on Black Ant and hand him over to Kraven also, keeping all the money to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorDoom View Post
    I keep expecting Taskmaster to turn on Black Ant and hand him over to Kraven also, keeping all the money to himself.
    If Beetle counts, Black Ant probably should. But Maybe he doesn't count because his body is artificial.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-09-2019 at 01:01 PM.