Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Are you telling me Clark Kent is a grandfather now?
    No way DC is gonna be okay with that.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

A whole issue where basically nothing happens, just to have a "shock reveal" in the end ....

Kon93

SB should get his own series if they are gonna keep this going longer than this arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    A whole issue where basically nothing happens, just to have a "shock reveal" in the end ....
    We actually learn a few things. Star labs is behind the problems in the gem world. They have 7 gems doing something that creates a portal to the gemworld and im guessing it has some relation with the 7 crisis.
    We learn that YJ got captured, that the cells they are in are very hard to escape from because they actually make you dumber and take your powers.

I do think the book was too short tho, like 20? pages, thats too small.

Incredible Member

Actually it was 23 pgs. Bendis just really loves double spread pages. The last one with the team fighting Opal wasn’t necessary tbh. They could’ve made it small.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The first few pages of Bart/Connor dialogue were fantastic. I had a big smile when reading that.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I'm down for Superboy having a kid. He needs to walk away from just being the Clone of Superman. Jon is back from Space, he is going to call himself Superboy. I think its time For Conner to forge his own identity. Having a kid already might keep it going. His powers were different from Superman to begin with, Plus if Lex finds out he has a grand kid, that opens the door to a much better story. If that kid has powers too, Lex would see the kid as the next tool in his war with Superman.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    I'm down for Superboy having a kid. He needs to walk away from just being the Clone of Superman. Jon is back from Space, he is going to call himself Superboy. I think its time For Conner to forge his own identity. Having a kid already might keep it going. His powers were different from Superman to begin with, Plus if Lex finds out he has a grand kid, that opens the door to a much better story. If that kid has powers too, Lex would see the kid as the next tool in his war with Superman.

Even though I don't think this will last, that all imo sounds like fun stuff I would read.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Pace is too slow and I'm still hooked only for the love I have for these characters.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Pace is too slow and I'm still hooked only for the love I have for these characters.

The pace is mind-numbing for sure, and reading comics solely on love of characters is the only reason I read them.

Incredible Member

I've just read this and personally I don't have a problem with the pace, the Connor/Bart pages at the start were excellent and I appreciate learning a little more about where Connor has been (this is actually the first confirmation we have that he lived in SMALLVILLE though, it will be interesting to see how Clark reacts when he remembers that).

As to Connor having a kid, like so many others I suspect it may not be a situation that lasts (I can see the arc ending with Connor being cut off from his wife and kid) but I actually think it has potential and develops Connor/Kon in an unexpected way.

It has third issue syndrome certainly but many arcs sufer from that (I just hope the pace picks up next issue)

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I've just read this and personally I don't have a problem with the pace, the Connor/Bart pages at the start were excellent and I appreciate learning a little more about where Connor has been (this is actually the first confirmation we have that he lived in SMALLVILLE though, it will be interesting to see how Clark reacts when he remembers that).

As to Connor having a kid, like so many others I suspect it may not be a situation that lasts (I can see the arc ending with Connor being cut off from his wife and kid) but I actually think it has potential and develops Connor/Kon in an unexpected way.

It has third issue syndrome certainly but many arcs sufer from that (I just hope the pace picks up next issue)

I think all bendis's books should be twice a month, because he is a slow pace writer, so the double shipping would feel like normal pace, and I bet more ppl would like his writing.

This! Agree.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

I still think this should've been a bi-weekly book with Patrick Gleason and Emanuela Lupacchino on art duties.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I think all bendis's books should be twice a month, because he is a slow pace writer, so the double shipping would feel like normal pace, and I bet more ppl would like his writing.
    That wouldn't work for ACTION COMICS but I know why some people might feel that way about YOUNG JUSTICE. Personally I had no problem with the pace of the first two issues though and the third was slower but tolerable.