Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

In general, I liked the number less when Bobby starts to chastise Jean, Scott, Maddie and Emma

This was remarkably, and completely unexpectedly (sorry) entertaining.

The premise and all of my preconceptions about how this narrative was gonna go down were completely wrong. Being wrong is awesome. In this case.
    I was surprised by the amount of content Grace managed to pack into this finale without it feeling "packed in". It was dense, but it was dense with a whooooooLATTA wrap up that charmed the pants off of me. And apparently off of Bobby. And Simon. And Daken. And Geriatric Bobby Wizard. If the sensors had given Grace zero restrictions, I imagine we'd have gotten a cocksicle gag (heh. gag) in this issue.

Anyhow. Yes. What a delightful read.
    So much content. I mean, I'll be real with y'all -- SOME of the content didn't matter to me, but I'm still impressed by how well it was handled. I am, like many readers it seems, rather indifferent to Michaela, but I loved Bobby's insistence that she is not in fact an X-Man. That was both hilarious and classic Bobby. As luke-warm as my feelings are/were about Judah, I still appreciate the revisiting of that particular milestone(?) for Bobbers. Wizard Bobby and the majority of the Battle of the Atom X-folk are just a sour reminder of some of Bendis's unwelcome (for me) additions to the mythos, but again: Solid handling, Grace. I alwaaaaaaays enjoy any excuse for my X-fam to gather in a casual setting and I'm doubly pleased by the people closest to Bobby attending. I'm happy FOR Grace, in cannonizing SOME Bobken(?) for the shippers, even if its an alternate future whatever blah blah. Christian Frost returning? Well done. Jean and Bobby doing the hard talk? Good for them. (I still don't necessarily share the seemingly common(?) acceptance that Jean violated him as I have my own thoughts and beliefs on telepathy and empathy and suppression etc etc but mileage certainly varies and I respect everyone's interpretation of that event etc yadda yadda ) Kid Apocalypse? Cute. Buddy Cop Bishop? Love it. Morlock Madin. Cool.

SO MUCH CONTENT.

Anyhow. Well done and bon voyage, Grace. You did some COOL ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In general, I liked the number less when Bobby starts to chastise Jean, Scott, Maddie and Emma
    Lol, I'm still confused on how Madelyne catfished Scott, he knew she wasn't Jean, how is that maddys fault anyways.

Every one still complains and blames Scott and Emma and sees them as Hitler villains despite all they sacrificed. Jean still has the annual return of a shiar to shame her about dark Phoenix and put her on trial or kill her family, the Xmen freak out anytime she lifts something heavier than a tea cup, her own son tried to kill her so she wouldn't develop her powers.

But Bobby Drake freezes the world and everyone let's it go, then his future self comes to warn him about Daken and he gets angry about how no one forgives him when he has to forgive everyone.

Don't mind me. Big Bobby fan but what really sold this oneshot to me was that the other's on the cover would be in it. And well, now you know why I'm annoyed

I'm glad it was addressed. That scene with Jean outing Bobby was messed up and a lot of us saw that. This was great.

Yes, that is, Jeen deserves all the reproaches of the world for what she did to Teen Bobby. But degenerating that into Dark Phoenix, Maddie and Emma leaves him in a bad place, as if he had a problem with women.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, that is, Jeen deserves all the reproaches of the world for what she did to Teen Bobby. But degenerating that into Dark Phoenix, Maddie and Emma leaves him in a bad place, as if he had a problem with women.
    The womanhood reference was a direct reference of Claremont I believe. In X-Men companion he said it was about the phoenix/Jean looking for the cosmic orgasm. It was a sexual thrill.

Incredible Member

I agree that Teen Jean outing Bobby was distasteful, but I read the context differently: being new to her full telepathic powers, I thought young Jean did not know how to block thoughts yet. If effect, she couldn’t stop reading the minds around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lol, I'm still confused on how Madelyne catfished Scott, he knew she wasn't Jean, how is that maddys fault anyways.
    From Jean's little, "Not really, but go on" during Bobby's venting session, I suspect she felt the same, but was just going to let Bobby have his "Let It Go" moment and get it all off his chest.

PSA: This thread is for chatter about the PREVIEW for the issue, not the issue itself. If you want to talk about the whole issue, create a thread!