Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    Bachalo is messy, sometimes to the point of being unfollowable, but I think he still carries a lot of good will from his earlier work where he proved that he can draw when he wants to. Early Bachalo, when he was more in the style of Bill Sienkiewicz or Sam Kieth than Joe Madureira, was really good.
    He as a little better in his earlier work, but still I didn't liked, in Gen X I always had to look twice or read the balloons to identify Emma or Paige and the action scenes were very messy just like his current works.

But I get your point on why you don't like Anka's art at the end of the days art it always depend a little on individual taste and I'm just so glad when isn't Bachalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    What I can't figured out is who these comics are aimed at? Who's that target audience here. It's not classic X readers (the negative reaction on this thread is evidence of that). So is the target audience DOFP film fans? Ultimate Universe lovers? Readers new to the franchise?
    I gues you have can't speak for classic X-men readers, I been reading and a fan since they started and Bendis is doing very good work.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Hey, now, no bad mouthing Shulkie. She's great!
    Shulkie is love, Shulkie is life

Notice: Not to be confused for Shrek is love, Shrek is life.
    I was a faithful reader until the CW, I ws just wondering if she got the license back or Bendis forgot she lost it.

Not since grant Morrison has the x-men have changed under bendis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    Yeah, but I understand why, if you weren't a comic book fan and you just happened upon one of his books, Land's art would look nice. I have never bought anything with Land's art in it, as I find his drawings/tracings creepy; his figures look static and their facial expressions bear no relevance to their dialogue or what's meant to be happening, but they're not technically bad drawings, taken in isolation.

Bachalo is messy, sometimes to the point of being unfollowable, but I think he still carries a lot of good will from his earlier work where he proved that he can draw when he wants to. Early Bachalo, when he was more in the style of Bill Sienkiewicz or Sam Kieth than Joe Madureira, was really good.

I just find Anka completely slapdash. He rarely draws backgrounds. He doesn't draw faces when he can get away with it. He's got that annoying "mouth turned down at the corners" face that everybody pulls at least once per page. I get the impression from Anka that he's quickly storybording as a camera guide rather than producing finished art for an A-list comic book. I don't know what his background is, but I wouldn't be surprised if he'd done commercial storyboarding or something and transferred to comics.
    He was a prop and figurine designer. He didn't have any comic book background at all until very recently.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=49575

Well...

Issue highlights:
    >Mystique owns at least half the school, I think.
    >Emma's laughter. She's clearly the reader stand-in for a premise that is so ridiculous, one can only laugh lest one weep.
    >Magik's recon mission to the JGS. Nobody needs to tell her what to do! Love her!
    >The O5 are excluded. Really? They should be there to see Xavier for the true ******* he is/was. They can't go but Firestar FIRESTAR!!!!! gets to sit in on the reading.
    >Maria Hill remains a complete idiot.
    >Oh, the art is pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I love how they let in tenuous x-men like Dazzler and Firestar into the will reading. All they needed was Forbush Man and maybe a few Morlocks hanging out in the back of the panel.
    Why would they keep anyone out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Why would they keep anyone out?
    well this is a private matter. they should be respectful and wait outside.

The Hulks and Charles Xavier's secrets are making the whole Original Sin a major Event. I thought this would just be a a few simple secrets, and there would be a fight and it's all over. Nah, uh uh. Mystique of all people? Sure, I can see Mystique changing into Jean Grey at bed time every time Charles needs some lovin'. What? Eh?

mystique was probably moira this whole damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Now this was more like it. They're not even a paragraph in Xavier's will throws a curve ball. And this one final mission from Xavier looks to be a classic X-Men formula of go find a new mutant, the likes of which no X-Book has done in a looong time.
    It couldn't be Mathew Malloy could it? Maybe Xavier has been mind wiping this guy for the last 14 years and since Xavier's death, that block has been lifted and now he's the X-Men's problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    Compared to previously dredged up/retconned atrocities like with Danger and Deadly Genesis, this isn't all that damning (I suppose it helps a similar relationship having existed in the past was in Ultimate) and has interesting implications for future interactions. I approve. I also enjoy how the Uncanny team is collectively sassy about things.
    Mystique walks into the doors of JGS and Dazzlers takes her head off with the first strike. Lucky the kids weren't allowed to come from Weapon X complex, or Dazzler would have freaked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Not since grant Morrison has the x-men have changed under bendis
    That's a pretty apt comparison (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It couldn't be Mathew Malloy could it? Maybe Xavier has been mind wiping this guy for the last 14 years and since Xavier's death, that block has been lifted and now he's the X-Men's problem?
    This. Seems like a situation Charles should have let the other high order telepaths [Emma, Psylocke, Rachel] know about, though.

I wonder if Wolverine [or Cyclops ] will have to put the poor guy down. With the way his luck's been going, Scott will optic blast him quickly and cleanly... only to have the JGS puritans hate him more.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    other than the reveal about raven being hilarious.

xavier's words at the end were ominous. about how he has a secret about what they really are...
    That isn't mentioned in this book. It's, "what you now need to do is my darkest secret".