Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Can’t have exactly lit up the charts if they only gave him enough rope for a mini. He went from an ongoing to a mini to a one-shot. I don’t see them giving him the reins to the flagship title.
    Age of X-Man is to blame for that - I would expect another revival of Iceman after the event ends, and still with the same writer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Age of X-Man is to blame for that - I would expect another revival of Iceman after the event ends, and still with the same writer.
    Considering books like X-23 are still going through Age of X-Man, I don’t think that’s the case. We’ve seen ongoings continue through a status quo changing story before with a new arc picking up after the shift.

BANNED

Running WAY behind & NEED to (reluctantly) disengage ASAP--for now--but wanted to point out & reinforce quickly that:

Iceman (Marvel Comics) - Wikipedia
    ... has... been able to move rapidly to another distant location while in his organic ice form, being able to deposit his bodily mass into a river and reconstitute his entire mass a great distance away in a matter of minutes (by temporarily merging his molecules with those of the river). ...

... is... able to reconstitute his organic ice form if any part of it is damaged, or even if it is completely shattered, without permanently harming himself. He can temporarily add the mass of a body of water to his own, increasing his mass, size, and strength. He can survive not only as ice, but as liquid water and water vapor. He can also transform his body from a gaseous state back to a solid, although it is physically and mentally taxing. Iceman can also freeze sea water, as seen during the "Operation: Zero Tolerance" story arc. While he usually does not use his powers in lethal ways, his powers are so vast that they extend to the molecular level, to the point that he can freeze all of the molecules of an object/being with a thought; he once froze every single molecule of water within the body of David Haller. Iceman is also able to dissolve his own icy constructs. ...

...'s powers were pushed to their limit while possessed by Emma Frost, who used Iceman to discover the fate of her Hellions. During this time Iceman was able to control all forms of moisture, freeze fluids inside people's bodies, travel as a liquid, solid or gas. Not even the combined might of the X-Men Gold team was able to stop Emma Frost in Iceman's body. Following this, Bobby confronted Emma about how she was able to use his powers so effectively. While together they made some initial progress, she refused to train him further. Instead he turned to Storm because they share similar elemental powers and she agreed to tutor him. ...
    Dude's a BEAST power-wise and as stated, could become virtually unstoppable, as time goes on.

BANNED

Maybe not but between his Astonishing and New Mutants, he’s done a lot better sales wise than Sina Grace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... And what about Multiple Man which also did better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iceman is a strong trade seller. That's why it got revived for another TPB.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    New Mutants got some good promotion from the movie that should be released. It also features Magik that is pretty popular.

Like Digifiend said, Iceman was a big seller on trades

Multiple Man I don't think it did much better
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... It did better than Iceman by about 5K
    Final issues of all mentioned:

Astonishing X-Men #17 (last Rosenberg ish, Nov. '18)... 31,553
    New Mutants: Dead Souls #6 (Aug. '18)... 18,293
    Multiple Man #5 (Oct. '18)... 12,229
    Iceman #5 (Jan. '19)... 9,800

Relevant, and/or for perspective:

What If? Magik #1 (Oct. '18)... 23,668
    X-23 #8 (most recent data, Jan. '19)... 25,980
    Domino #10 (most recent data, Jan. '19)... 19,655
    Mr. & Mrs. X #7 (most recent data, Jan. '19)... 17,864

Any disparities aren't that significant and are being overstated, IMO, all things considered.

BANNED

Can’t have exactly lit up the charts if they only gave him enough rope for a mini. He went from an ongoing to a mini to a one-shot. ...
    Considering the close proximity of the latter 2, I think it's safe to say they were both green-lit in unison, due to the performance of the original ongoing's 2 trades. And ya know, for & so they could do, a 3rd one.

This looks like it could be fun. Bobby usually finds a way to make a comic more fun and entertaining.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Art looks bad. I think they called it Uncanny just to make arriveal of Uncanny 650 faster. Probably needed one more issue to Uncanny 648 so Uncanny 650 will start a new arc.

Once again, the X-Men's horniness was their downfall. Oh, and I really liked this. I hope Sina Grace gets group work down the line, I can really see him doing wonders for the X-Line if he got more room. Also love the way he weaves in recent continuity to show where each book takes place.
    Last edited by Tycon; 03-12-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Spit Girl: I'm quitting the X-Men
    Bobby: Biiiitch you ain't no X-Man

lol shaade

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Once again, the X-Men's horniness was their downfall. Oh, and I really liked this. I hope Sina Grace gets group work down the line, I can really see him doing wonders for the X-Line if he got more room. Also love the way he weaves in recent continuity to show where each book takes place.
    Ditto. Lots of loose ends tied up here, and some nice callbacks to Bobby's development over the past couple of years. I enjoyed it, and I really hope we see Sina Grace in the X-Books again soon.

spoilers:
    Also, really liked seeing cameos from Christian Frost, Northstar, Kyle, and a decently-written Kitty Pryde. And at least NuPyro's presence seems to indicate that Bobby can get laid whenever he wants. Not sure if the Bobken fans are gonna love this or hate it, though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ditto. Lots of loose ends tied up here, and some nice callbacks to Bobby's development over the past couple of years. I enjoyed it, and I really hope we see Sina Grace in the X-Books again soon.

spoilers:
    Also, really liked seeing cameos from Christian Frost, Northstar, Kyle, and a decently-written Kitty Pryde. And at least NuPyro's presence seems to indicate that Bobby can get laid whenever he wants. Not sure if the Bobken fans are gonna love this or hate it, though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In a way, this kind of helps fix up Disassembled a bit. Or moreso, Bobby's scenes (which weren't really bad to begin with). But I kind of like how Bobby and Jean's talk in this issue dovetails nicely into them being buddy-buddy in Disassembled. Or him joking around with Bishop. And best of all, he completely wraps up Battle of the Atom by killing all of them. Sad about Kymera but meh to the rest.

i care about nuPyro a little bit more now that anyone not named Guggenheim is writing him. but i wanted to hear Johnny's "A Song Of Ice and Fire" jingle.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    In a way, this kind of helps fix up Disassembled a bit. Or moreso, Bobby's scenes (which weren't really bad to begin with). But I kind of like how Bobby and Jean's talk in this issue dovetails nicely into them being buddy-buddy in Disassembled. Or him joking around with Bishop. And best of all, he completely wraps up Battle of the Atom by killing all of them. Sad about Kymera but meh to the rest.

i care about nuPyro a little bit more now that anyone not named Guggenheim is writing him. but i wanted to hear Johnny's "A Song Of Ice and Fire" jingle.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And... you know, not that I'd ever really WANT that BotA can of worms opened again, but I kinda do wanna see conniving, unstoppable Space Lord Daken. The politics on the Marvel Cosmic side of things were so gloriously fucked up back in the "War of Kings" era, and this could be more of the same. And between Jean, Rachel, Bishop, Vulcan, and Daken, really, everyone out in the cosmos just needs to be fucking terrified of mutants going into space.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    What happens with bobken in this issue? I'm suprised it's back

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    What happens with bobken in this issue? I'm suprised it's back
    spoilers:
    Daken uses Bobby and the future X-Men to pull a coup-de-tat and steal the M'Kraan crystal and also destroy the entire Milky Way Galaxy.
    end of spoilers

This was nice though. I miss small, intimate moments like this oneshot provided.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is this finally out? Winter's End is appropriate; it's almost spring.
    Lemme guess: Iceman doesn't quit the X-Men?
    Also did Idie switch bodies with a Victoria's Secret model?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Love seeing Grace plant the seeds for his Uncanny run.
    This isn't even funny.
    "Cable was right!"