Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ditto. Lots of loose ends tied up here, and some nice callbacks to Bobby's development over the past couple of years. I enjoyed it, and I really hope we see Sina Grace in the X-Books again soon.

spoilers:
    Also, really liked seeing cameos from Christian Frost, Northstar, Kyle, and a decently-written Kitty Pryde. And at least NuPyro's presence seems to indicate that Bobby can get laid whenever he wants. Not sure if the Bobken fans are gonna love this or hate it, though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh my god. You mean the new Pyro is there? I thought he is cast in Limbo after X-Men Gold ended.

Did he have another sexual experience with Bobby?
    end of spoilers

It was a fine issue and tied up the loose ends.

Lol at Daken being the love of anyone's life. Interesting that there is universe out there where he's a God.

Tackled the Jean problem.

It's nice to see the X-Men just hang-out and have fun.

Nice to see Johnny there, would have liked to see his song.

Still couldn't care less about Simon.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly I forgot who Simon was because he looked like a Beatles reject.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    spoilers:
    Daken uses Bobby
    end of spoilers
    I wish it just ended here...

Fantastic Member

It's okay, Mrs. Drake, you're not alone.

So, my thoughts, specifically about Daken/Bobby...

spoilers:
    - My biggest disappointment is that we have Dumbledore Iceman with him... I just wanted to appreciate those bed/making out panels ok??? But like this I can't do that as much... I'm not even joking, that is LEGIT my biggest disappointment(along with the artist, I miss the ones from the first volume...) lol. I guess I'm gonna have to accept power bottom Daken as my headcanon at least for this AU.

- I'm happy that they're, well, finally a for real canon pairing, even if it's on an alternate timeline. But the fact that grandpa Bobby tells how things went, is probably gonna make main Bobby not even consider anything ever lol.

- I'm not mad that Daken is still a betraying POS tbh. Mostly cause its an AU anyway, but also cause I never really expected them to have a cute happily ever after kind of story, I welcome messiness, though ideally not going that far...
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly I forgot who Simon was because he looked like a Beatles reject.
    That artist is really bad at drawing. Simon should look like a guy with fiery curly hair

But what was Simon whispering to Iceman about? I don't quite understand their conversation.

simon: 'there's nothing serious to pursue between us. but if you want.....
    bobby: 'we'll get the heck out of here'...

Jean Grey didnt out Bobby. I dont like this narrative as Bobby made the choice to let everyone know he was gay and start seeing men. Jean didnt do that for him

Anyways this issue wasnt bad. Better than the entirety of Sina's two series, probably bc it was a oneshot and didnt have room to drag

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean Grey didnt out Bobby. I dont like this narrative as Bobby made the choice to let everyone know he was gay and start seeing men. Jean didnt do that for him

Anyways this issue wasnt bad. Better than the entirety of Sina's two series, probably bc it was a oneshot and didnt have room to drag
    I don"t know why they call this Uncanny X-Men, this should be Iceman annual #1.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I don"t know why they call this Uncanny X-Men, this should be Iceman annual #1.
    Annual wouldnt work as he doesnt have an ongoing and mini series dont typically get annuals. Id have preferred it as an Iceman oneshot myself. The ties to Uncanny X-men were kinda weak.

What does Christian Frost do this issue? Is Emma in it?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    What does Christian Frost do this issue? Is Emma in it?
    He gives Bobby a big check for previously helping him out. Jean acknowledges that he shouldnt be there and Kitty bitches him out. No Emma, but she is mentioned.

Yeah. I didn't like that part either. And it's weird that he's mad at her when young Bobby didn't actually mind. It's like Sina just read people complaining online and followed their narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah. I didn't like that part either. And it's weird that he's mad at her when young Bobby didn't actually mind. It's like Sina just read people complaining online and followed their narrative.
    yeah and even in the first series, Bobby seemed overall relieved that it happened. Sina has written him as being better off, but now he's mad at Jean? Okay. I wish she had mentioned here that she always knew but never said anything. Her younger self didnt hae the same maturity or tact as she got her TP when she was a bit younger

It's definitely the right narrative though - Jeen read Bobby's thoughts (without invitation) and told him he was gay before he was in a position where he was comfortable admitting that to himself. It was a pretty big breach of trust.

Christian showed up briefly, no Emma