Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Young Justice #3 (Spoilers Ahead, you have been warned)

How are people not talking about this?

My boy Conner Kent is a dad now! and a husband.
    This is just insane stuff. I have no idea where Bendis is going, or whats going to happen between him and Cassie.

So how long until Conner's inexplicable new wife and son get written out? Although I think the wife has a higher chance then the kid.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So how long until Conner's inexplicable new wife and son get written out? Although I think the wife has a higher chance then the kid.
    Yeah, I’m thinking the wife goes before the kid will. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s gone by the end of the arc tbh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post

This is just insane stuff. I have no idea where Bendis is going, or whats going to happen between him and Cassie.
    I don't know what to make of this.The only thing I'm sure of is that Tim and Bart will be good godfathers for Kon's son. I just hope that nothing bad happens to the wife and kid.DC has an awful track record when it comes to the children of heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post

They are talking about it, only over on the Superman boards. I'm intrigued by the premise, so I'll follow this story as long as it lasts. I mean, we don't know much about the wife and kid (even names, I'm now realizing) but hey, they're part of the YJ family as far as I'm concerned.

First Jubilee over at Marvel and now Superboy here at DC. Some of my favorite '90s teen heroes are becoming parents now. I wonder if this is how the Teen Titans fans felt a number of years ago when all the originals except Nightwing were having kids.

BANNED

You think it may be some mean of controlling him? he seems quite docile, which is surprising considering his development in the same issue was that he wasnt going to follow the rules any longer.

This is a new direction for Conner. I don't know why people are so eager to have it written out. I'd be cool having him be apart of the team but also raising his family and getting his wife used to his world. We don't have many Superhero parents these days, what's so wrong about it? Is it Cassie? If that's so important the wife can die I guess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    This is a new direction for Conner. I don't know why people are so eager to have it written out. I'd be cool having him be apart of the team but also raising his family and getting his wife used to his world. We don't have many Superhero parents these days, what's so wrong about it? Is it Cassie? If that's so important the wife can die I guess.
    Not everyone's going to like every direction. And while there are more superhero parents than there once were across superhero comics, the grand majority of them seem to be over at Marvel. I kind of like the idea, but I'm a sucker for superhero families. Teenage superheroes tend to go through a few phases. There's the younger high school phase. The troubles of being young and all that (think '60s Teen Titans). Then there's the sort of young adult phase which is "We're grown-up now and can make the rules ourselves, so how do we do that?" phase (think New Teen Titans). I think the YJ crew might be entering into that second phase. Cassie's in college, Kon's a young husband and father, etc.

Cassie's kind of why I expect the wife to bite it at least.

But I dunno. Inexplicable families introduced out of the blue don't have the best record for sticking.

Always Rakzo

Well, at least we got some explanations and actual continuity (which is something that I seriously wasn't expecting considering Bendis' recent track record) but this still doesn't stop the issue from feeling decompressed as hell with very little plot progression.

Fantastic art. Still lacking in content but the content we got delivered a few answers. Baby steps I guess.

I do like it. But I don't expect it to last.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

But I dunno. Inexplicable families introduced out of the blue don't have the best record for sticking.
    If the wife and kid get written out/killed off I'm outtttttttttt.

Kon-El being an inapplicable dad/husband works so well.

Astonishing Member

Oh, geez, I hope they don't go down the Kon and Cassie route again. It seemed like it would be fun back in the PAD series, but the whole thing got kind of tedious in the series that followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon
    Kon-El being an inapplicable dad/husband works so well.
    The Kid who never had parents now is one.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, pretty much. I hate how predictable it is, really

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm not too worried about the future fate of characters that have just been introduced. I understand wives & kids don't exactly have the best track record in superhero comics, but I'm optimistic that most creators have learned from the missteps of the past. The S stands for hope, after all.