Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Preview: Uncanny X-Men Winter's End #1

Preview: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...nters-end-1-2/

The line, "it's just been SMH 24/7, y'know?" made me crack up.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Thats some marketing BS billing it as Uncanny X-men when it has nothing to do with Disassembled or the current run. I wish they had just called it an Iceman oneshot

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats some marketing BS billing it as Uncanny X-men when it has nothing to do with Disassembled or the current run. I wish they had just called it an Iceman oneshot
    The book deserves more money.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The book deserves more money.
    My prediction is that the sales will still be rather low when the numbers come out

It’s obvious they pulled that because they think it’ll sell better under the Uncanny name vs Iceman. While a somewhat smart, yet dishonest, sales tactic, it kinda shows their hand that they don’t really have much faith in Iceman for bringing in sales.

My prediction is that the sales will still be rather low when the numbers come out
    Every
    dollar
    counts.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I reached the page with Michaela and that turned pretty damn meta.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Hella boring.
    But I’m curious if Jean and Emma will cross paths in this issue, since it seems Sina Grace is the only one to keep mentioning and using Emma?

Love seeing Grace plant the seeds for his Uncanny run.

Been waiting for this. Nice.

Nit pick. Couldn't Bobby just convert all the water to moisture and end the flood

In #5 of his last series, he turned an army of ice monsters to moisture, then frost some bigots by turning the moisture back to ice.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Been waiting for this. Nice.

Nit pick. Couldn't Bobby just convert all the water to moisture and end the flood

In #5 of his last series, he turned an army of ice monsters to moisture, then frost some bigots by turning the moisture back to ice.
    Bobby has never to my knowledge done phase change from solid water to liquid or gaseous water. He creates ice or extreme cold by removing heat from water; however, he can't do the opposite.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Bobby has never to my knowledge done phase change from solid water to liquid or gaseous water. He creates ice or extreme cold by removing heat from water; however, he can't do the opposite.
    For the most part he doesnt but when he first started animating ice figures, he did so by rapidly evaporating them and remaking them. He can freeze and unfreeze molecules.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    He converts himself from vapor to ice regularly, and ice to vapor. Like I mentioned, in his last series he converted a large amount of ice to vapor, he turned himself to vapor when fighting juggernaut and reformed as ice, also as a means of transport.
    When he froze a celestial ship, he was able to selectively unfreeze sections of it by converting the ice to vapour.
    https://i.imgur.com/nsYvx54.jpg

He doesn't just freeze things, he can control the temperature gradient, so switching between States of H2O isn't a big deal
    https://i.imgur.com/1pRonlT.jpg
    https://pm1.narvii.com/6413/48c41d2f...9808404_hq.jpg

If he can turn ice to vapor, then turning water to vapor should be child's play.

Anyway, doesn't really matter. Just thought it would be a nice gesture to the people in the flooded area. Still looking forward to the book, I've missed Ice Wizard Sir Robert

Art continues to be awful. I don't know why this couldn't be on the mini? better than conclude on a one-shot

SMH?

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    He converts himself from vapor to ice regularly, and ice to vapor. Like I mentioned, in his last series he converted a large amount of ice to vapor, he turned himself to vapor when fighting juggernaut and reformed as ice, also as a means of transport.
    When he froze a celestial ship, he was able to selectively unfreeze sections of it by converting the ice to vapour.
    https://i.imgur.com/nsYvx54.jpg

He doesn't just freeze things, he can control the temperature gradient, so switching between States of H2O isn't a big deal
    https://i.imgur.com/1pRonlT.jpg
    https://pm1.narvii.com/6413/48c41d2f...9808404_hq.jpg

If he can turn ice to vapor, then turning water to vapor should be child's play.

Anyway, doesn't really matter. Just thought it would be a nice gesture to the people in the flooded area. Still looking forward to the book, I've missed Ice Wizard Sir Robert
    what is that Jugs fight from?

Also to note that Emma did something similar in his body, turning to liquid to zipline across the city and then back to ice

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Hella boring.
    But I’m curious if Jean and Emma will cross paths in this issue, since it seems Sina Grace is the only one to keep mentioning and using Emma?
    I dont think Marvel would waste the inevitable reuinion of those two in a book like this. That would be so anticlimatic and I hope JDW blocks Sina, if he has pitched it
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-07-2019 at 03:05 PM.