Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Apocalypse mostly demonstrated shape-shifting, telepathy and energy projection but they barely distinguished what were his abilities and what came from the Celestial power-up.

Also someone mentioned memorials but we haven't seen the Gambit and Rogue ones.
    Given that his powers are probably being manipulated by Nate, who knows what his powers might be.

BANNED

Yay Dazzler.

This does seem very interesting.

Another strong entry like whoa. OK, so this is not gonna be a light-hearted, trippy take on the whole "forbidden love" thing. This book has some sinister undertones going for it already, and a couple of uncomfortable moments regarding the whole "getting used to sexual expression" theme. Also, yeah, it helps a lot to read this one first and Marvelous X-Men #2 second - both are enjoyable on their own, but going into the pro-love rally with more info than the X-Men has makes for a better read. Big thumbs up.

spoilers:
    I did feel like Evan was a bit out of character with his aggression, but I think that can be chalked up to 1) his altered memories and 2) Pocky's direct influence. This kid may be in for a world of hurt once his head clears.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-13-2019 at 12:09 AM.

spoilers:
    That Colossus PSA is so chilling
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    That Colossus PSA is so chilling
    end of spoilers
    The propaganda bits in this series have been really well done. I mean, seriously, spoilers:
    Colossus stops just short of saying they can make little girls who are naughty disappear before going back to all smiles and the greater good, and... yeah, creepy as ****.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Kitty pulling out the Menorah and asking "what is it?" hit me like a train. This book isn't pulling any punches and everyone in this book is so got damn horny. Eye Boy trying to go smack at Kitty, Dazzler and And the signs (ex. "Report Illegal Intimacy", "You Are Safe", and the most horrifying one..."X-Men Brand Soda Pop") and PSAs really flesh out this mutant utopia which has completely flipped the world on its head. From 50s fashion and Pleasant Hill psychological horror to Poccy and his horny rebels vaping Unveil to discuss their plans to spread love and togetherness
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The propaganda bits in this series have been really well done. I mean, seriously, spoilers:
    Colossus stops just short of saying they can make little girls who are naughty disappear before going back to all smiles and the greater good, and... yeah, creepy as ****.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I got a real 'unhealthy/abusive relationship' vibe from how Piotr describes the X-Men as "the ones who keep the people safe and happy," so they shouldn't make the X-Men sad or they'll get punished.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

This book was pretty good. Yep, old Poccy is doing what he does best.

It’s okay Eye Boy! Lin is waiting for you!

I really love Apocalypse and Genesis' relationship

Like the rest of the series of Age of X-man, this started really strong.

Intrigued to learn more about Unveil.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It’s okay Eye Boy! Lin is waiting for you!
    I forgot that they bad a thing. That should be fun!

But I'm happy that it's acknowledged that Trevor is way too young for Kitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really love Apocalypse and Genesis' relationship
    I am still iffy on it. Apocalypse's whole set up creeper me out a bit and I still think he's planning to use Evan for something.

Also, the whole way he spoke about Omega Red has me wondering if he realizes how dangerous he is or if, again, he's just using this as a way to get what he wants, which is control and dominance.

Shadowcat is back, and it's refreshing! Exit the false Kitty Pryde that we had since she became headmistress!

The art and the story are nice btw

Looking forward to see the rest of the story

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Murshid, no! Omega Red's one of the anti-horny Commies. Issue was kinda of short: the two Omega Red scenes, Dazzler's show, the thing with Eye Boy and Kitty plus the thing at the museum. Next Gen felt longer.

7/10 though.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 03-13-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I forgot that they bad a thing. That should be fun!

But I'm happy that it's acknowledged that Trevor is way too young for Kitty.

I am still iffy on it. Apocalypse's whole set up creeper me out a bit and I still think he's planning to use Evan for something.

Also, the whole way he spoke about Omega Red has me wondering if he realizes how dangerous he is or if, again, he's just using this as a way to get what he wants, which is control and dominance.
    Same. It will def be awkward though when they come back to life and they remember he kissed her. Haha. I’m assuming they will remember when they go back to the regular universe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    EDIT: Wrong thread.

Murshid, no! Omega Red's one of the anti-horny Commies. Issue was kinda of short: the two Omega Red scenes, Dazzler's show, the thing with Eye Boy and Kitty plus the thing at the museum. Next Gen felt longer.

7/10 though.
    Yeah, I had fun, this issue felt really, really short. It feels like the panels are almost too big