Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Uncanny X-Men #13 Spoilers/Review

Everybody is back in their old school 90s uniforms.

Magik teleported the team to a working lab of the Dark Beast where they found and fought a lot of half-human half-robot creatures.

Dani was seen holding her psychic bow but we don't know what effects her bow has on its victims.

Havok unknowingly blasted a Jamie dupe. Jamie prime appeared soon after explaining how Dark Beast captured some of his dupes and made them into these half-robot creatures.

Jamie asked for a psychic to read the dying dupe mind to find the location of Dark Beast and the writer and everyone forgot that Karma is a psychic.

Later, the team battled Dark Beast and found he has been enhanced with a technology half-body courtesy of Mr Sinister.

Everyone can't seem to beat Dark Beast, Karma can't get a psychic hold on (possess) him because he's got psychic shield (which is lame) so that Magik can become the hero and saves the day through teleporting her sword piercing through his chest.

Dark Beast is held prisoner and chained up in basement.

They watched the news which mistaken Mutant Liberation Front who were attacking some facilities producing the Anti-Mutant vaccine as the X-Men.

It seems that Hope and Banshee is part of that MLF team in the final panel.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 03-06-2019 at 08:11 PM.

BANNED

Default Uncanny X-Men #13 Spoilers/Review

Because no one else bothered, even though probably most of the opinions were voiced in the preview thread. On to it.

We start with the preview pages and the team goes after Dark Beast in Long Island. They fight a bunch of robots and one of them is a Madrox dupe. Real Jamie shows up, because he was also tracking McCoy and absorbs the dying dupe to get information.

The team finds Dark Beast and we're told the means of his resurrection (which happened in Secret Warriors, also by Rosenberg, in case y'all are curious), through Sinister, and that now he's part machine. He's captured after a long fight and the team takes him to Harry's basement.

Later that night, Alex wakes Scott to talk about the current situation and how he won't allow Scott to turn the X-Men back into what they were at "the end". The team then watches the news, where the MLF are mistaken for the X-Men in one of their raids on the vaccine labs. Hope and Banshee are part of the MLF now.

------------------- The bias starts from here -------------------------

Overall, it's a good issue, but doesn't go much beyond that. Larroca's art is ok at some points and particularly weak on others. Most of the characterizations range from irrelevant to fine. The main problem seems to be how things are conveyed to readers. I understand the appeal of boyscout Cyclops and maybe the character needs that, after everything he went through. I do like it. It becomes bad when it's conveyed through clichés like "we have to be better than him", or Alex saying he won't let Scott turn the X-Men into what they became at "the end".

The Alex page at the end is another thing. It's a bit hard to take the "don't call me the M-word" fellow seriously when he talks about Scott turning the X-Men into something bad again. We know the demonization of Cyclops from Morrison to Bendis is a recurring theme among certain writers and you-know-who fans and he should redeem from being created by Kirby. This is the third issue on a row where we're told how much Scott sucked ass, even though in a more subtle way. And it's so vague that it's almost like they don't want to actually confront the evil of Cyclops and just make meaningless statements here and there whenever they can. It comes off as cheap and artificial.

It's a 7/10, overall for me, but it could be better. I'm not in the mood to actually get mad at this stuff, just giving a superficial analysis for now.

I liked the issue overall. I kinda know where this is going but I'm enjoying the ride right now. I agree about Alex. Literally groaned during his speech towards the end. Scott is interesting right now. He's pretty assertive and clearly well-equipped to lead and I'm glad his list isn't a kill list but the knocks on Rightclops are frustrating. For now, I'm ok with it because I was scared he'd be like Tyke who had leadership skill whatsoever whereas skill wise, this Scott is on top of his game.

I like the team we got right now other than Havok lol. If we could switch him out with Roberto, that would be a team I would love to see continue past this run.

BANNED

Thanks to the moderator for merging the two threads.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 03-07-2019 at 03:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I liked the issue overall. I kinda know where this is going but I'm enjoying the ride right now. I agree about Alex. Literally groaned during his speech towards the end. Scott is interesting right now. He's pretty assertive and clearly well-equipped to lead and I'm glad his list isn't a kill list but the knocks on Rightclops are frustrating. For now, I'm ok with it because I was scared he'd be like Tyke who had leadership skill whatsoever whereas skill wise, this Scott is on top of his game.

I like the team we got right now other than Havok lol. If we could switch him out with Roberto, that would be a team I would love to see continue past this run.
    Yeah, Scott is being all business and smooth as hell. The fact that he's doing so well makes me honestly happy. The knocks on the whole post-Morrison time would make sense if there was some substance, but they're so aimless put there that it doesn't sound like self-critique from Scott and more the creators wanking their stance on him.

I think it's kind of needless to say how much I agree with the last part, looking at my avatar. I honestly really need a title where Scott and Roberto take charge of stuff, for the sake of my sanity. There's a lot to be explored with their individual histories and endless possibilities for future storylines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

The Alex page at the end is another thing. It's a bit hard to take the "don't call me the M-word" fellow seriously when he talks about Scott turning the X-Men into something bad again. We know the demonization of Cyclops from Morrison to Bendis is a recurring theme among certain writers and you-know-who fans and he should redeem from being created by Kirby. This is the third issue on a row where we're told how much Scott sucked ass, even though in a more subtle way. And it's so vague that it's almost like they don't want to actually confront the evil of Cyclops and just make meaningless statements here and there whenever they can. It comes off as cheap and artificial.
    The X officer doesn't know what Cyke did so evil.

7/10 for me, good read. Some awkward art at times (and one typo) but decent.

Obviously, I don't like Alex's dig at Scott even if I acknowledge it was comparatively innocuous. I don't think Scott's fans are blowing the situation out of proportion when we criticize Marvel's seeming commitment to a bogus narrative that directly contradicts their own continuity. Alex's comment makes no sense regardless of what time period he's referring to; if he means the end of the X-Men, Scott wasn't around for that, and if he means post-Secret Wars, Scott was virtually the least villainous character from that mess.

It seems that Marvel is going to pursue a wishy-washy tactic where they don't directly point to something Scott did and say he was wrong but rather make vague and generic accusations. I can't tell if they're trying to cover their bases and please as many fans as possible or if this is their poor attempt at muddling through without acknowledging that they were wrong with the narratives that they pushed.

BANNED

The fun thing is that Havok and Cyclops reconciled at the end of Bendis' run and Havok came up with the Washington DC rally.

Of course, Rosenberg and continuity....

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It seems that Marvel is going to pursue a wishy-washy tactic where they don't directly point to something Scott did and say he was wrong but rather make vague and generic accusations. I can't tell if they're trying to cover their bases and please as many fans as possible or if this is their poor attempt at muddling through without acknowledging that they were wrong with the narratives that they pushed.
    Yes, thank you. It's like the whole "Cyclops is Hitler!" BS. Editorial were all very determined to convince us that Cyke did something SO wrong and terribad, but when pressed for actual deeds, the very best that could come up with was that the Inhumans had a better PR team. Like, seriously? Stop blowing smoke and just admit there was an 11th hour rewrite in there somewhere.

I wonder why the MLF are being vilified here. nvm that’s a dumb question because I just thought: “wow, this is exactly something Utopia!Scott’s X-Force would’ve done.” and I forgot we are still on the “f*ck comrade Summers” train. But since we had Armor and Glob sympathizing with them in Disassembled, maybe they won’t be villainized for literally stopping mandatory mutant vaccines.

As a Cyclops fan, I don't care about the accuations his is facing from Madrox, Chamber and now Alex.
    Actually I think it's pretty cool see Scott being discredited but at the same time being the only hope all mutantkind has.
    It's something he's dealed since day 1 as a mutant and an X-men. And what makes him different from leaders like Captain America, who is loved by the people he fights for.
    Besides that, Scott and Logan interactions are SO GOOD. Rosenberg is killing when writing these two together.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Pretty great issue, I liked how scruffy Scott was and how his eyes were drawn. Not sure about the whole not killing thing but then even before his death it’s not like he was going around and killing people. I loved Wolverine’s what? When they ask if he was on board. I kind of get it though he’s fallen neatly into that second in command role and they didn’t hear him say he’s got to watch out for his ‘boy scout.’ In a way Cyke is playing a good strategy since it’s now the more classic hero Xmen that are missing now. Also some of his actions have been pretty un Boy Scout like so I’m I have hope they will let him stay the shades of grey kind of guy.

As for Havok though my issue is that he doesn’t make sense.
    9E2C8889-9C5B-4CB9-864A-B672192ADE97.jpg

First he’s like you need to kill the bad guys.

F8ACFEFA-3D94-423F-AAA4-C88B49E322B7.jpg

And then he’s all like I won’t let you go down that dark path...like make up your mind Havok.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The fun thing is that Havok and Cyclops reconciled at the end of Bendis' run and Havok came up with the Washington DC rally.

Of course, Rosenberg and continuity....
    That was post-Axis Inverted-Havok.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    The X officer doesn't know what Cyke did so evil.
    Clearly, the X-Office weren't there during DoX. Then again, the other mutants were there and they were still convinced Cyke was Hitler.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Extraordinary Member

I think Alex is trying to remind Scott that while they really shouldn't murder Dark Beast, what else can they do with him?

I mean, no, seriously, there's really nothing else you can do with him.