Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Couldn't happen to a nicer unelected group of self-proclaimed saviors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooper Films View Post
    That doesn't surprise me who pulls the trigger. Especially after we saw the recent cover to "Time Runs Out" and that member of the group missing. This shows the beginning of the end of the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Couldn't happen to a nicer unelected group of self-proclaimed saviors.
    To be fair T'challa isn't a self proclaimed savior. He was powered by a god for that specific purpose, and Reed was named his second.

So "mostly self-proclaimed" would be more accurate.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Reed is losing his intellect soon in FF, hence why he may not be involved in this Incursion situation for much longer.
    Ah ok, thanks. Curious to see how Hickman plays off that beat.

Fantastic Member

Yep. I actually mean the Illuminati, as a group, making decisions affecting humanity & beyond, and thinking they were qualified to hold the gems. Perhaps it would be more accurate to label Stark this way, and just say that the others were accomplices.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    To be fair T'challa isn't a self proclaimed savior. He was powered by a god for that specific purpose, and Reed was named his second.

So "mostly self-proclaimed" would be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Yep. I actually mean the Illuminati, as a group, making decisions affecting humanity & beyond, and thinking they were qualified to hold the gems. Perhaps it would be more accurate to label Stark this way, and just say that the others were accomplices.
    Lol. I was just being pedantic.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

How much intelligence is Reed going to lose? Is he going to be Johnny Blaze dumb, or is he just being downgraded to "lowly" top teir professor intelligence.
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member

How much intelligence is Reed going to lose? Is he going to be Johnny Blaze dumb, or is he just being downgraded to "lowly" top teir professor intelligence.
    The flash foward at the beginning of this latest FF run showed an utterly perplexed Reed trying to work in his lab.

Looks like he's gonna be Johnny Blaze dumb, but in denial about it.

No clue, I only heard about it recently.

Also, way to end the Great Society. They were pretty dang awesome, but to fall like this? Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Also, way to end the Great Society. They were pretty dang awesome, but to fall like this? Brutal.
    So, Strange killed them all except Spectrum correct? Did Black Bolt kill her?

And well, I guess technically, the bomb killed Sun God.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    The thing is you don't know the history of the Black Panthers. They're the leaders of Wakanda and charged with protecting it. So sense their duty is preserve Wakanda of course they would focused solely on that. That's what the prior Panthers are telling T'Challa. They're criticizing him for straying from that path and not viewing the situation like a true king, in their opinion, should.

Namor is more complicated than that. He can be both depending on what the situation is.

Yeah I'm with you on BP and Namor being opposites like Tony and Steve. BP = salvation and Namor = damnation is what Hickman seems to be playing at. I just see it as Namor making the hard choices that have to be made given what they face. There's no hesitation from him about what must be done to ensure their continued survival.

If anything, Hickman is making a good critique on the dangers of realism.
    Hickman has also pointed out numerous times that they all have been manipulated by black swan. They don't have any other options because she guided them to being world killers. Something that wasn't as hard as usual according to Maximus. You can rationalize their actions if you want but there is one inescapable fact: They allowed Black Swan to turn them into world killers and that was exactly what she wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, Strange killed them all except Spectrum correct? Did Black Bolt kill her?

And well, I guess technically, the bomb killed Sun God.
    Spectrum could be alive but I'm pretty sure Black Bolt killed her. Wouldn't be out of character for him to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    You just wonder if Doom is laughing at the Illuminati right now, thinking how Doom is not that far off the level of those men? How maybe Doom makes a better leader of the Illuminati right now, because this is his main schtick, how you line up the Illuminati and Doom on the end, and you have trouble picking out the super villain.
    Is the fact that Marvel has reduced their leading heroes to the moral equivalence of super villains supposed to be a good thing? If so, can someone tell me why?
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

How disappointing.
    It's like this time when you face a road and want to take the crosswalk.
    Either you go all the way in and take it, or you don't and stay clear off the road.
    But there's one thing you don't do: stopping in the middle of crossing the road, waiting for the traffic to get right back at you - that's the most dangerous thing to do.
    And it's basically what happened here.
    The moment the Illuminati reformed and started talking about solutions to destroy other planets, they had lost any sort of morality, or rather, turned their back on said morality.
    Namor is the only one who knew truly what this meant, and was always ready to make sure things went through to achieve their initial goal - save their world and their universe.
    Countrary to the others, he truly had renounced the persona he was when he joined the group to tackle this threat.
    Namor is the only one who acted like a leader in this situation, period.
    He won't take any pride in this, becoming a mass murderer to preserve the entirety of his people, his planet, his universe.
    Yet, apparently, he will be confronted by his teamates next issue, who were willing to bail on the entirety of 616 - their own families, friends and people included ! - only to preserve the image they had of their former selves: moraly pure and shiny heroes.
    Instead of being thankful he relieved them from this burden and actually saved their lives (among trillions of others across 616).
    The sad truth is that they were pathetical, the whole lot of them - I can't decide who came off the worst out of this, maybe Stark "I'm not using this thing" and Richards "It matters" ?
    Actually, Stark deserve the palm, he comes off as the worst kind of hypocrite.
    As if him not using the bomb despite being one of those who designed it in the first place would, somehow, wash him out of the billions of death it being detonated on another world would bring...
    Revolting.

That being said, the issue was a gem, between Schti and the crafting of Hickman...Just stellar.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    Hickman has also pointed out numerous times that they all have been manipulated by black swan. They don't have any other options because she guided them to being world killers. Something that wasn't as hard as usual according to Maximus. You can rationalize their actions if you want but there is one inescapable fact: They allowed Black Swan to turn them into world killers and that was exactly what she wanted.
    I won't deny that she put them on that path. The moment they talked to her, their course was locked to be world killers. However what I'm saying in the situation they were in, Namor made that hard choice without hesitation to ensure survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Is the fact that Marvel has reduced their leading heroes to the moral equivalence of super villains supposed to be a good thing? If so, can someone tell me why?
    Technically, only Strange and Namor killed anyone (and maybe Black Bolt)

They others weren't willing to pull the trigger. And in the end, actually tried to stop Namor.

Damn, for some reason, I actually felt the most sorry for Strange. I don't know why...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html