Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Kraven for the next couple months--

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

long live Ramos! his art is what got me to try out the Superior Spider-man book.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Wondering what's going on with Spidey's health. Was he poisoned at some point on panel and we didn't realize it, and if so, when?

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Wondering what's going on with Spidey's health. Was he poisoned at some point on panel and we didn't realize it, and if so, when?
    Maybe it was when Ned die maybe his dead body release some type of infection. Plus Ned was living in the streets so maybe he was sick and just pass Spidey a bug. Nevertheless, I suspect that Spidey will be weakened physically during this arc and rely more on his intellgence

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Maybe it was when Ned die maybe his dead body release some type of infection. Plus Ned was living in the streets so maybe he was sick and just pass Spidey a bug. Nevertheless, I suspect that Spidey will be weakened physically during this arc and rely more on his intellgence
    He made a remark in ASM 16 that his symptoms were all over the place and didn't correspond to any one ailment, so I definitely think something bigger than a bug is going on. It could very well be the Ned scene!

And I'm agreed that Spidey will be weakened during HUNTED. Which will make it all the more exciting for readers, naturally!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    He made a remark in ASM 16 that his symptoms were all over the place and didn't correspond to any one ailment, so I definitely think something bigger than a bug is going on. It could very well be the Ned scene!

And I'm agreed that Spidey will be weakened during HUNTED. Which will make it all the more exciting for readers, naturally!
    During the storyline of Grim Hunt Spider-Man also felt sick when Kaine came to his appartment, he also mentioned in issue #16 that the last time he felt like that, he didn't finish the sentence but I'm pretty sure he was refering to Grim Hunt, also in Grim Hunt he mentioned that he was hearing drums, and in the preview of issue #17 he also mentioned that he was hearing drums, so that means that is somehow connected, also in Grim Hunt there was a scene where he somehow made himself appear like Kraven, fooling Spider-Woman, Sasha Kravinoff, but it was never explained how he did it, hopefully here we will see that again, this seems to be turning in a pretty dark Spider-Man story, and hopefully this will also bring back the black suit during or after the story, since it was confirmed that the suit would appear in Nick run, I'm not sure if they referred to the flashback in issue #1, or during the confrontation with Red Goblin, but this seems like a good point for Peter to wear it again, even if just for a issue, let's not forget that Spidey wore the black suit against Kraven in both Kraven's Last Hunt and Grim Hunt.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    During the storyline of Grim Hunt Spider-Man also felt sick when Kaine came to his appartment, he also mentioned in issue #16 that the last time he felt like that, he didn't finish the sentence but I'm pretty sure he was refering to Grim Hunt, also in Grim Hunt he mentioned that he was hearing drums, and in the preview of issue #17 he also mentioned that he was hearing drums, so that means that is somehow connected, also in Grim Hunt there was a scene where he somehow made himself appear like Kraven, fooling Spider-Woman, Sasha Kravinoff, but it was never explained how he did it, hopefully here we will see that again, this seems to be turning in a pretty dark Spider-Man story, and hopefully this will also bring back the black suit during or after the story, since it was confirmed that the suit would appear in Nick run, I'm not sure if they referred to the flashback in issue #1, or during the confrontation with Red Goblin, but this seems like a good point for Peter to wear it again, even if just for a issue, let's not forget that Spidey wore the black suit against Kraven in both Kraven's Last Hunt and Grim Hunt.
    In Grim Hunt, he wore the black suit when he was pushed over the edge by the Kravens using fellow spider-powered heroes, especially his clone brother Kaine (who came back later, unlike poor Mattie), as blood sacrifices to restore Sergei to life. Whatever would push Spider-Man to wearing the black suit again in Hunted . . . I'm pretty sure it'll have to be something truly horrific, which might just mean . . . "poor Billy."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

No matter how dark it gets, I don't see him putting on the black suit, just because he doesn't really have a way of getting it, he and everyone else will be trapped underneath the Planetary Defence Shield in Central Park.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I can't stress enough how excited I am for Hunted after reading #16,#16HU & and this preview!

Spectacular Member

This story is basically Spider-Man worst nightmare, civilians and villains killing each other, there won't be a clear line of who Peter has to protect, Felicia, Billy and even Aleksei are in danger, Kraven and his son are hunting him down, and he has to find a way to take down the forcefield, this is a very interesting event already.
    And since most of the characters are D-List villains, adn characters created for this arc, there can be a lot of death.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That would be cool, since Spider-Man's power level is way above Kraven's, physically. It makes Kraven a lot more threatening when Peter is weakened. There's also the fact that I just love Spider-Man underdog stories, so Peter going up against Kraven's small army of hunters with his powers malfunctioning sounds like it will make for a very suspenseful read.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

Great art by Humberto Ramos and the story looks quite cool.
    I have been a fan of Humberto Ramos art from some time now,but the art in this preview is awesome.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6KEGfBbpa

"Tomorrow is a very big day for everybody working on THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN— as HUNTED officially kicks off with a special oversized issue drawn by the legendary @ramosland. This is the story we’ve been building to all year long, and for me, it’s the story I’ve been dying to tell since the minute I got the book. But now I have a special favor to ask of you— tonight, before you read our new issue, sit down and read (hopefully re-read) what I think is the greatest Spidey story of all time, KRAVEN’S LAST HUNT. Everything we’re attempting to do here is a love song to that story, and I really do think having it fresh in your mind will add something to the reading experience. We can’t hope to match it, but there a lot of Easter eggs, callbacks, and homages in the pages we hope you’ll enjoy! So there you go, now you have an excuse to re-visit a true classic. Then tomorrow, the next chapter in Kraven’s saga begins!"

the supreme high leader has given us a command, come crawling faster, obey your master, etc.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Another oversized issue? Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6KEGfBbpa

"Tomorrow is a very big day for everybody working on THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN— as HUNTED officially kicks off with a special oversized issue drawn by the legendary @ramosland. This is the story we’ve been building to all year long, and for me, it’s the story I’ve been dying to tell since the minute I got the book. But now I have a special favor to ask of you— tonight, before you read our new issue, sit down and read (hopefully re-read) what I think is the greatest Spidey story of all time, KRAVEN’S LAST HUNT. Everything we’re attempting to do here is a love song to that story, and I really do think having it fresh in your mind will add something to the reading experience. We can’t hope to match it, but there a lot of Easter eggs, callbacks, and homages in the pages we hope you’ll enjoy! So there you go, now you have an excuse to re-visit a true classic. Then tomorrow, the next chapter in Kraven’s saga begins!"

the supreme high leader has given us a command, come crawling faster, obey your master, etc.
    i'd buy that for a dollar! but I think it's like 40 bones on amazon