Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Apocalypse said that the markings have something to do with Hope. I really can't think of what that could mean, since Hope's eyes aren't especially notable.

Given that Apocalypse and Genesis shouldn't be able to scar easily, I wonder if it isn't just paint? Especially since we don't think we see those markings anywhere else.

Damn, Apocalypse's extra long fingers freak me out so bad.

Apocalypse's finger is creeping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Apocalypse said that the markings have something to do with Hope. I really can't think of what that could mean, since Hope's eyes aren't especially notable.

Given that Apocalypse and Genesis shouldn't be able to scar easily, I wonder if it isn't just paint? Especially since we don't think we see those markings anywhere else.

Someone didn't read Hope's last couple of appearances! She's got a scar identical to Cable's now, and that's what Apocalypse was mimicking. Go read Cable's last solo, specifically the third (final) arc, and X-Men: The Exterminated, the coda to Extermination.

Yes, it's makeup.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The series and this event is waaay better than it has any business being, given the concepts on the surface.

Alternate reality: lame trope

Future X-Men and/or X-Men offspring: lame trope.

And yet here I am. Enticed by a preview, which happens less and less each month.

The Red Dragon

Another 5 months of this alt reality that in the end wont really matter. It’s hard to be vested or care.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Another 5 months of this alt reality that in the end wont really matter. It’s hard to be vested or care.
    Oh, come now, just enjoy while it's here!

It's an interesting book and the whole thing is so creepy. Someone, grab Genesis and lock him away so that Apocalypse can't hurt him!

It’s most likely just paint to imitate the scar that Hope has around her eye especially since he emphasized it as a symbol dedicated to her.

Given that this is the second set of memory flashes from Laura, I’m wondering if she’s supposed to be a connective focal character throughout this book.

I hope this never ends

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s most likely just paint to imitate the scar that Hope has around her eye especially since he emphasized it as a symbol dedicated to her.

Given that this is the second set of memory flashes from Laura, I’m wondering if she’s supposed to be a connective focal character throughout this book.
    I still think it could be her healing factor. But again, she was triggered by Logan's statue. Laura seems to have more around her to trigger her.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I hope this never ends
    You just stole my thoughts. I kind of just...don’t want them to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The scales must fall from their eyes at some point (and I'm really hoping Nate gets his ass kicked when they do). But dang, the road there has been fun so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I'm honestly not opposed to it either. These are some of the best stories we've had in a while. My only complaint would be the mutants still over in 616 as I'd want em all here

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The scales must fall from their eyes at some point (and I'm really hoping Nate gets his ass kicked when they do). But dang, the road there has been fun so far.
    Yeah this is true. I can't wait for the revelations and reactions. But yeah it's been a great journey thus far

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I hope this never ends
    Make some time since x-books were this good and connected

Yeah, I've been really impressed with how this book has discussed things like sex and love. It doesn't really sexualized them, but makes a point that these are normal emotions and feelings that everyone feels. Not having them at all is what is weird.

Not just Storm, but Jean was seemingly even questioning why they were there at all given that the rally was mostly peaceful. I don't think they're aware of Department X.
    Many of times sexuality on comics are sexualizing women or doing something crazy for shock value. Seeing sex being treated with a serious theme is refreshing. Feels like writers treating the readers as grown ups.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-07-2019 at 07:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    No. Jean Grey Is gonna continue to have sex with Bishop once she's back in the 616.

Extraordinary Member

Is anyone creeped out by Poccy? His extra long fingers, his normal appearance, his calm act, the little bit we see of him and Evan, his finger...

I mean, how lazy are you that you stretch out your fingers instead of just moving them slightly to the side a bit?

But it is an interesting small look into just how casual people are with their powers.