Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It sort of goes back to theory that Nate or whoever is in charge of this reality is sort of underpowering post of the characters so that they're less able to be a threat.

Pete's powers don't really lend well to being depowered, but losing an arm will slow him down.
    Hmmm yah seems likely.
    I was thinking of it being a reflection of Pete's emotional/mental well being and how it's a glaring flaw in the AoX

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So not even X-men know that the Department-X are mind wiping people. Bishop seemed aware
    That's potentially part of his crimes maybe? What if he was looking into everything that was "wrong" his whole time?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, in fact I thought it was great

Poor Colossus being thrown under the bus just cos be hurt Jordan D Whites waifu decades ago! get over it Jordan

Colossus was/is the best thing Kitty has had going for her in years, well apart from Star-lord but that was ridiculously un-believable even by x-book standards

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmmm yah seems likely.
    I was thinking of it being a reflection of Pete's emotional/mental well being and how it's a glaring flaw in the AoX
    I like that idea too! Especially since in 616, he likely would have been given some sort of super arm by now. It's a visual reminder that for all this world's greatest, it's lacking a lot by its very design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That's potentially part of his crimes maybe? What if he was looking into everything that was "wrong" his whole time?
    Bishop is a naturally paranoid man. Nate should haveput him with Department X instead of trying to make him fit into the X-Men.

What the hell was Nature Girl doing in these action poses and random staff wielding? LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    What the hell was Nature Girl doing in these action poses and random staff wielding? LOL
    She was doing her best, okay?!

BANNED

The twisting of Magneto's soul. The way it all really began when Claremont wrote his masterpiece. It was used well here..and apparently his confrontation with Storm goes to another level next issue.

Lol@Colossus obsessing over Kitty again

I think, um, maybe this series is in its over it's head. If it has its own exclusive shoulders...which I doubt. Head in cloud. Um..

Trying to be too many tones at once with a complex plot that demands entirely too much from this grab bag approach.
    Ideally, each page and panel should be vital.

To work this series necessitates a much more economical and resolved voice. It suffers from trying to hard to be cool. In my heart I guess I wish this cast would shut up and show up. What I mean is the dialogue is horrible and distracting, the action scenes are stiff and everything of substance here could be said in four lines.

In the long run, this (maybe kinda significant) AU probably isn't well-suited for a print edition reader like me.
    I believe that every single issue of every single title has to read in sequence as they come out to get all that's really great about Age of X-Man.
    It's surely a collaborative improvisational sensation. The best of its kind so far in X-Books, perhaps. But sadly...I guess I gotta adapt.

Oddly, the reality that Age of X-Man is so very decidedly formatted to digital format kinda reinforces the dirt under the manicure feel of its content. Is that difficult to appreciate? Turn off your phone for a second...look at a cloud...where's your mind? Or is it just me? And if it is? Is it just you too...I mean...oh, I don't know.

There was a time we shared that space...and this one was within our space we shared...that space is not in here...though it may feel nice to hold like it is...lol, oh okay, I'm...sorry. And yet!

As a #2 print edition of a 5 copy comic book mini series...this isn't one of those.

Marvel should skip the mini trade releases and just put out a collected omnibus. That'd be readable in a physical book way.
    Last edited by sungila; 03-14-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    I think, um, maybe this series is in its over it's head. If it has its own exclusive shoulders...which I doubt. Head in cloud. Um..

Trying to be too many tones at once with a complex plot that demands entirely too much from this grab bag approach.
    Ideally, each page and panel should be vital.

To work this series necessitates a much more economical and resolved voice. It suffers from trying to hard to be cool. In my heart I guess I wish this cast would shut up and show up. What I mean is the dialogue is horrible and distracting, the action scenes are stiff and everything of substance here could be said in four lines.

In the long run, this (maybe kinda significant) AU probably isn't well-suited for a print edition reader like me.
    I believe that every single issue of every single title has to read in sequence as they come out to get all that's really great about Age of X-Man.
    It's surely a collaborative improvisational sensation. The best of its kind so far in X-Books, perhaps. But sadly...I guess I gotta adapt.

Oddly, the reality that Age of X-Man is so very decidedly formatted to digital format kinda reinforces the dirt under the manicure feel of its content. Is that difficult to appreciate? Turn off your phone for a second...look at a cloud...where's your mind? Or is it just me? And if it is? Is it just you too...I mean...oh, I don't know.

There was a time we shared that space...and this one was within our space we shared...that space is not in here...though it may feel nice to hold like it is...lol, oh okay, I'm...sorry. And yet!

As a #2 print edition of a 5 copy comic book mini series...this isn't one of those.

Marvel should skip the mini trade releases and just put out a collected omnibus. That'd be readable in a physical book way.
    That's not how the future works

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Pooky is being an example of postive black masculinity and parenthood to his son. He is more woke than all of the Marvelous Wonder Bread combined.
    Black? He's pale blue and likely a Berber given his origin. I admire the positive sentiment though.

Not a fan of the art in this issue and much moreso the Extracts issue, but the story with Apocalypse and co. is going somewhere interesting. Hippy Apocalypse is something one wouldn't think they'd ever see.
    Last edited by Chainsaw Vigilante; 03-14-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Apocalypse is a sick manipulator. That's just who he is. And their entire "relationship" isn't even real. Apocalypse isn't Evan's father and I'm not really sure Apocalypse is even able to love anyone.
    While I don't really agree about Apocalypse in that respect (manipulator sure, but when he's written well he's written as one with logic and values much like when Doom and Magneto are written well and one could say that of Thanos as well), that reminds me of a great exchange in the 1995 movie The Prophecy:

Catherine: "Go to hell!"

Gabriel: "Heaven, darling. Heaven. At least get the zip code right."

Catherine: "It's all the same to you, isn't it?"

Gabriel: "No. In heaven, we believe in love."

Catherine: "What do you love, Gabriel?"

Gabriel: "Cracking your skull."

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Black? He's pale blue-
    *Kill Bill sirens*
    *flashback to this*

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

oh you mean to say there's a black man fighting to get out under the blue exterior?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

#letapocalypsebeblack

Though I mean I had always thought En Sabah Nur in the past had been portrayed as Middle-Eastern. Either way, he ain't white.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey