Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    Spectacular Member

Another great issue when tied to Avengers. I can't complain about Hickman's story one iota.

It's apparent now that there is no happy solution to this problem. The issue now is how heroic can you be within a given timeframe. All complaints from posters aside, I don't think there are many truly heroic solutions to this issue. Nothing posted that I've read is plausible. Why? Because TIME RUNS OUT. It was made apparent back in issue 3 that a diplomatic heroic situation just can't be done in such a short time frame. This is how heroic can you be given x amount of hours and minutes.

This arc was beautiful. It showed that there is no hope. There is no heroic deeds that can end this threat. It comes down to damage control and is probably the best 'baddie' ever. How far are you willing to go to save your people? Within events closing in closer and closer. The drama is real and its done very well. I can't wait for the double shipping.

Extraordinary Member

The big difference in this story of course is that rather than not being able to save innocent people the main characters have to actively kill them.
    Last edited by brettc1; 08-03-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    All true. Compared to other showings of Reed this one is definitely below the standard.
    It happens in any team-book. Certain characters gets neglected while others get the spotlight. If this incursion stuff was in a F4 book Reed would have found a genius solution long ago. Just until recently Strange was being neglected too and wasn't doing much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Holy crap this looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    That likely wouldn't have worked.

The earth would have to constantly intangible in order prevent the worlds from colliding. Even if that were possible you'd have two universes basically melded together....until the one of the earths has another incursion.
    Couldn't they just shift the frequency so they could all occupy the same space on different vibrational planes? They already have two occupying the space, why not a third? I'm sure all those great minds could have worked out a way if they tried, considering they had a similarly brief amount of time in that story. I realise for the purposes of the storyline they can't do that but that it happened at all and worked successfully somewhat undermines the Illuminati's solution since actually working with the core Avengers team provided a solution that didn't involve the destruction of either planet in that instance. Maybe that's the point and that story will be used as a means to undermine the solutions of the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Another great issue when tied to Avengers. I can't complain about Hickman's story one iota.

It's apparent now that there is no happy solution to this problem. The issue now is how heroic can you be within a given timeframe. All complaints from posters aside, I don't think there are many truly heroic solutions to this issue. Nothing posted that I've read is plausible. Why? Because TIME RUNS OUT. It was made apparent back in issue 3 that a diplomatic heroic situation just can't be done in such a short time frame. This is how heroic can you be given x amount of hours and minutes.

This arc was beautiful. It showed that there is no hope. There is no heroic deeds that can end this threat. It comes down to damage control and is probably the best 'baddie' ever. How far are you willing to go to save your people? Within events closing in closer and closer. The drama is real and its done very well. I can't wait for the double shipping.
    This.

I couldn't agree more. Great writing from Hickman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    The big difference in this story of course is that rather than not being able to save innocent people the main characters have to actively kill them.
    Which to me is a lot of the problem. No matter what excuse or justification you still have the good guys murdering people. Time was that one death would have weighed on their conscience, they would have been haunted by it, now I think that no matter how many people they kill the deaths will be just casually forgotten. It'll be like the rebuilding of New York after WWH: just something that happens between issues and the individual lives lost -especially of the heroes in the GS- will just be glossed over and forgotten.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Which to me is a lot of the problem. No matter what excuse or justification you still have the good guys murdering people. Time was that one death would have weighed on their conscience, they would have been haunted by it, now I think that no matter how many people they kill the deaths will be just casually forgotten. It'll be like the rebuilding of New York after WWH: just something that happens between issues and the individual lives lost -especially of the heroes in the GS- will just be glossed over and forgotten.
    I highlighted that because if you have been reading New Avengers you would know that is not the case. Especially in this issue Hickman made it plain that but for Namor no one could go through with it even with the death of everyone they know and love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    I highlighted that because if you have been reading New Avengers you would know that is not the case. Especially in this issue Hickman made it plain that but for Namor no one could go through with it even with the death of everyone they know and love.
    Maybe, we'll see what happens in say two years or at most three when we've gone through a couple of big events and writing changes. Namor pushed the button, the other supplied the bomb. Once just supplying the bomb would have been enough. Now? I don't think so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Holy crap this looks promising.
    Does this imply that Namor throws in with the bad guys?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Maybe, we'll see what happens in say two years or at most three when we've gone through a couple of big events and writing changes. Namor pushed the button, the other supplied the bomb. Once just supplying the bomb would have been enough. Now? I don't think so.
    Well, thats entirely different when a new rider comes on board. That's just the nature of the beast. We just need to basically live in the moment that Hickman has created. Things just eventually change ,we see it in life and comic book characters all the time