Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

First when i read about this story arc in Avengers i was looking forward to the Avengers fighting Dracula because i remember when the x-men meet Dracula the first time from waay back and those stories were great.And even with Dracula not being actually the main antagonist of this story arc this is still to me a must read story.Looking forward to read the conclusion in the next issue.

Astonishing Member

Just had another read

Carol's rebuff of the stare isn't imo flippant at all, she is affected but it's just a testament to how she has been feeling guilty for a long time that lets her endure it so, I still think the wording about existing was trite but it's a good showing of her enduring it not being uneffected

Thor isn't saved by cap, he's took a hit he can clearly carry on in a moment, cap blocks an attack instead of leaving it to a teammate, good team work

Thor is perfectly capable against the spirit, sure it's powerful but he's definitely got it's measure and likely would have used the car as the finishing blow if blade hadn't had a good idea

Good fight against a powerful opponent imo

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Just had another read

Carol's rebuff of the stare isn't imo flippant at all, she is affected but it's just a testament to how she has been feeling guilty for a long time that lets her endure it so, I still think the wording about existing was trite but it's a good showing of her enduring it not being uneffected

Thor isn't saved by cap, he's took a hit he can clearly carry on in a moment, cap blocks an attack instead of leaving it to a teammate, good team work

Thor is perfectly capable against the spirit, sure it's powerful but he's definitely got it's measure and likely would have used the car as the finishing blow if blade hadn't had a good idea

Good fight against a powerful opponent imo
    Yeah, honestly I don't think the story really made Thor look all that bad.

Quite honestly, it was implying that Thor could have ended the fight when he really needed to. He just didn't until Robbie was about to blow. That's not to say for SURE Thor could have ended it... but based on the dialogue both Cap and Thor himself seemed to think he could.

Like a lot of instances, I think Thor simply holds back. If he really cuts lose, he could have ended this fight much quicker but there was a risk he would hurt or perhaps even kill Robbie.

Extraordinary Member

I still want Morbius to be the Lord of the Vampires, but that seems less likely.

A thirtyish doctor gaining a title that is based on trial-by-combat seems a bit improbable. Keep in mind that there are warrior vampires with centuries of experience under their belt who would want the title.

He doesn't seem like someone who would even want the responsibility

We could've had Jubilee the vampire queen. : (((((
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

she would have a strong contender for the title in bloodstorm if she hadn't been killed. drat extinction and kid omega!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    We could've had Jubilee the vampire queen. : (((((
    And now I miss something we will never have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, honestly I don't think the story really made Thor look all that bad.

Quite honestly, it was implying that Thor could have ended the fight when he really needed to. He just didn't until Robbie was about to blow. That's not to say for SURE Thor could have ended it... but based on the dialogue both Cap and Thor himself seemed to think he could.

Like a lot of instances, I think Thor simply holds back. If he really cuts lose, he could have ended this fight much quicker but there was a risk he would hurt or perhaps even kill Robbie.
    I do think he's been low showed a lot recently but this I felt Wasa strong showing in the way you describe

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    3 if you count the cartoon Civil War .

Seriously, the best way to decide which side is the "wrong" one in a Civil War conflict is whichever one Carol is a part of.
    Lmao! Yep Carol is the litmus test to bad decisions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I still want Morbius to be the Lord of the Vampires, but that seems less likely.
    That would be interesting but personally I still really want to know where Spitfire is during this, I'd love to see her again...

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    That would be interesting but personally I still really want to know where Spitfire is during this, I'd love to see her again...
    My thoughts as well. I absolutely love Spitfire and would really like to see her used more.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    My thoughts as well. I absolutely love Spitfire and would really like to see her used more.
    Glad to see I'm not alone in appreciating Jacqueline Falsworth. Of course, with vampires (AND the Baroness) appearing I do also find myself thinking I'd of liked to see Joey Chapman called up as an Avenger but that was never going to happen.

So when did Reyes get a spirit of Vengeance instead of the psycho ghost he originally came with? And when did Johnny become King of Hell? And anyone else feel like the comment about existing that Danvers make is a jab at all the detractors of the movie? Haven't seen it yet (i am on the fence tbh) but the fact that there is a comment that makes me feel like it is Marvel way of saying stop ragging on her makes me wonder if anyone else got that vibe. Also is tehre any therories yet on who Red Widow is? I mean is it a clone of Natasha or Yelena? Secret love child of Nat and Bucky? Anything at all?