Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 129
  1. #31
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Apparently, neither are most readers by those sales. He would be as bad, if not worse than Guggs for me.
    Given his numbers, he’d be niche at best. That’s really not the kind of talent you want to put behind the flagship title especially with some of what the X-books have been getting lately. We need more A-list on these books.

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Given his numbers, he’d be niche at best. That’s really not the kind of talent you want to put behind the flagship title especially with some of what the X-books have been getting lately. We need more A-list on these books.
    It's not like rosenberg was a best seller before getting Uncanny

  3. #33
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not like rosenberg was a best seller before getting Uncanny
    Maybe not but between his Astonishing and New Mutants, he’s done a lot better sales wise than Sina Grace.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe not but between his Astonishing and New Mutants, he’s done a lot better sales wise than Sina Grace.
    sure that Astonishing and New Mutants gonna sell better than Iceman

  5. #35
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe not but between his Astonishing and New Mutants, he’s done a lot better sales wise than Sina Grace.
    As did his Phoenix Resurrection, which jumpstarted his current run in the X books

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    sure that Astonishing and New Mutants gonna sell better than Iceman

    And what about Multiple Man which also did better?
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-07-2019 at 07:02 PM.

  6. #36
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    sure that Astonishing and New Mutants gonna sell better than Iceman
    Astonishing maybe but New Mutants has always been more of a side title in the more recent years. Also, even if it was Iceman, compare that to other solos that X-Men who aren’t Wolverine got and Sina Grace’s numbers basically sank like a rock. I haven’t really seen numbers that low in a Marvel book even at some books that were canceled for low sales.

  7. #37
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,648

    Default

    Iceman is a strong trade seller. That's why it got revived for another TPB.

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Astonishing maybe but New Mutants has always been more of a side title in the more recent years. Also, even if it was Iceman, compare that to other solos that X-Men who aren’t Wolverine got and Sina Grace’s numbers basically sank like a rock. I haven’t really seen numbers that low in a Marvel book even at some books that were canceled for low sales.
    New Mutants got some good promotion from the movie that should be released. It also features Magik that is pretty popular.

    Like Digifiend said, Iceman was a big seller on trades

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

    And what about Multiple Man which also did better?
    Multiple Man I don't think it did much better
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-07-2019 at 07:24 PM.

  9. #39
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iceman is a strong trade seller. That's why it got revived for another TPB.
    Can’t have exactly lit up the charts if they only gave him enough rope for a mini. He went from an ongoing to a mini to a one-shot. I don’t see them giving him the reins to the flagship title.

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    This is just another Sina Grace extension of Iceman miniseries special.

    The first Iceman miniseries was funny and interesting but the second Iceman miniseries was boring. This special is just an extension of the second mini.

  11. #41
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Now there's a valid point - check out the logo! Uncanny is written differently from normal. So it could be the new UXM logo for when Age of X-Man ends.
    I hope not. Sina is great for writing gay stories but other than that.....

  12. #42
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iceman is a strong trade seller. That's why it got revived for another TPB.
    Marvel needs Uncanny to be a seller in single issues, not poor with hopes of being big in trades down the line

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Multiple Man I don't think it did much better
    It did better than Iceman by about 5K

  13. #43
    Mighty Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Grace wrote a more likeable Kitty than we've seen in years

  14. #44
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,547

    Default

    Grace should start using a new support team. It's always Manuela and Idie. What is Manuelas code name by the easy? Creep, right?
    ****Stop complaining and start dancing****

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats some marketing BS billing it as Uncanny X-men when it has nothing to do with Disassembled or the current run. I wish they had just called it an Iceman oneshot
    iceman:winters end
    you're welcome
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •