Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 616 Lizard vs Gorilla Grodd(s)

Strictly physical fight, no mental powers for either.
    How does Lizard fare against:

1. Comic Grodd.
    2. CW Grodd
    3. Animated Grodd (Justice League/JLU version.)
    Last edited by Menace of Mysterio; 03-08-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Lizard takes 2 and 3 I think?

Comic Grodd is a physical powerhouse beyond anything Lizard has done however. At least he was Post Crisis
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

CW Grodd did outright catch Barry's punch. It was idiotic, and completely unnecessary for the purposes of the scene, but that gorilla seems to have super speed.

Stupid show is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    CW Grodd did outright catch Barry's punch. It was idiotic, and completely unnecessary for the purposes of the scene, but that gorilla seems to have super speed.

Stupid show is stupid.
    Given the speed Grodd otherwise performs at across multiple shows and even in the Flash, I'm pretty comfortable chalking that up to the hilarious even for a comics based setting levels of PIS the Flash operates under.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Comic Grodd is a physical powerhouse beyond anything Lizard has done however. At least he was Post Crisis
    I'm reminded of the time Wally basically carried him over a few state lines by punching him thousands of times, and Grodd...kind of ate it and kept on trucking, as I recall.

Then there was the time when he chucked a car through an apartment building. Upward. Like a bullet. It was still going in a straight line when it exited the roof.

The Lizard is faster, but I figure Grodd can eat damage until the Lizard tires (as long as he protects his eyes and throat).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Given the speed Grodd otherwise performs at across multiple shows and even in the Flash, I'm pretty comfortable chalking that up to the hilarious even for a comics based setting levels of PIS the Flash operates under.
    Word. I stopped watching the CW verse a while back so I haven't seen any further Grodd appearances.

But yeah, comic Grodd is hella tough.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

No mental powers for Grodd, but what about Lizard's mental powers? Does he still cause people to turn into lizard people who I believe that he had control over, just by being near him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    No mental powers for Grodd, but what about Lizard's mental powers? Does he still cause people to turn into lizard people who I believe that he had control over, just by being near him?
    I should have specified in the OP, but no mental powers for either combatant.
    Changed OP for clarification.

BANNED

so it comes to a physical contest and that means the heavier Grodd even if he hadn't feats of tanking the flash's super speed attacks has the size advantage not to mention a "few" pounds on him. on the other hand the lizard does have a speed advantage and could try to impair him by ripping out his eyes or something similar while keeping out of his reach when attacking but a blood lusted lizard is sadly no tactical fighter whereas Grodd has the superior intellect here to prevent such a scenario. so in most cases the thinking gorilla will beat the humanoid crazy lizard.

Size advantage doesn't actually mean much in comic book fights. Comic Grodd's weight, comparative to the Lizard's strength, is nothing. However, his raw strength is an awful lot higher, which is where Grodd is going to take the win (assuming he protects his eyes and throat and such, which isn't all THAT hard for him to do considering his raw power and durability).
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

yeah it doesn't matter in comics much but then gorilla Grodd also may be said to have a degree of super strength based on his tussling with kalibak throwing cars through buildings and the like which puts them on a pretty much even par at least or at the least there is not a significant degree of difference strength wise as both almost have similar feats of strength. also considering that gorilla Grodd has taken hits from the flash wonder woman and kalibak I don't think that the lizards strength poses that much of a threat against him. milage may vary of course.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    yeah it doesn't matter in comics much but then gorilla Grodd also may be said to have a degree of super strength based on his tussling with kalibak throwing cars through buildings and the like which puts them on a pretty much even par at least or at the least there is not a significant degree of difference strength wise as both almost have similar feats of strength. also considering that gorilla Grodd has taken hits from the flash wonder woman and kalibak I don't think that the lizards strength poses that much of a threat against him. milage may vary of course.
    You're preaching to the choir. Note my answer (I'm not sure if you read it all -- emphasis mine):

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Size advantage doesn't actually mean much in comic book fights. Comic Grodd's weight, comparative to the Lizard's strength, is nothing. However, his raw strength is an awful lot higher, which is where Grodd is going to take the win (assuming he protects his eyes and throat and such, which isn't all THAT hard for him to do considering his raw power and durability).
    I totally don't have an issue with Grodd being stronger (he is, clearly). He's stronger than Spider-man, he's stronger than the Lizard, etc...pretty much 'by far', as neither of them could have managed beaning a car through a building the way he did. Peter has, for example, thrown a Jeep through the second or third floor of an apartment building over 100' away from him, such that it smashed through the wall and sat there, half-in and half-out of the apartment. Peter has never thrown a car straight up through an apartment building like a bullet, such that it goes through I don't know how many walls and floors (I don't have the scan -- it's not the whole building, but it's a few walls and floors), then exits through the roof still flying straight up as if fired from a gigantic cannon.

That feat is seriously out of his -- or the Lizard's -- league.

And I'm totally down with Grodd being tough enough to weather the blitz and, eventually, get his mitts on the Lizard, at which point it's all over for Connors. Again, Grodd has been punched across three state lines by the Flash -- I forget if he kept on going for a while after that or 'that was what it took to put him down', but either way it's seriously past the kind of oomph that the Lizard can put out.

I'm just saying that weight and size aren't really important, as they would be in an MMA match.

Clarity is good... ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-11-2019 at 06:20 AM. Reason: More clarity!
    Why are we here?

Flash knocking him over state lines did finally KO him.

It's not just Post Crisis Grodd either. Nu 52 Grodd got into extended h2h fights with class 80 Aquaman. He didn't win, but Arthur wasn't stomping him either. It went back and forth for a bit.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You're preaching to the choir. Note my answer (I'm not sure if you read it all -- emphasis mine):

I totally don't have an issue with Grodd being stronger (he is, clearly). He's stronger than Spider-man, he's stronger than the Lizard, etc...pretty much 'by far', as neither of them could have managed beaning a car through a building the way he did. Peter has, for example, thrown a Jeep through the second or third floor of an apartment building over 100' away from him, such that it smashed through the wall and sat there, half-in and half-out of the apartment. Peter has never thrown a car straight up through an apartment building like a bullet, such that it goes through I don't know how many walls and floors (I don't have the scan -- it's not the whole building, but it's a few walls and floors), then exits through the roof still flying straight up as if fired from a gigantic cannon.

That feat is seriously out of his -- or the Lizard's -- league.

And I'm totally down with Grodd being tough enough to weather the blitz and, eventually, get his mitts on the Lizard, at which point it's all over for Connors. Again, Grodd has been punched across three state lines by the Flash -- I forget if he kept on going for a while after that or 'that was what it took to put him down', but either way it's seriously past the kind of oomph that the Lizard can put out.

I'm just saying that weight and size aren't really important, as they would be in an MMA match.

Clarity is good... ^_^
    all clear then. nothing better than a little clarity and rereading posts.I totally glossed over the part where you mentioned that his raw strength overpowered the lizards strength.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Is Grodd strong enough to Thunderclap? If so, he's smart enough to think of using it against a marginally faster opponent.