Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Kitty grooming? How the tables have turned. Good luck Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Kitty grooming? How the tables have turned. Good luck Trevor.
    The difference is that she said no.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Peter said no at first too because Kitty was too young.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Peter said no at first too because Kitty was too young.
    Kitty completely not interested on Trevor.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I just really like the questions that Age of X-Man is asking about the dangers of forming groups in society vs. the costs of discarding them. Cool issue.

Calling Apocalypse "murshid" was weird to me. Why is Apocalypse choosing Arabic titles when his name is grammatically incorrect in Arabic smh

BANNED

This was fun. Best book of the bunch , as good as Nightcrawler.

Was that Ozymandias in a drag

Interesting... This issue takes place before Marvelous X-Men #1 & 2

I wonder how other books will fit into the timeline

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And she shows no interest in him at all. Trevor is a normal teenage boy who in this world has grown up unable to even examine his own sexual feelings, so it makes sense that he would act on them without realizing why he shouldn't.

What I like about Kitty's reaction is that it shows that her place in the movement isn't just because she wants to bang people, but because she wants to have the agency to if she so desired.

It works especially since we've all had our fill of Sex Cult jokes for weeks, so seeing it being taken seriously is very reasurring.

There's also Evan's outburst at, um, was that Ozmandius in drag? But the point is, there seems to be two sides to this movement: the more serious side that is focused on love and freedom and the side who is in it more for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I just really like the questions that Age of X-Man is asking about the dangers of forming groups in society vs. the costs of discarding them. Cool issue.

Calling Apocalypse "murshid" was weird to me. Why is Apocalypse choosing Arabic titles when his name is grammatically incorrect in Arabic smh
    I think it's funny because En Sabah Nur's closest translation would be "good morning." Also, the name "Nur" is a woman's name.

But I think the stance from Marvel is thay since Apocalypse is so old, his name wouldn't use the same grammar that we see in modern Arabic. Of course, we all know the real reason, but let's go with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Was that Ozymandias in a drag

Interesting... This issue takes place before Marvelous X-Men #1 & 2

I wonder how other books will fit into the timeline
    Oh my God, it probably is Ozmandius in drag.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I thought this was a good start to the story, but with out not knowing much about the team history and how it was formed the Kitty Eye-boy seen just felt kinda heavy handed. Have they kissed before? Kitty could have easily phased if she was not with it. As sexless as this AU is he could have just went to hug her and it would have been just as defining.

I like the new character (can't remember her name) and how they all touched with her to sorta enter a higher state of consciousness. I kinda see tiny similarities between the Xtracts and the invisibles. Not all fights are physical and i think this team can take the fight to other levels. So this Team are the RIDES could Omega Red be the first of a team of Horsemen Poc is trying to assemble?

I was throughly enjoying the story, thought Apoc sounded Crazy AF but also kinda right which is extra creepy Loved the Apoc/Genesis dynamic. kinda rolled my eyes at the new black Character who had to get barefoot while the others used her as some telepathic joint. despite that somehow enjoyable

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I thought this was a good start to the story, but with out not knowing much about the team history and how it was formed the Kitty Eye-boy seen just felt kinda heavy handed. Have they kissed before? Kitty could have easily phased if she was not with it. As sexless as this AU is he could have just went to hug her and it would have been just as defining.

I like the new character (can't remember her name) and how they all touched with her to sorta enter a higher state of consciousness. I kinda see tiny similarities between the Xtracts and the invisibles. Not all fights are physical and i think this team can take the fight to other levels. So this Team are the RIDES could Omega Red be the first of a team of Horsemen Poc is trying to assemble?
    I liked how they used Trevor for exposition, especially since his powers aren't really combat based. But it was pretty heavy handed.

As for the kiss, yes, it was rather heavy handed, but it did show that this is still our Kitty, as well as expressing Trwvor's own confusion over his own feelings and just the number this world is doing to these characters.

Apocalypse wanting to bring Omega Red into things has me worried. He either truly is unaware what sort of monster he is or he doesn't care and sees him as a means to an end.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I was throughly enjoying the story, thought Apoc sounded Crazy AF but also kinda right which is extra creepy Loved the Apoc/Genesis dynamic. kinda rolled my eyes at the new black Character who had to get barefoot while the others used her as some telepathic joint. despite that somehow enjoyable
    The thing is, I think most of us sort of want Apocalypse to sound insane. It's what we're used to. To have him sound rather reasonable is disturbing. Really, what is wrong with showing your son affection in public? It's only disturbing here because we know those two characters shouldn'tbe that close.

I really do like Unveil, but she does feel like an uncomfortable stereotype, especially since she's the only person of color in the cast. Yes, yes, I know that Kitty is Jewish and Evan and Apocalypse aren't white, but how often do we see either of them with darker skin?

BANNED

Do we have the secret variant yet?