View Poll Results: Are Storm/Cyclops/Wolverine the big 3 of the X-Men?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Without question, they are the big 3 X-Men

56 61.54%
  • No. The Big 3 includes.. (list who you think in the comments)

35 38.46%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Are Storm/Cyclops/Wolverine the big 3 or trinity of the X-Men?

Excluding Prof X and Magneto, when I think of the most consequential X-characters since the franchise's inception, I feel like these three have a separate tier than the others. Consistently major players, leaders through the years, and lots of character development. The only ones I think come close are Kurt, Pietro, Jean, Rogue, and Emma. But IMO these guys either often took a sidelined role or were missing for too many years to really be on the same caliber.

Feels pretty cut and dry to me. Just wondering if anyone disagrees.
    Last edited by The Kid; 03-07-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Excluding Prof X and Magneto, when I think of the most consequential X-characters since the franchise's inception, I feel like these three have a separate tier than the others. Consistently major players, leaders through the years, and lots of character development. The only ones I think come close are Kurt, Pietro, Jean, Rogue, and Emma. But IMO these guys either often took a sidelined role or were missing for too many years to really be on the caliber.

Feels pretty cut and dry to me. Just wondering if anyone disagrees.
    I voted no because I don't think there is a trinity
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I voted no because I don't think there is a trinity
    Fair enough. It's def not as defined and set as Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman or Captain America/Iron Man/Thor but it does genuinely feel like they fit a similar archetype in that mold.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I think...

Only one of those is a franchise unto itself. I'm not sure how storm really gets the love she gets when she really doesn't have a significant story life or hasn't for
    untold millennia. I actually started to think its because she's the only prominent african face consistently used in the X-men cartoon from the 90's.
    I don't dislike her but when you say "BIG 3" Or "trinity"

You're talking Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman... all have their own brand. All have thier own spinoffs characters (Times (X)) in most cases. All have had
    for better or worse. their own individual led movies

I hate to say it but the Big 3 "If there is indeed such a thing" ...

Is probably closer to: Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool. High dollar properties that can move a solo book on occasion.

The people you listed are closer to "THE X-leaders" or something.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Sort of.

Storm: the character they use so they don't get accused of literally never using black characters in the X-Men instead of mostly never.

Wolverine: The by-far most popular X-Men character and one-time biggest character in Marvel. Lol @ being overtaken by iron man of all characters. F*cking meme movies.

Cyclops: The most common author/editor self-insert.

The fact that you have to ask, means no. The X-men dont have this, like the Avengers and JL do

Storm is Thor is Wonder Woman: Super-powerful being from another place, mythic and gorgeous. Can be berserk warrior and peaceful friend simultaneously.

Cyclops is Captain America is Superman: Boy scout with a heart of gold. Old timey ideals occasionally slip into pragmatic tactics.

Wolverine is Iron Man is Batman: The superstar augmented with metal accoutrements. Can be a handful, does not often play well with others, but you want him on your side in a scrap.

While the X-Men don't conform as stringently to the "Big Three" concept as much as the Avengers or Justice League, it can and does fit.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

No, the X-Men don't have a trinity. In terms of popularity and recognition there's Wolverine and then there's the rest.

I voted no, for a few reasons.

I don't think Marvel has a Trinity necessarily, at least not in terms of significance to their universe. They don't have an answer to either Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman in their larger universe, let alone among the X-Men.

In terms of sales/popularity? Wolverine and Deadpool for sure, maybe Xavier or Magneto. They haven't really done a good job positioning any of their female X-leads as top notch outside of the comics. I mean, we readers know that the women are the real powerhouses among the X-Men, but I think the general perception has Wolverine and the usual suspects at the top.

If forced to choose a Trinity among the X-Men, your picks aren't bad. Jean could edge out Storm depending on the criteria.

I always thought Beast could be part of the trinity with Cyclops and Wolvie, but I guess Storm would make more sense.

Jean Grey - Wolverine - Cyclops
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

No, the X-Men don't have a trinity, they have the classic characters and then everyone else. The main rosters from the O5 and ANAD (including Rogue and Kitty in the ANAD crew) are the X-Men bedrock.

Wolverine is the only one who surpasses all in popularity.

I don't think they're really a trinity like the DC one. But they're the 3 most popular/important characters.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm is Thor is Wonder Woman: Super-powerful being from another place, mythic and gorgeous. Can be berserk warrior and peaceful friend simultaneously.

Cyclops is Captain America is Superman: Boy scout with a heart of gold. Old timey ideals occasionally slip into pragmatic tactics.

Wolverine is Iron Man is Batman: The superstar augmented with metal accoutrements. Can be a handful, does not often play well with others, but you want him on your side in a scrap.

While the X-Men don't conform as stringently to the "Big Three" concept as much as the Avengers or Justice League, it can and does fit.
    I agree with all of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think so. I think Jean is very close though, if only Grant Morrison hadn't killed her.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-07-2019 at 07:16 PM.