Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    And again, they made him the evil bisexual who manipulates ad sleeps with everyone to achive his goals... looks like this trope will never end for him, even this happens, or he's the expendable gay character who just gets killed off
    Yeah it's a bit sad and annoying that Sina only sees Daken like that. I wish someone else would try to do something with this ship, but I don't really have any hopes...

Huh it was cute but I guess it would be better if I read Iceman's series, though it looked like it was going to involve more X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Huh it was cute but I guess it would be better if I read Iceman's series, though it looked like it was going to involve more X-Men.
    Iceman's series are not that good. This oneshot was good as it was very distilled and got straight to the point.

am the only one puzzled by the scene in bed with old iceman in ice form? it made no sense whatsoever.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    am the only one puzzled by the scene in bed with old iceman in ice form? it made no sense whatsoever.
    They were f**king.

Problem solved.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They were f**king.

Problem solved.
    in ice form?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Because as we all know, there is no pleasure to be gained via intercourse with solid, cold objects.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Because as we all know, there is no pleasure to be gained via intercourse with solid, cold objects.
    dont know about your particular situation but I personally see no pleasure in having sex with a block of ice

BANNED

Problematic or not, I infinitely prefer sexy ******* Daken over Taylor's onii-chan.

The only problem is that now I really wanna see cosmic Daken Uchiha pull up with the glove.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I... I wouldn't go that far? I think his writing has some flaws and I pointed out something I didn't like on here, but overall I thought his Iceman run had more pros than cons. You should probably figure out by yourself what you think if you want to.
    I am already vaguely familiar with his Iceman work if only on a very limited basis...just saw the BC article featuring Daken and Bearded Iceman and...and I don't particularly care for his 'lack of finesse and nuance'...as a gay writer writing gay themes, he leaves me cold (pun not intended). But that's clearly just me.

As a reader of comics...I am fully in the camp of "respect the source material" even if you personally don't agree with it. Granted, he's adding another layer to the circumstance from Bobby's perspective but, as you and others have indicated, the essence of what was written should remain true...and everything I've read of Teen Bobby's realisation didn't warrant his (Adult Bobby) reaction/interaction with Jean. I get that Sina's trying to make a point, whatever the point is but...imo, he's not very good at doing so. He's just not a good enough writer and I am obviously not his target readership so I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-13-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Iceman coming out was the only notable thing Bendis really did his entire run. It actually caused changed and generated a healthy dialogue about common experience in the LGBTQIA community.

My thought is that Jean did not out him publicly but still invaded his mind. As a friend she confronted him privately. One could argue that pushing him in that regard helps push along the coming out process which is ultimately helpful, but she could have been more subtle. Compared to Emma who wanted Iceman to be strong and confidant enough to do it himself.

In terms of storytelling, Bendis rushed the storytelling process of this. There were certainly hints but this was rushed as he was jumping off the title and had no real ending. But it doesn't not make sense. The morals, ethics, etc are up for debate, but that's common in comics.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Well at least they tied the loose ends and it's a shame we did not have the clash promised on the cover would be much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well at least they tied the loose ends and it's a shame we did not have the clash promised on the cover would be much more interesting.
    Did they? I didnt feel there was any loose ends with the Future Bobby that needed to be tied. I still dont get what the point of him returning was. He accomplished nothing. His future shouldnt even be Bobby's future anymore now that the teen O5 went back in time. The BOTA future should be a splinter timeline that has now deviated from 616

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did they? I didnt feel there was any loose ends with the Future Bobby that needed to be tied. I still dont get what the point of him returning was. He accomplished nothing. His future shouldnt even be Bobby's future anymore now that the teen O5 went back in time. The BOTA future should be a splinter timeline that has now deviated from 616
    It was already shown to ahead deviated and changed multiple times when the future brotherhood and Phoenix Quentin kept messing with time.
    Then by Extermination, it was replaced by a new future that they were trying to stop.

Yeah I agree, at this point we should just call it a splinter/alternate universe timeline