Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Only under Liefeld's watch. He never let's Logan win ever and he supposedly his favorite X-character besides his creations. For some reason he see's Logan as this super high measuring stick and the only way to get his creations any kind of credibility is to have them win against him.
    Hell we may get some twist that Major X is Wolverine. lol I get the feeling he's gonna be another time-displaced character. May be Deadpool again. lol

But I am sure Logan will come out on top somehow. Liefeld may not have done him justice in the past, but his Wolverine Publicity is MUCH stronger now, so Marvel probably won't let Liefeld smack him around too much without giving back some equal & devastating damage. This is probably just a first meeting page where Logan underestimated him. Not uncommon for a foe to be dangerous because they aren't known yet. But once they show their hands, then they can be dealt with.

As for Sabretooth, he is popular. He's connected to the most famous X-Man of all time being his arch nemesis. When Marvel and DC had their crossover, it was Creed and Joker(DC's most popular villain) who fused into Hyena. All characters go through a bad spell, it's just Creed's turn. His just been a bit longer than others(him and Storm can compare notes or something).
    When something's gone on 16 years, we're passed bad spell. lol Creed's famous as Wolverine's accessory, but not for himself. With the jobbing, lack of attention, abusive love interest, constant dismissal, and terrible tv adaptations, he can't be popular. lol He's just famous. He's Wolverine's most recurring annoyance & fans like seeing him lose. But he's no longer handled like he has (is supposed to have) popularity or fans.

Sadly, some characters just start off one way, then do a 180 from what they were. Then it's a base-breaking deal. Because some may like the new versions.

Lola Bunny is an ex. She started as sexy & straight-arrow. Eventually her character went more cartoonish, and she became more of a goofy ditz.
    Lola Evolution.jpg
    Those who like the latter version, great.
    Those who loved the original, too bad for them. lol

Same deals with Storm, Gambit, Deadpool, Domino, Monet, and surely many others.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-12-2019 at 10:42 AM.

I hated Liefield's art and the exodus of Chris Claremont from X-Men and Alan Davis from Excalibur so much that I wrote several letters to Marvel back in the day. I received a letter from CC, a post card from AD, and a call on my unlisted phone number from Bob Harris. I framed the letter and post card in my hobby room.

I won't buy anything that Liefield does and even dislike any of the characters he created even if later creators improved them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviers Dream View Post
    I hated Liefield's art and the exodus of Chris Claremont from X-Men and Alan Davis from Excalibur so much that I wrote several letters to Marvel back in the day. I received a letter from CC, a post card from AD, and a call on my unlisted phone number from Bob Harris. I framed the letter and post card in my hobby room.

I won't buy anything that Liefield does and even dislike any of the characters he created even if later creators improved them.
    That is a bit silly, Cable has had huge development, and is a brilliant character, or was, before this whole kid Cable fiasco.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    That is a bit silly, Cable has had huge development, and is a brilliant character, or was, before this whole kid Cable fiasco.
    Yeah. Domino & Deadpool also got some great development. Before writers started using them as slapstick comedy clowns. lol

Astonishing Member

Eh, Deadpool got really popular when they were using the more comedic angle and the blockbuster movie renforced that. When lots and lots and lots of other people like that angle, the company’s gonna stick with it. Domino’s more comedic turn was probably because of the movie too.

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Maybe some writer will rework Major X into a great character with moving motivations like was done to Commander X, but I still remember the hollow core of what Liefield created. When I see Cable's guns I recall Liefield mentioning in an interview that he did that as a way to avoid drawing a real gun or having to draw detail. It was a way to avoid work. He compared it to Jim Lee doing detail drawings of real guns in Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    WTF? It isn't even funny anymore. At least way back when I could laugh at it, the joke has really worn thin now!
    OMG! Just saw a solicitation for:
    MARVEL UNIVERSE BY ROB LIEFELD OMNIBUS HC
    Written by ROB LIEFELD, LOUISE SIMONSON, CHRIS CLAREMONT, JIM VALENTINO, JEPH LOEB, ERIC STEPHENSON, FABIAN NICIEZA, SCOTT LOBDELL & MORE
    Penciled by ROB LIEFELD, JIM VALENTINO, CHAP YAEP, IAN CHURCHILL & MORE
    Cover by ROB LIEFELD

marvel liefeld omnibus.jpg

How in the hell does this guy get a $100 omnibus from Marvel dedicated to him!!?? I'm at a loss for words.....

I'm curious to know who will buy this!!??

I just don't understand it.... who likes this artwork? Seriously, is there someone here that really thinks Liefeld can draw?

Major-X-2-2019.jpg

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I just don't understand it.... who likes this artwork? Seriously, is there someone here that really thinks Liefeld can draw?

Major-X-2-2019.jpg
    That cover is Whack. Like, Wolverine's claws are bigger and thicker on the end than the attachment to his bones/ligaments. And they look like cardboard cutouts propped for a picture. YIKES

Honestly though, the art on the Uncanny run has been silly bad as well. I feel like they need to bring in fresh meat or pay the good artists what they are worth.