Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    Sorry, this is bullcrap. Bendis has been far from the only Grrrclops writer, and he wasn't even the worst until recently. Aaron is still the kind of the idiot-schism fights. And yes, he kind of resolved it, but that's because he left the book, we have know way of knowing what would have happened if he had stayed. From what I understand, Bendis has gone on record saying he's not a massive fan of the Schism, but it is what it is. And it's certainly not out of line with the general schism thing, so until it changes it is what it is.

Although the Beast tyrade was pretty terrible, just so much hate.
    Your entire post is bullcrap/ridiculous. I'm pretty sure someone can make a collage at this point showing the JGS going "grrrclops" (representation mind you) under BMB pen.

You can keep posting away advocating your point (whatever that is) I'm not going waste time with you.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Woah, woah, woah.

Are we seriously pretending Bendis scripted his material after Pak, lol?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Really it's editors should catch things like this.
    You wouldn't expect them to catch everything, but it does seem to happen a lot more than seems acceptable.
    Considering that the fact that the characters all live in a shared universe is such a big concept for Marvel books you'd think they'd watch out for this stuff.
    Either they don't care enough to do anything about it, it'd cost too much to fix once it's discovered or they just don't see it.
    If it's the last one they should send rough draft digital copies out to some uber fans like beta testers.
    Then the fans can then come back to them with their observations.
    Free editing for Marvel and happier uber fans, I see no problems with
    I blame both as since this should've been nipped in the bud. Some form of communication/cordination has to take place.

Edit: the issues in the wolverine happend months in advance of th UXM OS tie-ins. You can consider the wolverine solo happening after OS but that's a HUGE stretch, there's elements in it that go against what's being presented now currently in UXM.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 07-31-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I blame both as since this should've been nipped in the bud. Some form of communication/cordination has to take place.
    They should have a Marvel writers database at this point.
    Characters histories, current stories, approved scripts and more could go up on it.
    Plus the writers should be able to contact each other through some sort of web system.
    That still might not stop all the mistakes, but it could stop some of them.

Of course that's assuming they actually care about catching these things.
    Most readers just ignore this stuff and carry on regardless, so is putting too much time an effort in to preventing inconsistencies such as these worth Marvel's effort?
    I don't even think you can get No-prizes anymore.

Anyway, this is a tad off topic.
    Back to Xavier's dark secrets and Emma's laughing fit.
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 07-31-2014 at 07:33 AM.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oooooh what I would've given to see Emma or Illyana dismiss Firestar from being in the room.

Angelica: Miss Frost.
    Emma: Miss Jones -- Reeeally. Young Warrior Avenging lose its luster? Is this absolutely the most appropriate place for you to be, right this second?
    Angelica: I'm an X-Man, now ---
    Illyana: Please. You're a walking easy bake oven pretending to be a substitute teacher-- who shouldn't be here. This is a private matter.
    Angelica: A walking easy bake -- ?? Listen, Emma Junior --
    Illyana: <rolls her eyes and waves a hand, porting Firestar to the south lawn>
    Emma: Thank you, Illyana.
    Illyana: My pleasure
    YES! I'm only laughing because it's true. I can't believe she came on stage with Kurt of all people!? Poor Nightcrawler, I see him having a serious moment...alone in JGS, bunch of conflicting emotions...torn and half wanting to just make a break far away from the whole mess...just beginning to chart a course in his mind to England back to Meggan and Brian when his door opens...Sharkgirl and Eye Boy...'are you okay' - scheisse
    then behind them in walks Angelica
    scheisse
    "Umm, I was feeling really weird about going to this whole party alone and I thought since you're really nice and know everybody that you'd come with me"
    scheisse
    No wonder he makes a B-line for She-Hulk...kissing her hand and whispering, please help me (a classic escape)

With this newest twist on his family lineage...Kurt's completely justified in finally loosing his cool.
    Pointing right through the panel with that 'never really lost my cool before' trembling rage/hurt and saying...'nope, I'm not taking this one, nope this Hell isn't because of MY sins...is this some sort of Faustian joke? Yea, ha ha - so I never really left the circus...I get it...cool, very 'profound' - now just get on with it...shave my hair, give me an upside down cross tattoo on my chest...have my eyes go red and all that - whatever, yea...sure, horns too..."
    Last edited by sungila; 07-31-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Fantastic Member

Your entire post is bullcrap/ridiculous. I'm pretty sure someone can make a collage at this point showing the JGS going "grrrclops" (representation mind you) under BMB pen.

You can keep posting away advocating your point (whatever that is) I'm not going waste time with you.
    You... can't read, can you?

I never once said that Bendis did not write grrclops stuff, I said that he did not create schism, he has said he does not like schism, and he is not the only writer who has perpetuated schism. But it is the law of the land and he writes it. But that seems to have gone over you head.

I'm sorry for confusing you, but I'm not really interested in attempting to lower my conversation level down to the "Grrndis" that you seem to exclusively speak, so I'm just gonna go. Best of luck with that.

BANNED

Edit: the issues in the wolverine happend months in advance of th UXM OS tie-ins. You can consider the wolverine solo happening after OS but that's a HUGE stretch, there's elements in it that go against what's being presented now currently in UXM.
    This is precisely why I HATE the idea of a dozen books each set in a different unknown timeframe in relation to one another. It's confusing to the reader keeping track of what events take place when, and it's just BEGGING for continuity gaffes if editorial isn't on the ball keeping it all straight.

The fact that some of these books (WatM, UA, ANXM, etc.) deal with jumping back-and-forth between the present and future or outright alternate futures altogether just makes it worse.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-31-2014 at 07:56 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Compared to some of the other crap that Xavier's pulled over the years, no not really.
    Yes, really. It's utterly stupid.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    I just re-read that issue lol. That kept getting brought up throughout the 90's as more and more shitty things kept happening to Colossus. I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier wanted to distance Peter as much as possible from all the drama of the X-men(maybe by excluding him from the will).
    Yeah of all the X-Men I feel sorry for Piotr the most. Little sister sent to hell, thought his brother was dead, found out brother didn't die, but now brother is crazy and than kills himself, brother isn't dead again comes back to be killed by Apocalypse, brother isn't dead after all, and comes back again to trap himself into a dimension where he can't die or age, father and mother get killed, and his little sister gets sent to hell, aged, de-aged than killed by the Legacy virus, than comes back again and now he realizes she is a evil weenie and now hates her.

Colossus has said multiple times that joining the X-Men was the biggest mistake of his life. Also wow Xavier leaving the X-Men to deal with a big bad mutant after his death, I knew Xavier was a coward but that is low even for him.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 07-31-2014 at 08:15 AM.

To be fair, we don't know the circumstances of this alleged union or whether it even legitimately happened. Someone pointed out that detail that Xavier is chair-bound. Might be significant.

I'm sure that if we had message boards back in the day, we'd hear all kinds of "This writer is a HACK" over stuff that we most certainly accept and praise today: Storm's mohawk, Rogue's membership, Kitty's "marriage" to Caliban, any and all resurrections and deaths, Longshot's sex appeal, etc etc.

To be fair, we don't know the circumstances of this alleged union or whether it even legitimately happened. Someone pointed out that detail that Xavier is chair-bound. Might be significant.

I'm sure that if we had message boards back in the day, we'd hear all kinds of "This writer is a HACK" over stuff that we most certainly accept and praise today: Storm's mohawk, Rogue's membership, Kitty's "marriage" to Caliban, any and all resurrections and deaths, Longshot's sex appeal, etc etc.
    So very very true.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

BANNED

I'm still mad over Rogue's membership.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Highly arousing is the thought of Charles and Raven consorting about like randy possums in a mating cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    Actually, I'm with Bendis on this one. Having Scott's school be unknown to everyone was his plot thread, and it was his plot to break. For another writer to just break a MAJOR element of the overarching X-story for no real reason to me is a fairly giant dick move. Obviously writers have to work together vis a vis each other, but you don't go and break someone else's major elements unless it's some sort of crossover or whatnot. It's just really bad form.

That'd be like Bendis revealing who Shogo's dad was in a book six months ago. So shame on Cornell (he's writing Wolverine, right?)
    It probably has something to do with the somewhat quick defection of Kitty. His story may have been planned while Kitty was still at JGS, and when she was quickly taken away, he probably had scramble a bit. But hey, at least he worked it into his story, rather than simply pretending that what happens in other books didn't happen. Bendis very easily could've had Beast be the one that didn't know where Cyclops was, and being shocked that Wolverine and Storm knew.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Highly arousing is the thought of Charles and Raven consorting about like randy possums in a mating cycle.
    You think Raven shapeshifted into Moira when they engaged in communion? Or maybe Voight? Why am I even thinking about this, I am blaming you Pix_Sol.

You think Raven even shifted into the form of Jean Grey....

I hate you.