Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    Why are they still going after the photographer she was with? she had a fake id and her age on facebook was 20 yo so how was he supposed to know exactly how old she really is? how do they even know they had a sexual encounter at all if the girl in question can't even remember anything (not that her account would be immediately credible) maybe the police want to get their pound of flesh and money from someone after all their previous information turned out to be untrue and look sort of silly in the media?

In every state that I know of, it doesn't matter if a minor lies about their age or if their parents approve of the relationship. If you get caught having sex with them, even if you think they're legal, you can get arrested and charged with statutory rape.

Kalior also allegedly admitted taking the girl to a party and giving her alcohol. That's a no-no even if she is 20.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I looked online to see if I could find their code of conduct and I really could not find anything other than Comic-con has a terrible policies in regards to such issues...Anyway I would have to see the language in question because from what you wrote it sounds like the 'they' are the people who host the convention itself which is perfectly legal and is bought of the rules you agreed to comply to by admitting yourself.

The problem is when an attendee takes a picture of another person without their permission or if they are underage. This usually violates the rules of entry you agreed to by default by showing up and even the law itself. Public space is just another word for 'government space.' it really only applies to parks, streets and government property in general (with some obvious exceptions). The volume of attendees does not make Comic-con a any less private.

People far to often think that rights are applicable to everything when in reality they are an agreement between you and the government. This is why CBR can ban someone for their speech and crying 'freedom of speech!' will not get you anywhere.
    Again you are citing a imaginary law. No criminal statue like that exists and if if did it would be non-enforceable beguile of a mountain of legal precedent. Een if the Convention banned Photography the most serous possible result would be being asked to leave, that is a simple civil matter not a violation of the law

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlok2011 View Post
    If you travel, the smart thing to do is NOT to flash your money around when off resort. That is just incredibly stupid!!!! You are free to do so and its your rights and all that bs but if you get robbed, it could have been prevented. Does not mean its your fault, but lets do a reality check. Some people will take advantage of others in certain situations, so you need to be pro active.

Same with this cosplay
    And if I was to post something like, "[redacted] you, you victim-blaming misogynist [redacted]", I'd be the one getting banned.*

There's no justice, I tells ya.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 08-02-2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: * So I won't do that

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Again you are citing a imaginary law. No criminal statue like that exists and if if did it would be non-enforceable beguile of a mountain of legal precedent. Een if the Convention banned Photography the most serous possible result would be being asked to leave, that is a simple civil matter not a violation of the law
    Except their are laws like this in existence. In the US you can take pictures of children all you want, but if you publish them (which would include posting them on Facebook) without permission by the parents that is a felony. It doesn't matter if it is public or not.

In my country there were laws passed that implied it was even parents to take pictures of their kids in a public park. The general trend in the West everywhere is a restriction on rights in regards to photographing children. Whether these laws are enforceable is moot. The whole reason why I thought this was an issue is because a poster mentioned something that to me sounded like he had violated a similar law. I also assumed that Comic-con would have similar conventions which turns out not to be true as well, though it turns out Comic-con has some of the worst rules in regards to harassment.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    In every state that I know of, it doesn't matter if a minor lies about their age or if their parents approve of the relationship. If you get caught having sex with them, even if you think they're legal, you can get arrested and charged with statutory rape.

Kalior also allegedly admitted taking the girl to a party and giving her alcohol. That's a no-no even if she is 20.
    I just don't get how you can punish a guy for not knowing the real age of his gf when she has a fake id and lies about her age on facebook.

The only other way he would know is if someone told him and he could just dismiss it as gossip.

I guess i dont think its fair that he is the only one that's punished when she purposely lied about her age.

I just don't get how you can punish a guy for not knowing the real age of his gf when she has a fake id and lies about her age on facebook.

The only other way he would know is if someone told him and he could just dismiss it as gossip.

I guess i dont think its fair that he is the only one that's punished when she purposely lied about her age.
    Well, he says that he never had sex with her, there's no proof that he ever did.

However, there's apparently proof or testimony that he's had sex with other girls who are underage, that came forward while he was being investigated during the mystery of the "K.O.'ed Roger Rabbit cosplayer".

Also, with all the twists in this story as it develops, I feel like we need this.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Where has it been said she had a fake ID? And why would someone underage get a fake ID that says they're 20? Isn't the point of a fake ID--really the only point--to say you're 21 and can by alcohol?

As for punishing a guy who was lied to, I really don't know. Just that it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, he says that he never had sex with her, there's no proof that he ever did.
    Emily, the girl he was with who fell, allegedly told police they were dating and in a sexual relationship. It's at the bottom of this article.
    Last edited by Don C; 08-03-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Except their are laws like this in existence. In the US you can take pictures of children all you want, but if you publish them (which would include posting them on Facebook) without permission by the parents that is a felony. It doesn't matter if it is public or not.
    This is provably untrue. One has simply to look at the recent celebrity testimony before Congress where they were asking for protection for their children from paparazzi.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...s-to-congress/

You really should give up on this one.

In the US
    "It is legal to photograph or videotape anything and anyone on any public property.[39]"
    http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

My library system takes photos throughout our branches and publishes the photos (often of children) on our web site, FB site, and electronic bulletin boards in the libraries. We identify ourselves to participants and give parents the option to say "please don't take a photo of my child", but we, or anyone else, has the right to do so.
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

Astonishing Member

It is illegal to use a picture of someone (of any age) commercially (ie in ads, billboards, etc) without their consent. But that is also a civil case, not a criminal one. Papperazi get around that by pretending they are 'editorial' images (like photojournals who don't have that constraint.

Hey, guys. Just leaving a note to say I merged DarkBlade's thread with the CBR News thread.

Emily, the girl he was with who fell, allegedly told police they were dating and in a sexual relationship. It's at the bottom of this article.
    Huh. Well then, somewhere, Chris Hansen has failed us.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Where has it been said she had a fake ID? And why would someone underage get a fake ID that says they're 20? Isn't the point of a fake ID--really the only point--to say you're 21 and can by alcohol?
    The last article i read on this said she had a fake id, why only 20 i don't know? Maybe the id wasn't for liquor but to convince this guy she wasn't under-age.

As for punishing a guy who was lied to, I really don't know. Just that it happens.
    If they can prove that he knew she was under-age then throw the book at him or whatever.

Emily, the girl he was with who fell, allegedly told police they were dating and in a sexual relationship. It's at the bottom of this article.[/QUOTE]
    So he there is evidence that he slept with her but is there evidence he knew she was under-age? the Alcohol thing will probably stand cause apparently even with the fake id she was too young to be drinking (and probably what caused her to fall and injure herself so severely)

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    Hey, guys. Just leaving a note to say I merged DarkBlade's thread with the CBR News thread.
    Probably a good idea we dont need two threads with the same exact subject.
    Last edited by sonofspam1972; 08-03-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Huh. Well then, somewhere, Chris Hansen has failed us.
    So now Chris Hansen is the patron saint of pedophilia abuse cases? wow what a legacy to have.
    I guess there are worse things to be known for.

So he there is evidence that he slept with her but is there evidence he knew she was under-age?

There is no evidence he knew she was only 16 when they dated. When she was found injured, he told police he thought she was 20.