Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Well Wolverine married Viper...but he didn't put her in his will!

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    True but I would not use Wolverine as a good example. As he too slept with Mystique and had a son with her as well.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Seems a little bullshitty that forgetmenot isn't mentioned in the will.
    Or Tessa. In fact, the whole slapdash, rushed tone of the will leads me to believe it was drafted midcoitus.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

well at least the X-men were acting like an actual family again this issue. Dysfunctional, but still a geedee family.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Lol this pacing. By the end of the next issue they'll probably still be in that office going through the will followed by a full issue of them bickering over useless things. This issue was worth it for that one mutant procreation line though that was funny. Oh and for seeing Dazzler cosplay as Tank Girl.
    Tank Girl cosplay redesign would have been a massive step up from what we got. Tank Girl had flair, and Dazzler possess a lot of similar characteristics of a Jamie Hewlett protagonist anyhow. Anka should have gone full retard and made her look like Eris from the new WW book or something a little less...flat. Here's hoping she rotates her outfits out nearly every issue the way Alison Blaire usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePriest View Post
    The only person who will take this as something other than super skeevy: Bobby and Logan, or funny, everyone else once they think about it will be Dazzler.

I wonder how she'll feel about Xavier now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well she spent a year killing Xaviers so she's probably glad he's not around for her to kill again.
    I really hope that there's a reveal that X-treme X-men was actually an advanced training scenario created by Xavier specifically for Dazzler because he wanted her to be the X-man to take him out as a failsafe if he got all Onslaught again.

And it's kind of bull that Psylocke and Northstar werent there and Firestar was. How was it ok for the Amazing and JGSHL cast to be there and not the adjectiveless cast? It would have reunited Dazzler with Northstar but i guess he was too busy pnp'ing MGH with Kyle to make it to the reading.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    I just don't get why Dazzler thought she was invited to the reading of the will. Did Xavier ever say a word to her?
    The man hand made her original X-men uniform with recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I think they met exactly once during her first appearance. I'm surprised Dazzler even remembers him and gives a crumpet. She used to have a part-time job killing alternate Xaviers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    Here's the actual letter:

Attachment 7107

Just shows that even the classics have their critics.
    it's even better that it's baby KURT BUSEIK of all speople calling Claremont out. He just got bumped up a couple pegs in my esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    well at least the X-men were acting like an actual family again this issue. Dysfunctional, but still a geedee family.

Tank Girl cosplay redesign would have been a massive step up from what we got. Tank Girl had flair, and Dazzler possess a lot of similar characteristics of a Jamie Hewlett protagonist anyhow. Anka should have gone full retard and made her look like Eris from the new WW book or something a little less...flat. Here's hoping she rotates her outfits out nearly every issue the way Alison Blaire usually does.

I really hope that there's a reveal that X-treme X-men was actually an advanced training scenario created by Xavier specifically for Dazzler because he wanted her to be the X-man to take him out as a failsafe if he got all Onslaught again.

And it's kind of bull that Psylocke and Northstar werent there and Firestar was. How was it ok for the Amazing and JGSHL cast to be there and not the adjectiveless cast? It would have reunited Dazzler with Northstar but i guess he was too busy pnp'ing MGH with Kyle to make it to the reading.

The man hand made her original X-men uniform with recording.
    Tank Girl rocked tall boots. ergo, Tank Girl is boss.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    well this is a private matter. they should be respectful and wait outside.
    tbh, Dazzler is way more of an X-man than Magik as far as the Xavier philosophy goes and sheer tenure as well. she should be there.

well this is a private matter. they should be respectful and wait outside.
    I ben to a few will readings myself,Both parents, and varous others. They are normally not all that private unless there are instructions to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    In all honesty, and not trying to be contrary, I genuinely think Anka's is the worst art ever to have appeared in an X-Book. And I'm including Jon Bogdanove's legendary X-Factor issues in that.

I'm really struggling to understand what people are seeing in it that I'm not.
    Its not just you,to many times i saw an X where a background characters face should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    What a jerk!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Maybe you should go back to reading the phoenix saga because it doesn't sound like you read it very carefully ...
    How so? The X-Men all continued to love and support Jean while not condoning her actions as Dark Phoenix. They thought she'd been possessed by a cosmic force and therefore she wasn't responsible for her actions at the time. Temporary insanity basically.

It's since been retconned that the real Jean was snoozing at the bottom of the bay and it was the Phoenix itself that did all the killing - but they didn't know that at the time. They all charged into battle with the Imperial Guard to protect Jean and prevent her from being held responsible for the killings she perpetrated when she was 'possessed' by by the Phoenix. They did each have a quiet moment to themselves where they worked through their feelings and reservations about Jean and her actions but when the time came they stood by their friend in the end.

Now in the present, they are uncharacteristically holding Scott completely responsible for the crimes he committed when he was possessed by the Phoenix force. It's such a blatant double-standard. For some reason he's not given any benefit of the doubt for not being in his right mind at the time - whereas Jean was accepted back into the arms of her friends as soon as the Phoenix force left her.

And they're all being such incredible jerks about Scott too. I just wish there was some nuance, a moment when some of them reflect on how much they once cared about Scott, on the long years in which he was a comrade and friend, maybe show some compassion for the man instead of constantly acting like he's Hitler in red goggles.

I understand the Schism is completely plot-driven - and I do like the set-up and the situations and complications it creates - but today's crop of writers can't seem to provide any shades of grey for the X-Men in this situation. They all hate Scott now - for some reason - and will continue to do so I suppose until editorially-mandated otherwise. Unfortunately, it does make them all rather come across as melodramatic hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    I have to laugh at this; she's an international terrorist and wanted criminal.

Provided this is not a hoax, what legal authority is going to enforce her claim. If anything, they may recognize it long enough to freeze all assets upon her arrest if there is no legal provision to protect the estate or bequeath it to another. Shoot, she doesn't even have to be captured for the government to freeze the money flow and seize the property if they suspect it facilitating terrorist activity or other federal crimes.

I don't know what to make of this marriage reveal. This plot right now has a high risk of ending stupidly.
    This!!

Also when was this supposed to have taken place? I thought he was 'techniquely married' to Lilandra for most of the years.. then presumed dead for some of it... And doesn't she have a string of husbands wandering around? Any still alive?

Not much about this seems 'legally viable' in any stretch of the word...

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post

Well if she is the so called Mother of the X-men. She does have a strange twisted screwed up way of showing it imo. Nothing she has done besides cure Rogue mind has really been that beneificial to the X-men imo. Not unless Marvel plans to redeem Mystique. If she is the X-men mother then it's a mother they can do without.

I also agree that a Mystique type Schism event would be a good thing imo. Except it has to be more than just Mystique trolling the X-men. It means nothing at all if the character ends up being nothing but a socipathic psycho clown with no motivation throughout the event. Still until we see more of the story all we can do is guess.
    It does make for some interesting secret history (Mystique wife of Charles). It could mean Mystique has been waging a secret war against Charles on the X-Men because she is defying Charles? Just like Fury has been waging a secret war against anything the heroes can't address.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    That would explain why his mutant power (I think it's pretty safe to say he's a mutant) manifested so late - it had manifested long ago and was being repressed. It also explains why he figured the X-Men wouldn't have to deal with him until after his passing.

But what does the Skrull attack that killed his wife have to do with it? If that was the catalyst for his kaboomination then that's still pretty old for a mutant.
    Wasn't Charles supposed to be dead around Secret Invasion, so that might have been one time Mathew was let off the chain? But then, why wasn't Charles' will read back then?

mystique was probably moira this whole damn time.
    Thats one of my thoerys I post it awhile back

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It couldn't be Mathew Malloy could it? Maybe Xavier has been mind wiping this guy for the last 14 years and since Xavier's death, that block has been lifted and now he's the X-Men's problem?
    Who is this????

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post
    I disagree. Bendis is worse than Austen...at least Austen had some creative moments...

Bendis run so far feels like as if he writes the plot a day before release..."mmmm, what silly pointless thing will happen today in the X-Men universe?"

I want Grant Morrison back. Someone who know how to structure a whole run.

This weeks X-Men comics have been a joke: X-Men & Uncanny X-Men are such a waste of time and money...

At least Bendis got me excited what the revelation could be...but this revelation is just dumb. I stopped reading All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men before and will cancel them again.

Sorry, but Bendis truely is a horribly untalented writer!
    At least he is better than Remender.