Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    If Beetle counts, Black Ant probably should. But Maybe he doesn't count because his body is artificial.
    He should count. He is still wearing a "skin." If Beetle counts being an insect so should he. Taskmaster might just turn on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    He should count. He is still wearing a "skin." If Beetle counts being an insect so should he. Taskmaster might just turn on him.
    I'm expecting it. But I am also kind of expecting Eric to turn on Taskmaster. No honor among thieves. But the partnership has been lucrative for them both. Realistically, all he or most of the animal themed villains would have to do is remove their costumes and blend in with the hunters. Heck, Eric could just shrink and wait it out.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-09-2019 at 02:37 PM.

BANNED

Great issue. The most well written Black Cat in years. Art was killer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm expecting it. But I am also kind of expecting Eric to turn on Taskmaster. No honor among thieves. But the partnership has been lucrative for them both. Realistically, all he or most of the animal themed villains would have to do is remove their costumes and blend in with the hunters. Heck, Eric could just shrink and wait it out.
    I expect the villains to give the hunters hell. Should be a very enjoyable arc.

And Spencer does Felicia justice and why she is my second favorite spider love interest after MJ.
    Also like the explanation on where the Spider tracer came from as well as a reminder that Peter is not just a guy who throws around punches but also has a big brain as well.

I think mainly because of their portrayals in Cap & Secret Empire, Spencer has shown how much he loves them working together so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a falling out or betrayal regarding them.

I believe the reasoning they may go for with why Black Ant isn't involved in the hunt is because earlier they mentioned how the plan was just to capture any animal-related character they could find, but not specifically EVERY animal-related character. Also explains why there isn't any of the other animal-related heroes besides Spider-Man, they couldn't or didn't wanna try capturing them.

Another good issue, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Picked this up with the great job Nick Spencer's done in TASM so far and correcting Black Cat from Dan Slott. Not had the chance to read it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think mainly because of their portrayals in Cap & Secret Empire, Spencer has shown how much he loves them working together so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a falling out or betrayal regarding them.

I believe the reasoning they may go for with why Black Ant isn't involved in the hunt is because earlier they mentioned how the plan was just to capture any animal-related character they could find, but not specifically EVERY animal-related character. Also explains why there isn't any of the other animal-related heroes besides Spider-Man, they couldn't or didn't wanna try capturing them.
    If they debated on Hammerhead, doesn’t make sense. As Eric goes more with the animal theme than him. Also, they are only targeting villains, which makes sense. Obviously Kraven’s plan is to get Peter to kill him. Most totem villains are tied to spider-man. Plus even if Eric and Tasky can take down the likes of Wolverine and Black Panther they’d have the entire Avengers and X-men after them. Plus if any of the villains die, they’re just villains. Kraven might be a deranged lunatic, but he isn’t necessarily evil.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorDoom View Post
    If they debated on Hammerhead, doesn’t make sense. As Eric goes more with the animal theme than him. Also, they are only targeting villains, which makes sense. Obviously Kraven’s plan is to get Peter to kill him. Most totem villains are tied to spider-man. Plus even if Eric and Tasky can take down the likes of Wolverine and Black Panther they’d have the entire Avengers and X-men after them. Plus if any of the villains die, they’re just villains. Kraven might be a deranged lunatic, but he isn’t necessarily evil.
    There's more going on here. He disguised the civilian hunters for a reason. He can't really expect them to take down someone like Scorpion. I don't think that we will know Kraven's plan until much later in the story.

I'm also expecting Taskmaster and Black Ant to get a surprise visit from the centipedemon. "Eric" is technically returned from the dead under mysterious circumstances.