Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

After having it sit around on a table for a month, I finally got around to reading Die Vol 1. Love it.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Issue Six dropped today, not much to say that others wouldn't be able to write more eloquently. This is very much an Angela focused issue, and it's much appreciated. Ash has gotten the most attention thus far, not that it's a bad thing. It is however nice to see another get so page panel time. Also, depending on how literal the final page is. Interesting.

Still haven't been able to run a game of DIE unfortunately, I think if my current game group ever needs a change of pace I might bring it up. Having read over the beta, it is a very demanding game for players. Even more so for Game Masters.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Thanks for reminding me about this book. I recently and very belatedly joined the WicDiv cult, reading most of it in trades before adding it to my monthly pull list. Now that that's ending, and a number of other books I follow are on hiatus or soon to enter that status, I need to beef up the non-DC/non-Marvel/non-superhero portion of my list. This seems like the right moment to jump onto DIE, with the first TPB just out and a new arc starting.

Issue #7 dropped today. Focusing on Izzy, and Chuck we amusingly find our heroes(?) having been transported as far from Glasstown as possible.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Issue Nine dropped today. A mild familiarity with the Brontė family probably helps to get the most of it. But thankfully Gillen is well aware that the audience of the comic is less likely to have that, so today I learned about the Brontė family!
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-06-2019 at 04:00 PM.

I love this. The art is amazing and the world Gillen has built is stunning. I wasn't the biggest fan of the last issue with the recounting of Brontė sisters but I'm excited to see how this notion of the world seemingly having absorbed in others works out for the rest of the story.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

The last issue of " Split the Party" dropped today. I truly wish I could find something I disliked about this book, but aside from last issue's emphasis on the Brontė family Die feels like it was made for me. I just wish I could offer something of criticism, but aside from Ash being far more interesting than the others (and even that has been balanced out) I'm just having a time with it. As said in the back-essay of the issue it looks like we're going on another hiatus. Potentially longer than the last because of injuries, but in the mean time we'll be getting our first pieces of merch as well as further content for the RPG.

Was also rather chuffed when I realized that Gillen subtitled the Tenth issue "The X-Card."
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-04-2019 at 03:20 PM.

This series really just continues to astonish me. I love every issue I just always find myself having a hard time putting my thoughts about it into words. It's as if Ash put a geas on me too.