Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Bleeding Cool troll Rob Liefield

they have taken the liberty to letter his panel since he apparently 'fogot' to do so.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...lverines-butt/

I have the feeling that Major X is a big joke that they are making to everyone, including Rob.

....I keep thinking that this can't be real.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I thought I had just dreamed those speech bubbles.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    ....I keep thinking that this can't be real.
    Right? I'm a little suspicious. I mean are we really so low that you can just put the "X" moniker on anything and make a character...

Oh way. Stacy X... Adam X... Mr/Mrs X. I'm ... super disappointed.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I read that dialogue and for a moment I thought that it was truly written by Liefeld himself, it's an style similar to his awful work at DC lol.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 03-07-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Please tell me those aren't Liefeld's panels. Someone else drew those, right? I don't think I've ever seen a longsword or katana brandished like a baseball bat is all. Not by someone truly skilled in its use. And certainly not when you're facing someone with either claws or daggers who also happens to be dangerously INSIDE of your defensive stance. Raise a sword like that, to someone as fast as Wolverine no less, and you're eviscerated before you bring the arc of the sword back into position to hit him or parry his blows. The logic of the sequence of panels moving from 3 to 4 doesn't hold up.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Those panels are insane. The logistics of that sequence make absolutely zero sense.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Right? I'm a little suspicious. I mean are we really so low that you can just put the "X" moniker on anything and make a character...

Oh way. Stacy X... Adam X... Mr/Mrs X. I'm ... super disappointed.
    Stacy X I'm willing to give a pass since I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a play on ecstacy. Since her real name's Miranda, it's not like she just slapped an X onto her birth name, either.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Please tell me those aren't Liefeld's panels. Someone else drew those, right? I don't think I've ever seen a longsword or katana brandished like a baseball bat is all. Not by someone truly skilled in its use. And certainly not when you're facing someone with either claws or daggers who also happens to be dangerously INSIDE of your defensive stance. Raise a sword like that, to someone as fast as Wolverine no less, and you're eviscerated before you bring the arc of the sword back into position to hit him or parry his blows. The logic of the sequence of panels moving from 3 to 4 doesn't hold up.
    Oh yeah, classic Liefeld

220px-Shatterstar.jpg
    Make Good Art

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh yeah, classic Liefeld

220px-Shatterstar.jpg
    Yeah, I see that he STILL hasn't figured out how to avoid the disappearing second hand issue. All he has to do is take a broomstick, hold it in that same pose and go look at himself in the mirror. Look at the positioning of both hands. Then draw that. Take a picture and trace it a thousand times for all I care until he gets some idea of what hands holding a sword should look like. It's not rocket science.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I'll never criticize Liefeld's art due to the fact that I'm no better. What I do want say is that I wish he'd stop using Wolverine in his projects though. Dude claims to be a big fan of Logan, but all I've seen him do over the years is use him to get some of his creations to get one over on Logan. He started it with Cable, did it with Deadpool, continued the trend with Shatterstar, and now this new lame looking character.

Incredible Member

I struggle to understand how he finds work, his art is utterly appalling. That isn't even his worst! You would think by now he would at least have tried to get some sort of understanding of human anatomy, but no.

I mean, it isn't actually going to matter what the story is like, it is going to be ruined by the ridiculous "art".

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I struggle to understand how he finds work, his art is utterly appalling. That isn't even his worst! You would think by now he would at least have tried to get some sort of understanding of human anatomy, but no.

I mean, it isn't actually going to matter what the story is like, it is going to be ruined by the ridiculous "art".
    It is all about Nostalgia

Incredible Member

I guess so. It's all a bit disappointing to me though. I often wonder how people can be nostalgic about such rubbish. Then I see The Spice Girls are touring again, and compared with that rubbish Liefield art looks impressive.