Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Is Grodd strong enough to Thunderclap? If so, he's smart enough to think of using it against a marginally faster opponent.
    I dunno, he's never really needed to. His TK already gives him a more efficient AoE.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm also leery of any thunderclap Grodd can manage doing anything to the Lizard. It's one thing for Grodd to overpower Connors strength versus strength. It's quite another for him to thunderclap someone who is somewhat stronger than Spiderman. He's no Class 80+.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

he can always try the chest thumping power.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm also leery of any thunderclap Grodd can manage doing anything to the Lizard. It's one thing for Grodd to overpower Connors strength versus strength. It's quite another for him to thunderclap someone who is somewhat stronger than Spiderman. He's no Class 80+.
    I meant that he could use the Thunderclap to knock Conners down to try and get his gorilla mitts on the Lizard.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Fair enough.

For me, I don't feel it would do much of anything to Connors, other than possibly giving him a mild ear-ache. The Lizard is a dude who gets punched in the face by Spiderman, and he weathers it. He's stronger than a guy that throws cars 100' such that they smash through the exterior walls of buildings three floors up. He's tougher than a guy who can basically block a van thrown by Venom, such that the van basically caves in around Peter's body and he doesn't bend under the impact (it injures Peter, but he withstands it).

I'm not sanguine about a weak thunderclap from a dude who doesn't even match Ben Grimm's strength accomplishing a whole lot. ^_^ Mileage, it varies.

...I still think Grodd simply eats the blitz for a while before finally getting a hand on Conners and tearing him apart.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Fair enough.

For me, I don't feel it would do much of anything to Connors, other than possibly giving him a mild ear-ache. The Lizard is a dude who gets punched in the face by Spiderman, and he weathers it. He's stronger than a guy that throws cars 100' such that they smash through the exterior walls of buildings three floors up. He's tougher than a guy who can basically block a van thrown by Venom, such that the van basically caves in around Peter's body and he doesn't bend under the impact (it injures Peter, but he withstands it).

I'm not sanguine about a weak thunderclap from a dude who doesn't even match Ben Grimm's strength accomplishing a whole lot. ^_^ Mileage, it varies.

...I still think Grodd simply eats the blitz for a while before finally getting a hand on Conners and tearing him apart.
    Yeah, pretty much this.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

One could make a case for Grodd to have compartmentalized durability, so the claws might actually hurt him... but those instances of him getting shot or stabbed involved Joker and Batman respectively, so I think jobbing is a reasonable argument as well.